Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Drive

Tip us?

Locoman_
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
Long press - uninstall

Thabks for the heads up
Did you delete your gmail account too? You should stop using Google's search engine, Google+ and YouTube for that matter. They all have the same policy. But it's not to take your stuff...

"Google isnít saying that it owns your content, itís saying that you give them the right to alter it for a number of necessary reasons: generate thumbnails of your photos, translate documents to another language at the userís request, relocate or back it up in storage, or send to another service when you try to share. Googleís policy is about covering its own ass legally, not trying to steal ownership of the photo you posted of your lunch or the guest list for a business luncheon."

link
It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
When it's only a Northern song.

all your base are belong to us.

MastaFlash
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Privacy is a thing of the past... might as well join the sheeps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

iandr0idos
Old
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaFlash View Post
Privacy is a thing of the past... might as well join the sheeps

Sheep*

AT&T Moto X ------------------------ Stock -------- 4.2.2
AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket ---- CM10.1 ----- 4.2.2
AT&T HTC Aria ----------------------- CM9 --------- 4.0.3

spunkylm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Whilst I would normally embrace anything Google, I've got to say that it's lacking in some areas compared to Dropbox (the only other similar service I use and can therefore compare).

The biggest drawback for me with my tiny download speeds is not being able to see transfer rates or limit them. 5GB, whilst not bad for free, lacks to Dropbox too (although the paid options are cheaper; I'm a cheap-skate).

Even the fact the the systray icon does next to nothing to show that it's syncing is more annoying than a full on flashing icon.

Can't really comment on the app too much as it downloads, but won't install. In fact, trying to get back to the market again causes the market to close =/

I'm still gonna use it for a while, but unless they start looking at competitors and saying "these are the things we should be doing", I can see this becoming as popular as Wave

elementur
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Oh my goodness, I swear people can be such whiny b*tches sometimes. Privacy this, privacy that. If you care so much about your privacy get the f*uck off the internet! Jesus Christ people just shut up and move on! (OMG I think I've lost it). Anyways! As someone asked earlier is it possible to save items from Drive onto your SD card?

sKiNz-PouNdeR
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementur View Post
Oh my goodness, I swear people can be such whiny b*tches sometimes. Privacy this, privacy that. If you care so much about your privacy get the f*uck off the internet! Jesus Christ people just shut up and move on! (OMG I think I've lost it). Anyways! As someone asked earlier is it possible to save items from Drive onto your SD card?
No. There is only an option to make a file offline which downloads it to your device but there is no choice of what drive/directory to save it to.
Device: I727R
Provider: Rogers
ROM: SKY ICS UXCLF3 BASE

The Following User Says Thank You to sKiNz-PouNdeR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sacberg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Titanium back added Google Drive as an option. I had a couple of failures uploading all history but it worked fine for just the latest copy.