Tip us?

AntonX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazcalito View Post
Can you stick a 1.5 ghz in the overclock just for the hell of it and maybe some intermediate levels like 1150 1250 etc or something like that?
1.5 Ghz - NO! I thinks even 1.4 is a little too much. It's probably OK for short bursts but if constantly run at that speed somebody may fry the CPU. The phone is freakishly fast even at 1.3, why more?

50 Mhz steps will not make much difference. I thought about adding 1.1 Ghz so governors will use this one first instead of jumping to higher frequencies. Should I do it?
The Following User Says Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turtlepa
Old
(Last edited by turtlepa; 5th May 2012 at 11:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by eollie View Post
The kernel is already undervolted so lowering the undervolt setting even more is too much for your specific phone. Each phone is slightly different and can handle setting differently.
I slightly disagree. I think my phone may be a bit more flexible with uv oc etc, but not enough where i couldnt safely lower even more. i want to switch back to tegrak and use dsextons original values from his post with his build.prop. They are hundreds of mAh lower. I usually add 25 onto all of his values (not the kernel defaults) since they are so low, but then my phone is on for 2 days minimum w/o recharge. the set values in this kernel he made them UV yes, but the values are not enough to cause any instability voltage wise whatsoever. Just what i have tried. For 1ghz my phone uses 1100 mah or something. Its 1300mAh i think in kernel, 25mAh is not so insane a drop.

Hrm i didnt read dao comment completely right. I cant believe u have reboots at 25 more under. Search for dexstons values and use tegrak to put them in (paid). then add 50 to each value, worth a shot. Actually ill test it out for u as i wasnt on this kernel when i uv i was on rc3 by bryan. Ill report back
Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

eollie
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlepa View Post
Hrm i didnt read dao comment completely right. I cant believe u have reboots at 25 more under. Search for dexstons values and use tegrak to put them in (paid). then add 50 to each value, worth a shot. Actually ill test it out for u as i wasnt on this kernel when i uv i was on rc3 by bryan. Ill report back
Please read AntonX's instructions on how to properly use Tegrak on this kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=4

He is recommending setcpu or voltage control. If you try to OC/UV this the way you would the kernels without native oc/uv turned on you will have issues TRUST ME. I flashed the kernel with oc/uv natively turned on and didnt realize it and did the typical oc/uv settings and had all kinds of issues.

nativesmiley
Old
Thanks Meter 24
whats the best settings for SCOM Rom with SetCPU?

eollie
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativesmiley View Post
whats the best settings for SCOM Rom with SetCPU?
There isnt best settings for any rom. Trial and error is your best bet. Check AntonX's thread he has some values posted.

xaocon
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlepa View Post
I slightly disagree. I think my phone may be a bit more flexible with uv oc etc, but not enough where i couldnt safely lower even more. i want to switch back to tegrak and use dsextons original values from his post with his build.prop. They are hundreds of mAh lower. I usually add 25 onto all of his values (not the kernel defaults) since they are so low, but then my phone is on for 2 days minimum w/o recharge. the set values in this kernel he made them UV yes, but the values are not enough to cause any instability voltage wise whatsoever. Just what i have tried. For 1ghz my phone uses 1100 mah or something. Its 1300mAh i think in kernel, 25mAh is not so insane a drop.

agreed. most of my speeds are -75 to -100 mAh below stock. runs great. i may be able to go farther but I haven't tried.

nazcalito
Old
(Last edited by nazcalito; 7th May 2012 at 06:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
re: NO 1500 -- My phone is not.presently stable at 1500 but I figure that some 4g phones got a better batch of CPU s and might be. Even so, Antonx's cautiousness paid off with this kernel as it's very stable.

itzik2sh
Old
(Last edited by itzik2sh; 6th May 2012 at 12:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 735
Hi AntonX

Video recording audio distortion is supposedly related to some audioautogain that is implemented in the kernel (see thread from SGS i9000) :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=896826

Can you look into it or maybe contact Supercurio on this ?
On my opinion this is a crucial issue for our device.

Thanks !!!

P.S - I posted this on the Q&A forum : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36&postcount=9
but I think it is important enough to raise the flag high and above. Is there something I can do to help analyze this ?
SGS4G ROMs:
HebMIUI | HebSlim | HebBareBone | HebValhalla | CM10 NLS |
SGS4G Guides:
Battery life 4 ICS | Create localized ROM | GB RTL Support | Hebrew Voice Recognition

If I helped, press this button.

turtlepa
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by eollie View Post
Please read AntonX's instructions on how to properly use Tegrak on this kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=4

He is recommending setcpu or voltage control. If you try to OC/UV this the way you would the kernels without native oc/uv turned on you will have issues TRUST ME. I flashed the kernel with oc/uv natively turned on and didnt realize it and did the typical oc/uv settings and had all kinds of issues.
I was just explaining on how i was getting great battery with tegrak hence why i switched amd disagreed that yhis kernels values arent that low

AntonX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
itzik2sh ,

The Recording Presets in Voodoo actually work, but to the limit. If you set it to Loud Environment, the recorded level drops quite a bit. Unfortunately it doesn't make the sound much better. I guess that's the best Supercuirio could do, and I see that he did try to adjust the gains. If the microphone itself is distorting there's nothing can be done.

I haven't changed anything that would affect memory, except added some stuff to the kernel (governors, swap support). The additions were not that big, maybe about 10KB. You didn't use any different lowmemorykiller settings in init.d or anything like that? What memory are you checking, Andorid? It can be misleading, Android tries to stuff as much as it needs into memory. Check /proc/meminfo, MemTotal, that's how much memory is left to the system. Mine reads 330916 kB.

The Following User Says Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]