Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM]WM6.5 fxdjROM2.0 UPDATE6 Build 21840 Free RAM 140MB Battery driver

OP fxdjacentyfxd

21st April 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #531  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMurdock

The short-sighted idiotic phone manufacturers think owners should be satisfied with 16 or 32 GB of non-expandable internal memory.

He he. Maybe it is the method ? You want more memory, buy new model. You again want more memory, buy new model . And so on ))


Regards
Jacek
21st April 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #532  
Senior Member
Flag Thailand
Thanks Meter: 6
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd

He he. Maybe it is the method ? You want more memory, buy new model. You again want more memory, buy new model . And so on ))


Regards
Jacek

Sad but true!!!!
21st April 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #533  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 3
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd

Hi.
Hmm, You say that problem appeares on stock roms too so I do not know what to advice. I use my rom ( version update6 134MB ) over half year and nothing wrong happens. Yes, there are ( in my case were and are fixed ) problems with SD card service on tg01 ( maybe it is only for original Toshiba 8GB SD card I use ? ) but they are well known even with stock rom. However it is not phone freeze but system hang up when You have any certain shortcuts on desktop that reffers to certain application on sd card and You press on it. What is interesting not all SD card applications are sensitive on it but there is a general cure for it to ensure none application on sd card hangs system. I utilized it and my tg01 works perfect since then.
Maybe freeze problem is concerned with any additional application that people install on tg01 ?
fxdjacentyfxd

What I mean with "stock" roms, was clean install, only synchronized with contacts.
No other software ; roms that I try in the past (Feroponts, Mirolg.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd

...
Maybe You have some application installed on sd card that is working when You put tg01 in sleep mode and that is why it can freeze tg01 after return to operational mode ? It would be good if You test any other SD card
....
It would be good if any other people having the same problem, share their experiences.

Thanks fxdjacentyfxd, I will try today with another SD card, put I want to make clear that your Rom is NOT the problem!!!
25th April 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #534  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMurdock

Great! I know it will help but please let me know what differences you notice.

Hi Jim.
I am after short test of my new 8GB SDHC card class 10.
What I can say is that I did no notice any difference as far as read operations re concerned or they were very subtle.
However, there was meaningful difference in write speed.
I check time operations during two processes :

1) Opera 10 installation on SD card. It is relatively big .cab installation with a lot of small files. On original SD card, installation time was about 136s. With new card only 30s ! .
2) Copying a lot of relatively big files ( 200KB-400KB) from internal flash to SD card.
Here difference was not so big but evident.
On original SD card it took about 109 s. On new SD card about 84 s.

Cheers
Jacek
25th April 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #535  
Senior Member
Flag Thailand
Thanks Meter: 6
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd

Hi Jim.
I am after short test of my new 8GB SDHC card class 10.
What I can say is that I did no notice any difference as far as read operations re concerned or they were very subtle.
However, there was meaningful difference in write speed.
I check time operations during two processes :

1) Opera 10 installation on SD card. It is relatively big .cab installation with a lot of small files. On original SD card, installation time was about 136s. With new card only 30s ! .
2) Copying a lot of relatively big files ( 200KB-400KB) from internal flash to SD card.
Here difference was not so big but evident.
On original SD card it took about 109 s. On new SD card about 84 s.

Cheers
Jacek

Hi Jacek,

Yeah, the write speed is usually much slower than read speeds. Glad you're seeing a good improvement in installing apps. Thanks for the info!!!

Regards!

Jim

OOPS... almost forgot! Since you're a battery wizard I have a question for you. My laptop power adapter died and miraculously killed my 9-cell laptop battery (voltage spike maybe?) which is made up of 3 columns x 3 rows of 3.7v 18650 style Li-ion batteries wired in series and parallel providing 11.1 volts and of course the 3 columns provide triple capacity. I carefully cut apart and split the plastic battery housing and checked the voltage of each cell expecting them to be completely discharged. In fact, the top row of 3 cells measured ~3.7 volts. The bottom row also measured the same, however the middle row measured a negative approximately 4.1v-4.2v! Is it possible for Li-ion batteries to reverse polarity? I'm not sure if the still-intact wiring harness is causing my measurement of the center row of cells to be wrong. The best I can tell is that the total voltage output from the array is around only 2 volts, not 11.1v. This unit has a built in voltage checker with 5 green LED lights indicating the state of charge. None light up and the battery will not charge at all with the new power adapter installed. The laptop is working fine with the new adapter. I confess I am really confused. Any ideas?
Last edited by CrashMurdock; 25th April 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: OOPS... forgot
6th May 2012, 10:53 AM   |  #536  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Hi Jim.
I guess "privte message" You mentioned about in other thread is just here not in my inbox . Hmm , I have never been dealing with laptop batteries but let's think. Are You sure You measure voltage on "naked" cells ? Such complicated connection ( 3x3 ) requires so called "load balancers". It is some electronics that controls each cell separately and manage charge current so that all cells were charged more less equal. Maybe what You measured it is not on cells ( never met battery with reverted polarisation ) but on ballancer and that is why it seems to have idiotic values. On the other hand balancer does not work when is has no power supply. Simply , balancer is damaged and probably it damaged Your cell(s).
I will try to ask my colleague who seems to have had more contact with laptop battery.

Regards
Jacek
Last edited by fxdjacentyfxd; 6th May 2012 at 12:23 PM.
6th May 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #537  
Senior Member
Flag Thailand
Thanks Meter: 6
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd

Hi Jim.
I guess "privte message" You mentioned about in other thread is just here not in my inbox

Yes, I had sent this as a private message since I thought you didn't see it in this thread/post. Since you didn't receive it I just sent it again as a private message so please disregard it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdjacentyfxd

Hmm , I have never been dealing with laptop batteries but let's think. Are You sure You measure voltage on "naked" cells ? Such complicated connection ( 3x3 ) requires so called "load balancers". It is some electronics that controls each cell separately and manage charge current so that all cells were charged more less equal. Maybe what You measured it is not on cells ( never met battery with reverted polarisation ) but on ballancer and that is why it seems to have idiotic values. On the other hand balancer does not work when is has no power supply. Simply , balancer is damaged and probably it damaged Your cell(s).

Yes, the cells and wiring harness are still intact and still connected to the battery pack circuit board. I had carefully cut away the back of the battery pack's plastic housing to allow access to the individual cells. I have no idea what happened to the battery pack when the laptop's power adapter suddenly died. When I checked the voltage of the top row of 3 cells and the bottom row of 3 cells I was expecting them to be discharged, but in fact they were indicating between 3.6v-3.7v. The middle row of 3 cells indicated negative ~4v which was shocking. Maybe the fraudulent reading was because the cells are still wired to the harness like you also mentioned.

I just checked the voltage on the individual cells since the battery pack has been sitting around for a couple of weeks and they are all dangerously low now, around 2.5v. Checking the total output of the battery pack now yields 1.5v, which is perplexing, to say the least. I just put the battery pack back in the laptop and the charge light comes on for 2 or 3 minutes then goes out. Going into the BIOS there is a visual display of the charge state of the whole battery pack and while it indicates it is charging, the charge state is 0% and does not change.

To try to save some of these cells looks like I'm going to have to cut them all out of the wiring harness. Anyway, with the low voltages it appears to be a lost cause.

Thanks!

Jim
6th May 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #538  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Hi Jim.
Yes, I think that all cells with voltage below 2.75V You can throw away ( of course these with negative voltage too ).

Regards
Jacek

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
but i can't activesync, good rom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes