Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Tip us?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaters3 View Post
i tried downloading it from google play but it said my device is not compatible.
Bummer! You can try some of the tricks to get the Market/Play working, but they're hit-or-miss.

Your best bet is to try and find the APK standalone and see if you can install it. It very well might not work on our tired old hardware...

ibm_chandan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question IS this Project still ALIVE !!??

Hello dear and respected developer and people involved in this project .
I just wanted to confirm , is this project still alive or dead and developers are only working on Gingerbread project for WinMO HTC Touch Pro 2/Rhodium ? Thanks
"The faith of each is in accordance with one's own nature."-Bhagavad Gita.
Difference between a whiner & a winner is, a Good Move.
Best Always

Chandan Indoria
Visionary Director
http://www.goodmoveconsultancy.com
Mobile: +91 8269-8249-81

rpierce99
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_chandan View Post
I just wanted to confirm , is this project still alive or dead and developers are only working on Gingerbread project for WinMO HTC Touch Pro 2/Rhodium ? Thanks
All new development is happening on kernels at this point, with the exception of folks porting other builds to our phones (cm7, cm9, ICS, etc). Xdandroid itself has very little active development on froyo or gingerbread at this point.
RHOD 300 unlocked on Tmo | GBX0B

JDog2pt0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_chandan View Post
Froyo is ceased development. Switch to Gingerbread

stardawg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Latest stable GB Build

Hopefully not annoying anyone with this question but can someone link to the latest ginger bread bundle?

humbly yours

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3483

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardawg View Post
Hopefully not annoying anyone with this question but can someone link to the latest ginger bread bundle?

humbly yours
GBX0C

nodesiremonk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default NAND vs MicroSD?

Maybe a little bit off topic...but what is the advantages of NAND over SD card? Is NAND (I/O) much faster than a class 6 microSD card?

I am just a newbie here and it seems to me that flashing a NAND ROM is much more complicated than just simply download and unzip the files to an SD card. So I wonder whether it is worthy to spend a lot of time to read through all the posts, if there is no significant performance improvement after flashing the NAND ROM.

Or, put it in another way, what's the main differences (in speed/performance) between the NAND ROMs and MicroSD ones? Thanks

CodaHighland
Old
Thanks Meter 24
NAND is a little faster for read access and quite a bit faster for booting up. Also, NAND makes USB Mass Storage work.

SD's main advantage is that it's easier to get started and doesn't carry much risk for the phone if something goes wrong.

Specifically for Rhodium XDA builds, the NAND kernel also has better battery management, but the SD kernel has support for auto backlight management.

FaluSeyi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Device not connecting to wireless hotspot

Hi,
I don't know if anyone has asked this question before, searched through the thread couldn't find any response.
I'm using Connectify to share the internet on my PC. My device doesn't see it when it's WEP or open (I guess that's because it's adhoc,) but it sees it while it's secured by WPA2. While it sees the connection, it still doesn't connect, it stops at the obtaining IP address, disconnects and starts scanning again. It's been on the cycle since. Does anyone have an idea of what is to be done. I'm on a RHOD400.
Thanks

wizardknight
Old
(Last edited by wizardknight; 23rd May 2012 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaluSeyi View Post
Hi,
I don't know if anyone has asked this question before, searched through the thread couldn't find any response.
I'm using Connectify to share the internet on my PC. My device doesn't see it when it's WEP or open (I guess that's because it's adhoc,) but it sees it while it's secured by WPA2. While it sees the connection, it still doesn't connect, it stops at the obtaining IP address, disconnects and starts scanning again. It's been on the cycle since. Does anyone have an idea of what is to be done. I'm on a RHOD400.
Thanks
FAQ first post of this thread.
http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Faq#How_do..._encryption.3F

I also suggest that you update to GBX0C.

Tags
htc touch pro2, xdandroid