Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GSM] ICS 4.0.4 Leak [Nandroid]

Tip us?

dtrail1
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,766

DONATE TO ME
You can flash radio and webtop using rsd. Just delete the command lines from the xml file and let those for webtop and radio.

@all: there is no way back from this leak. But in a while won't need a downgrade

Usb is working fine for me and any others who flashed this.

Beware, this is a nandroid, if you flash thus over persisting system, issues would be possible.

If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance.

This nandroid is already rooted!!!

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
My English? Well, if you find any orthographic mistakes you're allowed to keep them for your own behalf, to sell 'em, use them or whatever you want to do with it..

Every little cup of coffee will help! BIG THANKS to all who supported me in any way and this great community!!

Currently needed: I'm happy!
But I'm thankful for everything!!

And/or help me by registering here via THIS banner - and earn some BTC for yourself with your own banner:

It's just a matter of time - you'll get BTC/FTC/LTC/ETC for simply doing -.- NOTHING

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtrail1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenosis
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrail1 View Post
You can flash radio and webtop using rsd. Just delete the command lines from the xml file and let those for webtop and radio.

@all: there is no way back from this leak. But in a while won't need a downgrade

Usb is working fine for me and any others who flashed this.

Beware, this is a nandroid, if you flash thus over persisting system, issues would be possible.

If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance.

This nandroid is already rooted!!!

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
No second chance? Currently, i don't dare to up this ROM

leisures
Old
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
I can downgrade... Already did it twice but im on latam phone with the mmcblk1p18 from chinese leak, maybe that's why I able to do it.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

kenosis
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisures View Post
I can downgrade... Already did it twice but im on latam phone with the mmcblk1p18 from chinese leak, maybe that's why I able to do it.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2
Dear leisures,

Can you help to post step by step to install this ROM if possible?
Thank you

farhanito
Old
(Last edited by farhanito; 9th May 2012 at 08:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by evonc View Post
We could however the bl can't be downgraded for sure which means were permanently thrown off the upgrade path when official release does come out. Oh btw they even removed the notification toggles on the german ICS
Meh, not even notification toggles?

So, you just restore the system or the whole nandroid?
Is root retained?

Thanx

EDIT
on 2nd thought,
can you use SystemUI.apk from Chinese leak on T-Mobile? Maybe you can have those toggles back and remove the carrier logo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenosis View Post
Dear leisures,

Can you help to post step by step to install this ROM if possible?
Thank you
+1

icecreamsandwich
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is this like a OTA from T-Mobile ore what?

Sent from my XT910 using XDA

nealed
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default Cannot boot ICS

Hello,

I have followed the instructions: Flashed the 2.3.6 T Mobile ROM using the RSD alternative : Rebooted, rerooted booted into CWM - restored nandroid backup - and then rebooted: The 'phone never booted into ICS - and it seems that my bootloader remained 0A.6C (can someone confirm that it is the GB BL please) - anyway - I seem able to reflash the GB ROM using the RSD alternative - so I guess it must be the GB BL. Is there something that I am missing. Does restoring the nandroid backup also update the bootloader?

Perhaps I just need to try again? Strange, because the restore completed successfully. any help appeciated
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Currently Using
Oneplus One
Nexus 7 Tab

ex. Galaxy Note 3
ex. Nexus 4
ex. HTC One X+
ex. HTC 8X (Phone) (A few months, I tried Windows Phone. but quickly back to Android)
ex. HP Touchpad
ex. NI Adam
ex. Morotola Droid RAZR
ex. Nexus One (RIP - Died after 3 loyal years)
ex. HTC S740
ex. SFR S300+ (Trinity / P3600 WM6.5)

FrAsErTaG
Old
Thanks Meter 1,083

DONATE TO ME
I'm staying nicely rooted in China for now

Sent from my XT910 using XDA
If you found my post helpful please click the thank you or donate button.

nagnrik
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Anybody? Looks like the download site has some problems.. I am not able to download the nandroid fully, but able to download the SBF completely.... Did anyone face similar issue? Thanks
My Current Devices

Google nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G (P6800)

My Gadgets Story

Motorola T190->MotoC650->Moto E398->Moto E1000->Moto MPX220->Moto A1000->Moto RAZR V3->Moto L7->Moto V3i->Moto MPX 220->Moto MotoFone (LoL)->Moto C168->Moto A630->Moto ROKR E2->Moto ROKR Z6->Moto Q9h->Moto ROKR E8->HTC Touch Pro->HTC Touch Diamond->HTC Touch Diamond 2->Moto Milestone->Google Nexus one->HTC HD2 (Dual boot, LoL)->Moto DEFY->Moto Atrix->Motorola RAZR->Galaxy Nexus->Nexus 4->?

nealed
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Yes - not very clear - but on the right hand size of the screen, at the bottom, there is a countdown (60s) before the "Download File" link appears. Once you see it - the download works. I have DLd it twice today.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealed View Post
Hello,

I have followed the instructions: Flashed the 2.3.6 T Mobile ROM using the RSD alternative : Rebooted, rerooted booted into CWM - restored nandroid backup - and then rebooted: The 'phone never booted into ICS - and it seems that my bootloader remained 0A.6C (can someone confirm that it is the GB BL please) - anyway - I seem able to reflash the GB ROM using the RSD alternative - so I guess it must be the GB BL. Is there something that I am missing. Does restoring the nandroid backup also update the bootloader?

Perhaps I just need to try again? Strange, because the restore completed successfully. any help appeciated
OK - I am a little unclear - and believe that the OP instructions may be incomplete - maybe me being a noob?!

Anyway can someone confirm how I should proceed and if this is correct or not:
  1. Install T Mobile 2.3.6
  2. Root using motofail
  3. Install voodoo root keeper
  4. backup root
  5. install bootstrap
  6. remove root using voodoo
  7. reboot to moto recovery
  8. Flash ICS Leak: 672.152.43.en.EU.zip
  9. Install Voodoo root keeper
  10. Restore root
  11. Install Bootstrap
  12. restart to CWM
  13. restore nandroid

Somehow I think there is something missing - what is unclear to me is of installing the 672.152.43.en.EU.zip via moto recovery is necessary? If so when I boot it I lose root, right? Can I restore root with voodoo? If so I can indeed restore the nandroid - but I don't see the point in doing so if I have already installed the leak? If I try to restore the nandroid from the 2.3.6 ROM it does not update the bootloader.

I am an IT professional so don't think I'm being completely dumb - but that is a distinct possibility! Please... help!!
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Currently Using
Oneplus One
Nexus 7 Tab

ex. Galaxy Note 3
ex. Nexus 4
ex. HTC One X+
ex. HTC 8X (Phone) (A few months, I tried Windows Phone. but quickly back to Android)
ex. HP Touchpad
ex. NI Adam
ex. Morotola Droid RAZR
ex. Nexus One (RIP - Died after 3 loyal years)
ex. HTC S740
ex. SFR S300+ (Trinity / P3600 WM6.5)