5,597,313 Members 35,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DEV][CM] CyanogenMod 7.2 for lg p690 (Optimus Net / Optimus Link)

Tip us?

Jwarner83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredash View Post
You must have root and es file explorer
First of all download and put flash_image and recovery.img in sdcard/
Link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1354387
Also download terminal emulator from play store.
Using es file explorer long press on recovery.img go to properties and select show checksum . Tick md5 and select calculate. This should give you a mix of numbers and characters. Compare it to the md5 sum given in the thread it should match exactly. If not download again and try.
Open terminal emulator and type su and press enter. The $ should change into # .
Now copy paste these lines as is.
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
If you get file not found error ignore it and continue.
Ok I've done that and after entering the "reboot recovery" command my phone reboots and hangs on the LG splash screen :-\ I have the LG Optimus Net (L45C) from Net10

sacredash
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwarner83 View Post
Ok I've done that and after entering the "reboot recovery" command my phone reboots and hangs on the LG splash screen :-\ I have the LG Optimus Net (L45C) from Net10
Sorry but I guess its only meant for p690 then.

amolebirje1982
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinchez View Post
Just tested the mod from the mediafire link with my p698 phone... didnt work...

CWM says the installation failed... dnt know why but I think it has something to do with the phone model... The error display quotes multiple P690 patterns...

Am I stupid for trying(even though the model phone was properly specified) or it doesnt just work fine for my model?...

Thanks
Nope, it wont work with P698. It is a dual sim phone, right? The above rom works solely for P690
The Following User Says Thank You to amolebirje1982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cinchez
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolebirje1982 View Post
Nope, it wont work with P698. It is a dual sim phone, right? The above rom works solely for P690
Unfortunately yes... Thanks for answering my question...
Any idea when will this mod be available for p698?

abhinav quietly brilliant
Old
Thanks Meter 234
hey buddy can u give me the stock gingerbread rom.. may be i can help u fixing the bugs in cm 7.2?
Happy cm user using cm since cm 6..!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abhinav quietly brilliant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hotchapmanu
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thumbs up We need Ics

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav quietly brilliant View Post
hey buddy can u give me the stock gingerbread rom.. may be i can help u fixing the bugs in cm 7.2?
Hey man help us by developing ICS if you can...The work already started....

http://www.androidworld.it/forum/lg-...4-0-4-a-45631/

Some bugs are still there....We will be grateful to you if you dev CM9.......

Thanks in advance....Hope you do it....
The Following User Says Thank You to hotchapmanu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fidjit
Old
(Last edited by fidjit; 17th May 2012 at 02:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Just bought an Australian Telstra Prepaid Version for $49.50 ( with $10 credit ). Whacked a 8GB card in (probably go up to a 16 soon ) and rooted, clockworked, nandroided and installed this rom in under an hour.

This is going to have no phone functionality and is going to be my music player, car gps (probably using Metroview), streaming audio player and geotagger amongst other things.

All good ! Thanks for all the effort

skerry2006aj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation for jst, very important!

dude, this thing gets very unstable after 3 weeks of usage.... it crashes on my phone, 4-5 times a day... i don't have more than 4 programs apk, on the phone... seriously, i don't know why, but it crashed very often.... more than 10 times in the last 3 days....

i did all wipe data possible, and i did cleaned up my phone before installing this rom... it just got unstable... i know that i can reflash it, but i want to inform you of this bug... please resolve as fast as you can...

sacredash
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj View Post
dude, this thing gets very unstable after 3 weeks of usage.... it crashes on my phone, 4-5 times a day... i don't have more than 4 programs apk, on the phone... seriously, i don't know why, but it crashed very often.... more than 10 times in the last 3 days....

i did all wipe data possible, and i did cleaned up my phone before installing this rom... it just got unstable... i know that i can reflash it, but i want to inform you of this bug... please resolve as fast as you can...
How exactly did it crash? Freezed or black screen or ram dump or any other way?

skerry2006aj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default answ:

it freezes, and i have to do a clockwork recovery mode- reboot to repair it... it happened to me that clockwork to freeze itself, and i had to pll out the batterry...

i don;t know why, but it get very unstable...

Tags
p690 lg optimus net link cyanogenmod overclock