[THEME] [MODS] BATTERY 1% ICONs Gingerbread only
I know each of us have our own individual preferences in regards to how we like certain things to look. Battery 1% is no difference. Some like the icons to lie horizontal, some like it vertical and others may like it circular.
I put this together for the do-it-yourself-ers. UOT Kitchen is always a good option, too. This may make it easier if you just wanted a quickie without having to go to the kitchen.
Attached is a bunch of battery icons and a cwm-shell to flash the frameworks-res.apk. None of the work is my own. I just pulled out a bunch of the battery icons from different ROMs.
Credit should be giving to the original authors for making it or bringing it to you.
I wrote up the shell and simply provided the battery icon zips.
To have it on your phone, you need to be rooted.
1. download 7zip or WinRAR.
2. Open up the ROM you are running by clicking on the ROM on your PC or computer.
3. Find the folder: /system
4. In /system find the folder /framework/
5. In /framework/ - find the /framework-res.apk.
6. This has the battery icons you want.
7. Double click on the framework-res.apk
8. Go in the /res folder
9. Then go in the /drawable-hdpi folder.
10 If you scroll down on the images, you will start to see some images of battery icons.
11. Next, open up the downloaded battery icons zip by right clicking or double clicking on it.
12. Copy all the images in the zip and paste them into the already opened framework-res.apk and in the /drawable-hdpi/ folder.
13. Back out of the WinRAR or 7zip. It may ask you to finalize the changes, depending on the compression program you use.
14. At this point, you can use adb or android commander and push the new framework-res.apk into the ROM you are running or you can flash it in cwm.
It is important that you use the framework-res.apk from the ROM you are running or planning to run. Using a different framework-res.apk from different ROMs may produce unintended consequences.
15. If you are planning to flash it in cwm recovery, put the modded framework-res.apk in the cwm-flashable shell program or in the ROM.
15. Have the cwm-flashable on your phone. Boot into recovery and flash the newly modded framework-res.apk.
16. If you are cautious, make sure you have the old framework-res.apk in another cwm-flashable shell. -Call it Restore. If you tried to flash the new one and bad things happen or you boot loop or hang at the Samsung screen, just do the three finger recovery and flash the restore frameworks.
Btw, if you find some other battery icons you want to share, feel free to post them as well.