Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bypassing Android's Lock Verification

Tip us?
 
j0rd4nkzf
Old
#1  
j0rd4nkzf's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 54
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Bypassing Android's Lock Verification

Hey guys,

Yesterday when I fiddling with my Wonder, I found a way how to bypass Android's lock verification system. Unfortunately, I was sleepy and I only can remember some parts of it. Notice how I use the word 'verification' and not 'screen' as this does NOT disable the screen. The screen will still appear however it will accept any pattern. This 'hack' is persistent and does not reset after a reboot, when I attempt to change the locking method, Android does not ask for a pin or pattern. This might work with other phones but I have not confirmed that. To perform this, switch of your phone and power it on again normally. Right after the boot animation, the soft keys will light up. Immediately, press and hold the menu key. When the lock screen appears, quickly let go of it and press and hold it again for another few seconds. Notice how the status bar dims, if that happens you have performed the bypass successfully. Android should now accept any pattern whatsoever. I have not been successful in recreating this 'accident'. Let me know if this works for you. And if your an experienced user and know what is causing this to happen, please enlighten me.

TouchPal'd from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
 
yewsiong
Old
#2  
yewsiong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 520
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Johor
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0rd4nkzf View Post
Hey guys,

Yesterday when I fiddling with my Wonder, I found a way how to bypass Android's lock verification system. Unfortunately, I was sleepy and I only can remember some parts of it. Notice how I use the word 'verification' and not 'screen' as this does NOT disable the screen. The screen will still appear however it will accept any pattern. This 'hack' is persistent and does not reset after a reboot, when I attempt to change the locking method, Android does not ask for a pin or pattern. This might work with other phones but I have not confirmed that. To perform this, switch of your phone and power it on again normally. Right after the boot animation, the soft keys will light up. Immediately, press and hold the menu key. When the lock screen appears, quickly let go of it and press and hold it again for another few seconds. Notice how the status bar dims, if that happens you have performed the bypass successfully. Android should now accept any pattern whatsoever. I have not been successful in recreating this 'accident'. Let me know if this works for you. And if your an experienced user and know what is causing this to happen, please enlighten me.

TouchPal'd from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
It doesn't work.
 
j0rd4nkzf
Old
#3  
j0rd4nkzf's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 54
Join Date: Mar 2012
Because I'm missing something. As I said, I only remember parts of it.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
 
AsmirGT
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 81
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mülheim an der Ruhr
What is Android's lock verification system?
Lockscreen?? or whar?
make this better performance on our phones?
Thanks
 
yewsiong
Old
#5  
yewsiong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 520
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Johor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmirGT View Post
What is Android's lock verification system?
Lockscreen?? or whar?
make this better performance on our phones?
Thanks
It refers to the screen lock system. Not improving performance but "bypassing" the lock.
The Following User Says Thank You to yewsiong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AsmirGT
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 81
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mülheim an der Ruhr
thank you but if this is important?
 
willypt
Old
#7  
willypt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 173
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmirGT View Post
thank you but if this is important?
Don't see any point doing this except you totally forgot your Android Lock combination and gracefully (read: stupidly) forgot your Google Account + password
 
yewsiong
Old
#8  
yewsiong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 520
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Johor
Quote:
Originally Posted by willypt View Post
Don't see any point doing this except you totally forgot your Android Lock combination and gracefully (read: stupidly) forgot your Google Account + password
Yup, this is something extra for us to know. BUT no harm to learn this.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more