Finally upgraded this yesterday to english rom
Had to use an unactivated sim card to do this.
1. Install Windows Mobile Device Center for vista
2. Follow first 2 steps at to gain access to windows mobile.
3. This part is the trickiest as it seems I needed to use an unactivated sim for this or else vista will keep trying to use the internet connection and disables the activesync connection
1. Turn off wifi
2. Turn on cellular
3. On phone side, start internet connection sharing (under programs)
4. In ICS, connect then disconnect (if it doesn't automatically disconnect)
5. Check vista side, should start activesync at this point. It seems to only
stay connected with an unactivated sim for me.
4. Hard SPL. Basically copy the enablerapi.cab onto the windows side, install it, then run the ShiftHardSPL on vista. Follow this link:
5. Download ROMs and run the executable included in the rom. I used the I00
rom, but it doesn't allow you to load many things after this, so i might look
for something else. Nice to have english on this.
Has anyone tried to pop the keys off the keyboard and rearrange them to an English format? I am a little nervous as sometimes these keyboards are so delicate.
---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------
Oh, and I restored the original Italian Vista with the Alt-F3 during boot and ran vistalizator to install English. It seems more responsive than with the English version they shipped and I think it uses less space for whatever reason (not 100% sure about this though)