Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 51,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Calls only work in one direction

Tip us?

AidanBell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Calls only work in one direction

My Streak has developed a serious problem; 90% of the time when I make a call I cannot be heard by the recipient. When I receive calls all is well; communication works in both directions. But whenever I instigate the call I can hear the second party clearly, but they cannot hear me. Is this a known problem, can anyone suggest any possible causes?
Many thanks.

Chirunavvutho
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have the exact same problem sometimes. Thinking of going back to 360.

Sent via XDA Premium on Dell Streak
Cingular 8525 -> Motorola Q 9h -> ???

AidanBell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
360? What's that?

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
360 is the version number of one of the stock ROMs available for the Streak and is the last official ROM Dell produced for unlocked Dell Streak units.

As for your problem, we need a few details such as what ROM you're running so we can attempt to troubleshoot a bit.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream

AidanBell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ah yeah, of course. Thanks. My Streak is not rooted. It's an O2 phone in the UK, running Android 2.2.2 (OEM version GAUSB1A135100).

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
I'm going to recommend a factory reset. But, while you're at it, you might want to think about upgrading to 360 if you don't want to try one of the Gingerbread custom ROMs.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream

AidanBell
Old
(Last edited by AidanBell; 30th March 2012 at 09:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks Strephon for the advice. I think I'll probably take that route.

AidanBell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Anyone who followed this thread may be interested to know that I've discovered the cause of my one-way-calls-only problem. I have the app "Sanity" installed which I use for recording phone calls. Despite popular belief to the contrary, it records calls very well and both parties can be easily heard. However, when I disabled the call record function of the programme my one-way calls problem stopped immediately.

serenith
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanBell View Post
Anyone who followed this thread may be interested to know that I've discovered the cause of my one-way-calls-only problem. I have the app "Sanity" installed which I use for recording phone calls. Despite popular belief to the contrary, it records calls very well and both parties can be easily heard. However, when I disabled the call record function of the programme my one-way calls problem stopped immediately.
+1

Same problem, different app (Auto voice recorder I think). Uninstalling solved my problem, thanks !