Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Buy 64gb sdxc class 6 $79 bucks

Tip us?

ifly4vamerica
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 292
Default Best Buy 64gb sdxc class 6 $79 bucks

Not a bad price at all for a sandisk, hope this hasn't already been posted.

64GB SanDisk SDXC
Note 3

thunderman98
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Smile 64gb microsdxc

I went to several best buys all stores were sold out.Ordered online and waiting for it. Has anyone have one on their transformer? If so how does it work?would be awesome to have 96GB on the tablet.Reps at the 3 best buys I went to said they flew off the shelves.and what does the xc mean.Thanks for the post great price..

Kraliz
Old
(Last edited by Kraliz; 23rd April 2012 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
I've bought one recently on Amazon.co.uk. I was around 45 pounds and comes with SD size adaptor, in which microSD card stucks a bit and it is tricky to take it out. I'll be using SD adaptor from my Samsung card, it is really easy to remove microSD from it.

Card is preformatted as exFat and tablet said that it is corrupted and needs to be reformatted, then stuck on unmounting operation. I'm on AOKP rom, btw.
I was expecting problems with file system and I've tried to reformat it to Fat32 on my PC (Win7 HP x 64) using few tools (HP format and Fat32formatter) but it didn't work either. I've also tried NTFS just in case if AOKP handles it but it didn't. I'm not sure if it depends or rom or kernel.
Then I've searched xda and found some threads with advice to use mobile phone (HTC Sensation or Samsung) to format card. Luckily I own HTC Sensation, so I've put card in mobile and formatted it. After that, card worked on my TF101.
Still it is Fat32 file system so it can't handle large files (over 4GB) but I don't worry about it.

PS. I forgot to mention that after format it comes as 59GB.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraliz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

typci
Old
Thanks Meter 28
So, does it work in the transformer in the MicroSD slot? or do you have to use an adapter and use the SD card slot.

Kraliz
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I don't have a dock, so it is plugged directly to tablet via microSD port.
I've mentioned SD adaptor because I've tried to reformat card on my PC at first and I had to use adaptor there.

zboq
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraliz View Post
I've bought one recently on Amazon.co.uk. I was around 45 pounds and comes with SD size adaptor, in which microSD card stucks a bit and it is tricky to take it out. I'll be using SD adaptor from my Samsung card, it is really easy to remove microSD from it.

Card is preformatted as exFat and tablet said that it is corrupted and needs to be reformatted, then stuck on unmounting operation. I'm on AOKP rom, btw.
I was expecting problems with file system and I've tried to reformat it to Fat32 on my PC (Win7 HP x 64) using few tools (HP format and Fat32formatter) but it didn't work either. I've also tried NTFS just in case if AOKP handles it but it didn't. I'm not sure if it depends or rom or kernel.
Then I've searched xda and found some threads with advice to use mobile phone (HTC Sensation or Samsung) to format card. Luckily I own HTC Sensation, so I've put card in mobile and formatted it. After that, card worked on my TF101.
Still it is Fat32 file system so it can't handle large files (over 4GB) but I don't worry about it.

PS. I forgot to mention that after format it comes as 59GB.
That's actually wierd because I have 64GB card from sandisc and it's formatted with exfat and works without a problem. But I'm on ARHD 3.2.1, Maybe that's why. Also rouge xm recovery does not recognize exfat so I'm stuck with internal memory only for now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA
My Phone info:
HTC ONE BLACK INT, S-OFF, ViperOne 5.5.0, ElementalX Kernel
My Tablet:
Asus Transformer TF101; KatKiss 4.4.2 #22

ccattie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Pardon me if this has been asked before, but what is the biggest card you can use in this?
-c