Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

okay, so I got a used fascinate...

Tip us?
 
ztotherad
Old
#1  
ztotherad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Posts: 2,358
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Default okay, so I got a used fascinate...

and it was on 2.2.1 i believe, now I'm on 2.2.2 but want to go to GB. the only problem is I didn't make a backup of the stock and can't seem to find a reliable GB update zip online. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find one?
 
bobthesalesclerk
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 242
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
You don't want to go to gingerbread man. We have some really awesome/stable ics builds and Samsung phones are super easy to flash a custom rom onto. I have aokp m5 running on my girlfriends s2 and she knows nothing about phones. She hasn't had a problem yet.

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate
 
ztotherad
Old
#3  
ztotherad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Posts: 2,358
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthesalesclerk View Post
You don't want to go to gingerbread man. We have some really awesome/stable ics builds and Samsung phones are super easy to flash a custom rom onto. I have aokp m5 running on my girlfriends s2 and she knows nothing about phones. She hasn't had a problem yet.

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate
bro, can i go to ICS straight from froyo?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
they see me trollin', they waiting...
 
Stephen.k.spear
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,909
Posts: 1,616
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Palm Beach

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztotherad View Post
bro, can i go to ICS straight from froyo?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
Yep pick your ROM follow the directions in that op.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet
 
jawman27
Old
#5  
jawman27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 124
Join Date: Jan 2012
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem to skip GB entirely. Like our fearless leader said, any of the OPs will have installation instructions. If you need more detailed instructions, droidstyle's guide is the only way to go for Fascinate users. It has working links to any file you could need.
______________________
Fascinate History: Stock, Stock Debloated with TB, SC3 w/ stock kernel, SC3 w/ Lean Kernel, SC3 w/ KGB, TSM Res w/ KGB, CM7 w/ Glitch V13.1, AOKP m4, b29, b30, Gummy 1.0, AOKP w/Glitch b32, b34, m5 DEVIOUS, b40 DEVIOUS, m6 DEVIOUS w/Devil, CM10 nightlies, BAKED JB
The Following User Says Thank You to jawman27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ztotherad
Old
#6  
ztotherad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Posts: 2,358
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawman27 View Post
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem to skip GB entirely. Like our fearless leader said, any of the OPs will have installation instructions. If you need more detailed instructions, droidstyle's guide is the only way to go for Fascinate users. It has working links to any file you could need.
i will fershur try it tomorrow and report back, hopefully i dont brick it..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
they see me trollin', they waiting...
 
neh4pres
Old
#7  
neh4pres's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 2,107
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztotherad View Post
i will fershur try it tomorrow and report back, hopefully i dont brick it..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
No such thing on the fascinate.. Only thing that will truly brick it is
1 flashing ROM for another phone
2 touching the phone button in Odin


Always use PDA never phone..
And if you do something really bad to your device to get the impossible brick there's an unbrickable mod

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to neh4pres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sageDieu
Old
#8  
sageDieu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 2,114
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Weaverville, NC
back in my stupid days I flashed a rom for the at&t galaxy s i9000. Odin fixed it. these phones are awesome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2


Samsung Galaxy S4

Google Nexus 7 2013
 
ztotherad
Old
#9  
ztotherad's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 523
Posts: 2,358
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by neh4pres View Post
No such thing on the fascinate.. Only thing that will truly brick it is
1 flashing ROM for another phone
2 touching the phone button in Odin


Always use PDA never phone..
And if you do something really bad to your device to get the impossible brick there's an unbrickable mod

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
you guys are super helpful, ty
and sorry for all the questions, im coming from a droid x2 from motorola, no unlocked bootloader, few ROMS but the coolest people ever! im glad i have this fassy because im thinking im sticking w samsung for a while now





Quote:
Originally Posted by sageDieu View Post
back in my stupid days I flashed a rom for the at&t galaxy s i9000. Odin fixed it. these phones are awesome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2


Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
they see me trollin', they waiting...
 
sageDieu
Old
#10  
sageDieu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 2,114
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Weaverville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztotherad View Post
you guys are super helpful, ty
and sorry for all the questions, im coming from a droid x2 from motorola, no unlocked bootloader, few ROMS but the coolest people ever! im glad i have this fassy because im thinking im sticking w samsung for a while now









Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
you remember encounterics x on the Droid x?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2


Samsung Galaxy S4

Google Nexus 7 2013

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes