mrg666
Old
Thanks Meter 3549

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz101 View Post
Touche

I step away from the mic to breathe through my nose
A very helpful thread is below on the schedulers and governors. I have added the sio scheduler and will include in the next build.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tvall
Old
Thanks Meter 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
A very helpful thread is below on the schedulers and governors. I have added the sio scheduler and will include in the next build.
I like sio.

If you add the bfs CPU scheduler then you would basically have my kernel...
my work
optimus v:
iho magpie

dream/sapphire:
DREAMTeam Froyo, United ICS, and tvall's cm7

misc:
the first chromecast system image without bootloader updates or auto updating - obsolete

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept bitcoins and electronics
BTC - 1titsVyrUw8pGEDF6Jqdh56cZjBRYAQjQ

mrg666
Old
Thanks Meter 3549

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvall View Post
I like sio.

If you add the bfs CPU scheduler then you would basically have my kernel...
Yeah but I need to make sure sio is working okay as the default scheduler first.

jawz101
Old
(Last edited by jawz101; 6th May 2012 at 05:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
bitchin'. This type of analysis makes me appreciate how cell phone development is a great testbed for operating system theory. What is tested on low end computing devices improves the scaling to high-end computing platforms.
This is an exciting time for computing development.
I only hope the natural progression would be some intelligence that includes many popular governor & scheduler options and the OS picks which works best according to usage patterns.

hfl12
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Jerry, I got random freezes and forced to pull out the battery after this update. No oc.
The Following User Says Thank You to hfl12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JerryScript
Old
Thanks Meter 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolawliet View Post
Jerry, I'm sorry to bother you. I'm not usually one to complain, especially about BACKside, but after installing the green CWM and the latest version not only is my lockscreen completely borked but now I can't access recovery at all. The md5 checksum matched, I installed both on a friend's OV yesterday without a problem. By the way, her phone is the newer generation with the new screen, mines is the old generation. It doesn't boot into recovery anymore. Please help

Edit; Home key isn't working either

Edit: Never mind, I fixed the recovery and installed a different rom. Any idea what might've caused that?

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk
Sounds like a bad flash, these things do happen, though rarely.
<> JerryScript.Vmobi.us/Victorious for the Galaxy Victory Virgin Mobile <>

leolawliet
Old
Thanks Meter 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
Sounds like a bad flash, these things do happen, though rarely.
Thank you for getting back to me on that. I was able to fix everything on my own. If it helps, I'll let you know what I used to flash it. I had helped my friend install the multirom recovery on her new gen OV, and flashed the same BACKside update on hers without an issue at all using that recovery. I used drew's touch recovery, which never gave me any issues before, to flash the same BACKside on my device, which is the older gen OV. After I flashed BACKside, the first thing I noticed was no lockscreen, and the home key didn't work at all. I also got a bunch of FCs, but it did boot, and the fact that it booted saved my phone from becoming a brick. The next thing I noticed was that I was unable to access my recovery. I then proceeded to flashing the green cwm recovery, that didn't show up either. I reflashed multirom cwm and I was able to get into recovery again. I tried a full wipe a few times and then restored my last backup before flashing anything else, it wouldn't bootup at all. Then I tried restoring a few of my other backups, neither one booted up either way. So I was able to still start from a clean slate, I flashed tvail's rom which I was using before and it booted up just fine. I then flashed drew's touch recovery and tried once more to restore my last backup, and this time it worked.

If any of that info is useful, then I'm glad I could help. By the way, I used Flash Image GUI to flash the recoveries when my phone was borked. It worked flawlessly every time.

b.roid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
Yes, but not until after I upgrade my system next weekend.
ill be waiting for your new rom
The Following User Says Thank You to b.roid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikesting
Old
(Last edited by mikesting; 9th May 2012 at 11:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
nice

unloop
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Jerry, question,

I just switched back to your ROM after using BobZhome for a while now. I followed your instructions to flash yours coming from a different ROM. I have now gotten 4-5 screen freezes over the last 3 days, once after my phone rang, other times just switching between apps. Is it possible that it was a bad flash (I started from scratch and reinstalled everything). Anyone else having this issue?