Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EAP-SIM on HTC Desire ?

Tip us?

Mokshu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] EAP-SIM on HTC Desire ?

Hello,

I've a question related to the "EAP-SIM" functionality, which will I think interest many French users who recently switch to "Free Mobile" provider.

In order to work, it seems that both the ROM and the Radio/RIL need adjustments. For example, EAP-SIM is available in Cyanogenmod from what I've read but not for the desire as the Desire Radio/RIL does not give access to the required SIM information.

Am I understanding correctly the whole EAP-SIM process on an Android phone ?

So I guess there's almost no chance at all to have it available on our lovely Desire as it would involve HTC to bring the Radio/RIL to the required level before having a ROM use it, right ?

Thanks to anyone that have more detailed information about it, as I'm always happy to learn new things
The Following User Says Thank You to Mokshu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

napodan
Old
(Last edited by napodan; 22nd April 2012 at 07:28 PM.) Reason: adding a signature
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokshu View Post
Hello,

I've a question related to the "EAP-SIM" functionality, which will I think interest many French users who recently switch to "Free Mobile" provider.

In order to work, it seems that both the ROM and the Radio/RIL need adjustments. For example, EAP-SIM is available in Cyanogenmod from what I've read but not for the desire as the Desire Radio/RIL does not give access to the required SIM information.

Am I understanding correctly the whole EAP-SIM process on an Android phone ?

So I guess there's almost no chance at all to have it available on our lovely Desire as it would involve HTC to bring the Radio/RIL to the required level before having a ROM use it, right ?

Thanks to anyone that have more detailed information about it, as I'm always happy to learn new things
Can you tell us where you find this information ? I'm trying to patch oxygen with eap-sim for my htc desire but it doesn't work.
Recovery: ClockworkMod

Neicila
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile EAP-SIM - Nightly CyanogenMod 7 ROM - HTC Desire

Hi

Is it possible to include EAP-SIM authentification in Nightly CyanogenMod 7 ROM for HTC Desire ?
This authentification is now used by FREE MOBILE operator in France and this is very usefull to switch automatically between 3G network and Free wifi secured network available on every user adsl box (freebox).

There is a webpage about EAP-SIM/AKA patch on code.google.
It seems this patch EAP-SIM patch was tested against Android 2.3.5_r1

Kind regards
Neicila

napodan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neicila View Post
Hi

Is it possible to include EAP-SIM authentification in Nightly CyanogenMod 7 ROM for HTC Desire ?
This authentification is now used by FREE MOBILE operator in France and this is very usefull to switch automatically between 3G network and Free wifi secured network available on every user adsl box (freebox).

There is a webpage about EAP-SIM/AKA patch on code.google.
It seems this patch EAP-SIM patch was tested against Android 2.3.5_r1

Kind regards
Neicila
As you can see in my signature, I built my daily rom with this patch but it doesn't work : when I choose FreeWifi_secure in my settings apk, I can choose EAP-SIM. The settings app ads this block to my wpa_supplicant.conf :

network={
ssid="FreeWifi_secure"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X
eap=SIM AKA
pcsc="UICC 00 00"
priority=3
}

But I can't connect : my settings app freezes. I don't know if the problem is settings.apk or wpa_supplicant. I'm a beginner in android world and I don't know where I can find the log...

Recovery: ClockworkMod

wiwi60
Old
(Last edited by wiwi60; 6th May 2012 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I have open a thread to regroup all eap-sim freemobile provider infos rom etc etc
EAP-SIM Freemobile French topic
Tags
android, desire, eap-sim, free, htc