Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 42,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to safety downgrade from MIUI actual version to MIUI 2.2.24?

Tip us?

SeaFargo
Old
(Last edited by SeaFargo; 6th May 2012 at 01:38 PM.) Reason: Type mistakes
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Question [Q] How to safety downgrade from MIUI actual version to MIUI 2.2.24?

Hello to all expert and developers

As I mentioned on [bug report] Charging LED on Motorola Defy 2.4.13 and most recent updates, all the latest MIUI version after the 2.2.24 have a led bug.

The developers seems concentrating in ICS devices, so our Gingerbread devices are at the end of the development.

Unfortunately this bug still persists, so I would like to realize a little, but safe, downgrade from the 2.4.20 to the MIUI 2.2.24 without clearing data partition, offcourse.

If I just do it, many crashes appers...

Do you have any suggestion?

Kind regards to everybody and congrats to the developers of this amazing free OS! It's wonderful!!
Raf.

[Motorola Defy - Official MIUI Dev. Ed. - GWK74 - android-2.3.7_r1 - Holo Launcher]
[Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 - MIUI v5 - JDQ39E - android-4.2.2_r1.1 - 3.4.66-ChronicKernel - ext4 sdcard - Advanced Xperia Z Launcher 2.0.6]
[Testing the new i9505 MIUI official porting and ext4 sdcard]

SeaFargo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default android.process.acore crash

Just to let you know that the crashes after the downgrade is only regarding android.process.acore.

Do you have any suggestion??

I have downgraded from 2.4.20 to 2.2.24.

Everithing seems to work, but a lot of android.process.acore unespected termination ...

Thank you in advance for your help :)
Raf.

[Motorola Defy - Official MIUI Dev. Ed. - GWK74 - android-2.3.7_r1 - Holo Launcher]
[Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 - MIUI v5 - JDQ39E - android-4.2.2_r1.1 - 3.4.66-ChronicKernel - ext4 sdcard - Advanced Xperia Z Launcher 2.0.6]

Auris 1.6 vvt-i
Old
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME
Wipe cache partition and dalvik cache only. Don't wipe data.
MBM525 [CM9 ICS 4.0.4]16-07-2012, powered by Quarx \\\V6 Supercharged///

I do not provide support over PM! For CM9 questions, use my CM9 thread. For other questions - use the corresponding thread.

SeaFargo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default unespected termination of android.process.acore

Thank you, Auris 1.6 vvt-i.

I am already used to do so each time just before I execute a zip rom file.

Seems is not a problem of davlik, or cache. Seems to be a problem that occur every time I run a MIUI downgrade.

Every app I run, and also during the bootup sequence, many many unespected termination of android.process.acore occur.

Maybe have I to manually replace some file on the downgraded rom with some on the latest rom?
Raf.

Tags
downgrade, downgrade miui, led bug, miui bug, miui led