Petition for better stock rom

Search This thread

dfella30

Apr 15, 2012
This phone is awesome but as many will agree the ICS update has many flaws. And I do not feel it is right to leave the HTC vivid in this condition. Here's why:

1) ICS has been officially updated since our 4.3 release, fixing many bugs.

2) Many games as well as other things lag a great deal and being this a high end device we should not be experiencing lag on games like gun bros, MC3 among many other games where rapid fire guns lag the device to were the game becomes unplayable.

3) All of the other bugs mentioned on other threads.

Yes I am happy we got ICS but it was a quick patched release, and the phone deserves a better more complete Rom release for those that don't root.

Please sign this petition stating any issues you are expreicing with ICS sandwhich for the HTC Vivid, so I can then send it over to A&TT and HTC tech department. Because if nothing is said the phone will be left in its current condition.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

CasualStarlord

Mar 2, 2010
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
1. One I attach exchange to the phone I can no longer install APK files, rendering humble bundles or app development ruined for me
2. Graphics are lousy for how much hardware is inside this handset, I suspect the drivers are to blame.

Now that the HTC One devices are out, I don't think that they will care, they have already moved on from the vivid.

Thankfully we have XDA :D

Last edited:

reckless_sk8r

May 11, 2011
I haven't had any problems with lag. My phone is actually pretty fast thanks to WCX Rom. I haven't gotten into a lot of games, but my GTA III would slightly lag when I was on GB. Now that my phone is on ICS I can play the game with all the settings up without any lag. I might understand if you're not rooted and well, that would actually be more helpful than waiting for a petition to be approved. That is if it ever does..

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
I'd like to see the voice dialer replaced, the wifi bug gone, an lte toggle, crt and overscroll animations, and the sense 4 launcher. I doubt we'll ever see that from at&t or HTC but hopefully a developer on here can make that happen.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

dfella30

Apr 15, 2012
I can't root or anything because all of the methods here require a computer which I don't have. I'm sorry but I'm really pissed because I'm on stock ics and a lot of my payed apps now lag as well as free ones. My wife's pantect burst puts my phone to shame with no lags ever. On stock my phone is crap.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Have you tried a factory reset and reinstalling? Only thing I'm experiencing lag with is several third party keyboards and that's an ics issue. All apps run fine on my phone and its fast. Overall if we just had an lte toggle I'd be happy

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
I can't root or anything because all of the methods here require a computer which I don't have. I'm sorry but I'm really pissed because I'm on stock ics and a lot of my payed apps now lag as well as free ones. My wife's pantect burst puts my phone to shame with no lags ever. On stock my phone is crap.

You can root without a computer. Just need a microSD.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

dfella30

Apr 15, 2012
Have you tried a factory reset and reinstalling? Only thing I'm experiencing lag with is several third party keyboards and that's an ics issue. All apps run fine on my phone and its fast. Overall if we just had an lte toggle I'd be happy

You haven't run into the issue yet because I thought everything was fine to, until I reached a new level in a game or so. Everything was ok until I brought a machine gun in contract killer zombies.

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
Really? My Vivid runs so well stock that I havent bothered even to root it

I agree with MC3 lagging. Prolly Gamelofts fault since it chokes on my buddies ATT Note and Skyrocket (same SoC) but all the rest run flawlessly like Dead Space, Riptide, Nba Jam, Shadowgun, Sonic Episode 4, GTA3 etc.

Otherwise, im really happy

dfella30

Apr 15, 2012
Really? My Vivid runs so well stock that I havent bothered even to root it

I agree with MC3 lagging. Prolly Gamelofts fault since it chokes on my buddies ATT Note and Skyrocket (same SoC) but all the rest run flawlessly like Dead Space, Riptide, Nba Jam, Shadowgun, Sonic Episode 4, GTA3 etc.

Otherwise, im really happy

No its a 2D issue in the stock Rom, just install Restaurant Story. Unplayable, but on my wife's burst again smooth as butter. See all the thing I do on my suck

Marshmellow92

Jan 4, 2012
You can always ask some one who is trustworthy to do it for you like maybe a dev. Or a friend mate. Just a suggestion to root.

prahasta

Apr 20, 2011
Bengkoeloe
Try to factory reset, and reinstall u'r apk / rooting and used script like supercharger. Root doesnt need a computer, u can used zip file and place it on sd. Attempt to bootloader and it will automatically rooting yours.

Send From My HTC RAIDER 4G LTE + DarkRaider 1.4.2

dfella30

Apr 15, 2012
Getting a new one in the mail and I'm not upgrading it until it gets fixed. Gingerbread is a more stable all around release. Just noticed as well HTC custom swype is not on ICS. Since ill have both versions ill post a review of both.

dfella30

Apr 15, 2012
All I can say is gingerbread is better in so many ways. Here's my list:

1. Battery is 50% better meaning I get twice as many hours on one charge.

2. Keybroad vibration doesn't glitch out. Meaning it vibrates on every keystroke.

3.All menus are the same color, green making the phone look better.

4.Apps load and respond a lot faster.

5. I have way more ram available almost a half a gig free

6. I have a lot more system settings available.

7. Sense is better, like the news app has a lot more options.

My list can go on, the only cons are the new features ICS has but I can use third party apps for some. ICS is slower and HTC released a poor update, I over the "i got ICS hype". It sucks, I have both systems side by side and tested them all day long. Sony was right gingerbread wins hands down. Now I'm happy with my phone.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yeah but the gingerbread launcher blows. You can't customize the dock, folder support is intact but not as refined and your forced to have 7 home screens whether or not you want them or not. Course you could always just use adw

skippyg

Oct 30, 2010
Jackson California
I love that my phone never reboots or force closes apps, however my infuse 4g was faster in terms of touch response and battery life. Sometimes I feel like ics on the.vivid is a little slow

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
ICS was fast as hell when I first upgraded now it's gotten noticeably more laggy which is a bit odd. Maybe not laggy so much just losses smoothness at times.