[GSM] ICS 4.0.4 Leak [Nandroid]

9th May 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #41  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 7,776

4,839 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can flash radio and webtop using rsd. Just delete the command lines from the xml file and let those for webtop and radio.

@all: there is no way back from this leak. But in a while won't need a downgrade

Usb is working fine for me and any others who flashed this.

Beware, this is a nandroid, if you flash thus over persisting system, issues would be possible.

If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance.

This nandroid is already rooted!!!

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtrail1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 33

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrail1

You can flash radio and webtop using rsd. Just delete the command lines from the xml file and let those for webtop and radio.

@all: there is no way back from this leak. But in a while won't need a downgrade

Usb is working fine for me and any others who flashed this.

Beware, this is a nandroid, if you flash thus over persisting system, issues would be possible.

If you want flash this safe without issues, use the other way, flashing t-mobile room via rsd first, then ICS via moto recovery. don't forget the steps to root correctly, you won't get a second chance.

This nandroid is already rooted!!!

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

No second chance? Currently, i don't dare to up this ROM
9th May 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #43  
Flag Cordoba
Thanks Meter: 167

404 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can downgrade... Already did it twice but im on latam phone with the mmcblk1p18 from chinese leak, maybe that's why I able to do it.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2
9th May 2012, 07:53 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 33

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisures

I can downgrade... Already did it twice but im on latam phone with the mmcblk1p18 from chinese leak, maybe that's why I able to do it.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

Dear leisures,

Can you help to post step by step to install this ROM if possible?
Thank you
9th May 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #45  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 222

853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evonc

We could however the bl can't be downgraded for sure which means were permanently thrown off the upgrade path when official release does come out. Oh btw they even removed the notification toggles on the german ICS

Meh, not even notification toggles?

So, you just restore the system or the whole nandroid?
Is root retained?

Thanx

EDIT
on 2nd thought,
can you use SystemUI.apk from Chinese leak on T-Mobile? Maybe you can have those toggles back and remove the carrier logo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenosis

Dear leisures,

Can you help to post step by step to install this ROM if possible?
Thank you

+1
Last edited by farhanito; 9th May 2012 at 08:10 AM.
9th May 2012, 09:26 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
is this like a OTA from T-Mobile ore what?

Sent from my XT910 using XDA
9th May 2012, 10:00 AM   |  #47  
Flag Eloise
Thanks Meter: 18

747 posts
More
Cannot boot ICS
Hello,

I have followed the instructions: Flashed the 2.3.6 T Mobile ROM using the RSD alternative : Rebooted, rerooted booted into CWM - restored nandroid backup - and then rebooted: The 'phone never booted into ICS - and it seems that my bootloader remained 0A.6C (can someone confirm that it is the GB BL please) - anyway - I seem able to reflash the GB ROM using the RSD alternative - so I guess it must be the GB BL. Is there something that I am missing. Does restoring the nandroid backup also update the bootloader?

Perhaps I just need to try again? Strange, because the restore completed successfully. any help appeciated
9th May 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #48  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 1,083

1,352 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm staying nicely rooted in China for now

Sent from my XT910 using XDA
9th May 2012, 10:47 AM   |  #49  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 67

134 posts
Anybody? Looks like the download site has some problems.. I am not able to download the nandroid fully, but able to download the SBF completely.... Did anyone face similar issue? Thanks
9th May 2012, 11:00 AM   |  #50  
Flag Eloise
Thanks Meter: 18

747 posts
More
Yes - not very clear - but on the right hand size of the screen, at the bottom, there is a countdown (60s) before the "Download File" link appears. Once you see it - the download works. I have DLd it twice today.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealed

Hello,

I have followed the instructions: Flashed the 2.3.6 T Mobile ROM using the RSD alternative : Rebooted, rerooted booted into CWM - restored nandroid backup - and then rebooted: The 'phone never booted into ICS - and it seems that my bootloader remained 0A.6C (can someone confirm that it is the GB BL please) - anyway - I seem able to reflash the GB ROM using the RSD alternative - so I guess it must be the GB BL. Is there something that I am missing. Does restoring the nandroid backup also update the bootloader?

Perhaps I just need to try again? Strange, because the restore completed successfully. any help appeciated

OK - I am a little unclear - and believe that the OP instructions may be incomplete - maybe me being a noob?!

Anyway can someone confirm how I should proceed and if this is correct or not:
  1. Install T Mobile 2.3.6
  2. Root using motofail
  3. Install voodoo root keeper
  4. backup root
  5. install bootstrap
  6. remove root using voodoo
  7. reboot to moto recovery
  8. Flash ICS Leak: 672.152.43.en.EU.zip
  9. Install Voodoo root keeper
  10. Restore root
  11. Install Bootstrap
  12. restart to CWM
  13. restore nandroid

Somehow I think there is something missing - what is unclear to me is of installing the 672.152.43.en.EU.zip via moto recovery is necessary? If so when I boot it I lose root, right? Can I restore root with voodoo? If so I can indeed restore the nandroid - but I don't see the point in doing so if I have already installed the leak? If I try to restore the nandroid from the 2.3.6 ROM it does not update the bootloader.

I am an IT professional so don't think I'm being completely dumb - but that is a distinct possibility! Please... help!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread