[ROM] [CM9 Nightlies] [July/11/2012] Full HWA - Quarx supporting!

Search This thread

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
sometimes when i open camera, it will say it can't connect and won't show a preview. I have to wipe dalvik, reboot, and it will go back to normal. and then show the error after sometime again.

I dont even reboot, I just try opening it 3 or 4 times and then works!

I hope we get someday HWA without changing the kernel or bypassing bootloader.

I know devs will get it, the question is: WHEN?

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
I found on quarx page a file fixed_bravo_sbf.sbf what would be that for?

Maybe he is working with bypass our bootloader. :eek: I hope so.:eek:

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I found on quarx page a file fixed_bravo_sbf.sbf what would be that for?

Maybe he is working with bypass our bootloader. :eek: I hope so.:eek:

Just has bravo kernel and bootloader. For when you accidentally flash a Defy rom and forget to remove the devtree and bootloader.

He is working on bypassing the bootloader, the problem is when you reinitialize a new kernel it restarts the ti wrigley 3g radio which then restarts the phone from the stock bootloader and kernel. Bootloader will be "bypassed" once they find a way to initialize a new kernel without restarting the radio.

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Just has bravo kernel and bootloader. For when you accidentally flash a Defy rom and forget to remove the devtree and bootloader.

He is working on bypassing the bootloader, the problem is when you reinitialize a new kernel it restarts the ti wrigley 3g radio which then restarts the phone from the stock bootloader and kernel. Bootloader will be "bypassed" once they find a way to initialize a new kernel without restarting the radio.

I would like to see here or somewhere else, we did it, we finally got it.

I remember when we got camera working, I was so happy :D

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I would like to see here or somewhere else, we did it, we finally got it.

I remember when we got camera working, I was so happy :D

Me too. I'm just worried that we won't. Apparently the kexec dev has an MS2 (has the same radio) and didn't port the Atrix kexec over because of that. Its only been a few weeks since I first saw kexec appear on git-hub, so I'm still hoping Quarx can do some magic.

I wouldn't mind if they could make it work without the radio. Phone really isn't a phone then....but it would be better than nothing and a start. Besides, that's what multiboot is for:D

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Me too. I'm just worried that we won't. Apparently the kexec dev has an MS2 (has the same radio) and didn't port the Atrix kexec over because of that. Its only been a few weeks since I first saw kexec appear on git-hub, so I'm still hoping Quarx can do some magic.

I wouldn't mind if they could make it work without the radio. Phone really isn't a phone then....but it would be better than nothing and a start. Besides, that's what multiboot is for:D

I was thinking the same thing about having a rom fully working without the radio, but I'd like we get everything working.

ICS would be really a chalenge, I dont mind if this is the last rom we get (fully working of course).

I just hope some day in the near future, Google unlock all motorola bootloaders!

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I figured I'd post my CM9 camrea bug. Sometimes it just won't deactivate. Only solution is to reboot. My phone got really hot to the touch and drained a full charge in 2 hrs down to 15%. Luckily the low battery warning came on or I wouldn't have noticed it; I'm wearing thick pants today. Didn't check the temperature, but the phone was as hot as its ever been.

I was on multiboot when this happened, not sure if it's a problem on nand or not since I have MS2 on nand currently. I'll be working on MS2's bootmenu and cpu settings throughout the day today; with luck, I'll have something up in the next 12 hours. I want to shift my efforts to something I can actually fix instead of guessing at the camera and tethering. I should probably post this in the MS2 thread, but there's not many of us Bravoers, and we seem to check all the updated posts.

syllogyking

Sep 13, 2011
here. there. everywhere.
camera disconnect bug is present a lot in this build :(

also, my phone frequently hot reboots for no reason, doesn't matter whether it's in use or idle.

the 4/17 build doesn't seem very stable for me...hopefully quarx comes through again like he always does.

thepatman

Jun 14, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Slick...

Just got the 4/17 nightly installed finally. I have to say, I'm impressed with both the speed and the number of options that are available. I don't have a spare SIM to put into it, and I don't need one, but I'm tempted to put my regular SIM in for a day or to to see how it stands up as a DD...

corvx

Feb 3, 2012
Huawei P10 Lite
Xiaomi Mi A3
Tested on primary only
Device settings (Advanced) has been added.
Flash is working (at least YouTube, vimeo, etc)
No more random launcher restarts =]
For me Bluetooth is now working :)

Camera is still getting disconnected occasionally
Chrome is working better than before, but still not usable (blank pages), although I know is a known issue.

Overall I find it more usable, will keep updating as the days passby.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: josuearisty

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Tested on primary only
Device settings (Advanced) has been added.
Flash is working (at least YouTube, vimeo, etc)
No more random launcher restarts =]
For me Bluetooth is now working :)

Camera is still getting disconnected occasionally
Chrome is working better than before, but still not usable (blank pages), although I know is a known issue.

Overall I find it more usable, will keep updating as the days passby.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for posting changes!

I will try it now!

Parcae

Apr 8, 2012
A couple of questions for those who have installed the latest nightly build: Is it stable enough to use as a daily driver? How does the battery life compare with CM7?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
A couple of questions for those who have installed the latest nightly build: Is it stable enough to use as a daily driver? How does the battery life compare with CM7?

Seems pretty damn stable. Haven't tried camera yet, but I don't normally use the camera or care if it works... No fc's with anything yet, no random reboots, and I'm using Beats Audio, Bravia Engine, BOOSTEDassV2 cpu governor, Kickass Kernelizer, 3g Turbocharger, and Miui Home. Runs really smooth. And I'm overclocked\undervolted.

The only real glitch I've noticed is that changing audio tracks with the Long Press Volume Rocker while the screen is off defaults to the "stock" Music.apk unless you uninstall it, then Long Press will work with 3rd Party apps. It was also a glitch in the previous versions as well.

I have a zip (full rom) made if anyone's interested. It also contains the other DroidX cpu governors as well, but you have to use No Frills or CM9 Cpu Settings with apply on boot to use them since the don't show in the bootmenu.

flash to player this working for my since I cause that it works I do not have you complete updates of Quarx helps....
:(
my friend josuearisty

I watched some videos on youtube just now, some were a little choppy at times, but worked overall. Try posting in Spanish, your English isn't the best, no offense. I imagine flash will get better with hwa or time.

In kexec news, I was reading either a DroidX or MS2 post at rootzwiki, and they can load a custom kernel without the radio, but they're looking into initializing a new kernel with the radio. If you prey, prey that they succeed.

Reactions: Parcae

Parcae

Apr 8, 2012
Thanks so much for the prompt response. Yes, it would be nice to have your settings, since I'm a noob to overclocking/undervolting. How's the battery life so far? Or do you need more time to tell?

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
flash to player this working for my since I cause that it works I do not have you complete updates of Quarx helps....
:(

my friend josuearisty

I dont get your point, please send me a private message! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

Flash Player seems to be not working! :(

By the way the rom is working really fast now and more stable!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spanish:
Flash player parece no estar trabajando, no funciona en ninguna pagina :(!

Por otro lado la rom parece trabajar mas rapida y estable!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news for bravo users:)
    HWUI now works fully, without any hacks.
    Thanks for modules to nadlabak :)
    I will upload build soon
    New build: "Preferred Network selection" and "Crystal Talk" + some small fixes.
    New Build has a selective hwa (thanks nadlabak for this feature) :)
    Opera should work now:)
    also added hw black/white lists in build.prop.
    # limit the usage of hw renderer to the listed processes only (0 - any)
    hwui.whitelist=com.android.browser
    # disable the usage of hw renderer for the listed processes
    # (unused if whitelist is different from 0)
    hwui.blacklist=
    By default hwa allowed for Android Browser and permanent disabled for launchers and SystemUI.

Bracode scanners should work too.
    Chrome/Panorama works :)
    Full HWUI etc.
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-bravo(kobe)/CM9-NIGHTLY-120705-Bravo.zip
    Screenshot:
    http://quarx2k.ru/device-2012-07-06-041649.png

If updating from previous version, delete local.prop or /local/hwui.allow/ in data if you used HWA Selector app, to get HWA working. (if not work)
    Finally we have some real support for our lovely bravo with ICS.

CyanogenMod 9 for Motorola Bravo (Quarx)

Downloads:

Nightlies CM9 for Bravo:
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-bravo(kobe)/

Updated GAPPS!
    GApps for ICS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Installation:

The same as always :D

- After downloading the files, copy the rom and gapps to your SDCARD!
    - Go to recovery (you can use touch recovery - Thanks to Epsylon3)
    Follow this thread if you wish to use it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585927
    - Wipe everything (not the sdcard)
    - Install zip from sdcard (rom & gapps)
    - Reboot

Changes:

July 11:
    -Smoother than before
    -Defy parts working again.

July 05:
    -Finally full HARDWARE ACCELERATION! Despite locked bootloader we got it.

Thanks to the best devs!

May 12:
    Thanks to QUARX for posting changes :D
    -Preferred Network selection
    -Crystal Talk
    -Some small fixes.

May 06:
    Thanks to CORVX for posting changes :D
    -Device settings (Advanced) has been added.
    -Flash is working (at least YouTube, vimeo, etc) (Its not working for me) :(
    -No more random launcher restarts
    -Bluetooth seems to work better
    -Camera is still getting disconnected occasionally
    -Chrome is working better than before, but still not usable (blank pages), although I know is a known issue.

April 16:
    -Flash Player is working now!! :D

April 12:
    -First Release!
    -CAMERA finally WORKING!!
    -HW acceleration partially working!

Post any issues, I will try it and post issues too.

Screenshots:
    Attached Images!