Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bypassing Android's Lock Verification

Tip us?

j0rd4nkzf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Bypassing Android's Lock Verification

Hey guys,

Yesterday when I fiddling with my Wonder, I found a way how to bypass Android's lock verification system. Unfortunately, I was sleepy and I only can remember some parts of it. Notice how I use the word 'verification' and not 'screen' as this does NOT disable the screen. The screen will still appear however it will accept any pattern. This 'hack' is persistent and does not reset after a reboot, when I attempt to change the locking method, Android does not ask for a pin or pattern. This might work with other phones but I have not confirmed that. To perform this, switch of your phone and power it on again normally. Right after the boot animation, the soft keys will light up. Immediately, press and hold the menu key. When the lock screen appears, quickly let go of it and press and hold it again for another few seconds. Notice how the status bar dims, if that happens you have performed the bypass successfully. Android should now accept any pattern whatsoever. I have not been successful in recreating this 'accident'. Let me know if this works for you. And if your an experienced user and know what is causing this to happen, please enlighten me.

TouchPal'd from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

yewsiong
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0rd4nkzf View Post
Hey guys,

Yesterday when I fiddling with my Wonder, I found a way how to bypass Android's lock verification system. Unfortunately, I was sleepy and I only can remember some parts of it. Notice how I use the word 'verification' and not 'screen' as this does NOT disable the screen. The screen will still appear however it will accept any pattern. This 'hack' is persistent and does not reset after a reboot, when I attempt to change the locking method, Android does not ask for a pin or pattern. This might work with other phones but I have not confirmed that. To perform this, switch of your phone and power it on again normally. Right after the boot animation, the soft keys will light up. Immediately, press and hold the menu key. When the lock screen appears, quickly let go of it and press and hold it again for another few seconds. Notice how the status bar dims, if that happens you have performed the bypass successfully. Android should now accept any pattern whatsoever. I have not been successful in recreating this 'accident'. Let me know if this works for you. And if your an experienced user and know what is causing this to happen, please enlighten me.

TouchPal'd from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
It doesn't work.

j0rd4nkzf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Because I'm missing something. As I said, I only remember parts of it.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

AsmirGT
Old
Thanks Meter 15
What is Android's lock verification system?
Lockscreen?? or whar?
make this better performance on our phones?
Thanks

yewsiong
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmirGT View Post
What is Android's lock verification system?
Lockscreen?? or whar?
make this better performance on our phones?
Thanks
It refers to the screen lock system. Not improving performance but "bypassing" the lock.
The Following User Says Thank You to yewsiong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AsmirGT
Old
Thanks Meter 15
thank you but if this is important?

willypt
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmirGT View Post
thank you but if this is important?
Don't see any point doing this except you totally forgot your Android Lock combination and gracefully (read: stupidly) forgot your Google Account + password

yewsiong
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by willypt View Post
Don't see any point doing this except you totally forgot your Android Lock combination and gracefully (read: stupidly) forgot your Google Account + password
Yup, this is something extra for us to know. BUT no harm to learn this.