Post Reply

Whats the best ROM if I just want to use the Inc as a car MP3 player? (no radio)

OP mbarry55

5th May 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
mbarry55's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Altoona, PA
Thanks Meter: 58
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
So I have my old DInc laying around, and I think I'm going to use it just as an mp3 player in my car via aux, and I was wondering what ROM you would recommend for that purpose?

I haven't been in the DInc scene in a long time so I don't know where to start. Battery life would be priority but with no radio use and a car charger don't even know if thats an issue.

What do you think?
5th May 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #2  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923
 
3,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarry55

So I have my old DInc laying around, and I think I'm going to use it just as an mp3 player in my car via aux, and I was wondering what ROM you would recommend for that purpose?

I haven't been in the DInc scene in a long time so I don't know where to start. Battery life would be priority but with no radio use and a car charger don't even know if thats an issue.

What do you think?

Really any rom will do, but senseless roms are probably going to give you the best battery life. Really you could take any rom and just start stripping it down, deleting everything it will let you without messing things up, leaving only the bare essentials.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #3  
Shano56's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Really any rom will do, but senseless roms are probably going to give you the best battery life. Really you could take any rom and just start stripping it down, deleting everything it will let you without messing things up, leaving only the bare essentials.

Yeah probably cm9 and use titanium to freeze things one at a time. Cm9 Is mostly aosp

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Shano56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #4  
mbarry55's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Altoona, PA
Thanks Meter: 58
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Does beats audio factor in at all on the dinc? Def sounds good onmy rezound.

Sent from my BNRV200 using XDA
5th May 2012, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923
 
3,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarry55

Does beats audio factor in at all on the dinc? Def sounds good onmy rezound.

Sent from my BNRV200 using XDA

Not sure, i think a few roms had it half way working, but still not the real deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 05:47 AM   |  #6  
demarcmj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 115
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Yea an aosp-based ROM would probably be best in terms of battery, but if you're in your car, you probably have easy access to a charger so I wouldn't worry about the ROM too much.

Just install any ROM and use this script to kill all of the battery-sucking radios.
The Following User Says Thank You to demarcmj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #7  
Shano56's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
isnt beats audio just an equalizer? your stereo should have one of those xD
The Following User Says Thank You to Shano56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 11:42 AM   |  #8  
mbarry55's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Altoona, PA
Thanks Meter: 58
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano56

isnt beats audio just an equalizer? your stereo should have one of those xD

Factory stereo. Doesn't have any fancy eq features, but does have aux-in

I know the Inc didn't have Beats but I thought I did read it was ported over to some devices. I can definitely hear a difference with it on and off using my rezound, like i said. Just wondering though. I'll load up CM9 I guess soon as my microSD gets here.

Thanks for the tips guys!
5th May 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #9  
jimbub's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Medina
Thanks Meter: 50
 
529 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarry55

Does beats audio factor in at all on the dinc? Def sounds good onmy rezound.

Sent from my BNRV200 using XDA

Try and flash this for beats https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1g...09NUG5NbG4xREU

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium
6th May 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #10  
mbarry55's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Altoona, PA
Thanks Meter: 58
 
316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbub

Try and flash this for beats https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1g...09NUG5NbG4xREU

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

so I'd flash this over CM7? Is that right?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes