DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

OP DerArtem

9th May 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #671  
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
With alpha 5 i cannot play wma music files. With stock rom i never ha problems. Can you help me ?
Tnx

Sent from my folio100 using XDA
11th May 2012, 12:09 PM   |  #672  
Thanks Meter: 41

124 posts
I have tried the 387 kernel.

Not bad, but not yet bulletproof.

I'm now using the kernel with OC, but without memory patch, since I didn't have any problems before with memory shortages.
11th May 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #673  
Thanks Meter: 43

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiverBlade

why would you use a Folio 100 as a wifi hotspot .... it doesnt have a Simcard slot or a data connection wich would enable a viable use like a wifi hotspot... (or you have a 3G folio 100 ? lucky you if so! altho mine doesnt have a 3G module) or you mean using the tab as a spot while having a usb 3G modem. (i use my GT-I 9000 as a wifi spot atm)

Sent from my folio100 using XDA Premium HD app

I have a folio without 3g. But I use a 3g usb hawei device. I will send out this internet with the wifi hotspot function (that not work) for use the internet also on other devices.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA
11th May 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #674  
Flag Ovronnaz
Thanks Meter: 12

167 posts
More
You might aswell use a androide phone as a wifi hotspot (a cheap one like a huawei 8180 ideos x1) my GT-I9000 have a data only sim and serve as a mobile/fixe wifi hotspot when im home or not, but i understand what bugs you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium HD app
13th May 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #675  
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
Nice work. Installed Alpha 5 (from CM7.2) yesterday and I've been playing some hours with this rom. Almost everything works great, but there are some things that worked for me in CM7.2 and do not work in CM9 Alpha 5:

- Google Earth (I have read it works for some of you).
- Chrome (I have read there's a way to make it work, I'll test it later).
- Plants vs Zombies: The HD version crashes and exits without displaying error messages. The SD version hangs when you start playing. I could run the HD version with CM7 using Chainfire 3D.
- Canabalt (my favorite game from the last Humble Android Bundle) works, but framerate is not too good, and sound has frequent glitches. In CM7.2 framerate was very very very smooth, and sound was perfect.

I also have the flickering bug after resuming, but it looks like when you switch to applications, flicker is almost gone.

Other applications that gave me problems in CM7.2 now work perfect. For example Swords and Soldiers and World of Goo had problems with missing black textures. Now they both work perfect :)

Very good work. Many thanks to DerArtem and all the contributors!!!
13th May 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #676  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 3

92 posts
Stilll same bug, after 2-3 weeks using this ROM many items lost from Market.
I tried to change build.prop to galaxy tab or change region using market enabler but still nothing.
What's wrong?
13th May 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #677  
Thanks Meter: 44

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer 4

I have a folio without 3g. But I use a 3g usb hawei device.

Please tell me how you do that. I've a Huawei E173 USB dongle and I don't know how to use it with my Folio.
14th May 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #678  
Thanks Meter: 41

124 posts
Please tell me how you do that. I've a Huawei E173 USB dongle and I don't know how to use it with my Folio

I have a vodafone huwei K3565, wich works fine in the folio (also Belgian... it 's very cheap to get here). I don't know if it works for your model.

- Disable the "Driver disk" on the stick. this could be done by sending some AT-commands to the modem (can be done in windows, using hyperterminal)
- Disable Pin code on the SIM card

-> then plug in the folio => works...

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

- Chrome (I have read there's a way to make it work, I'll test it later).

Chrome can run if you set the DP to 160 (through Folio settings). Fonts also look much better sized for the 1024x600 screen of the folio (The default settings might be fine on a 1280x800, but look fuzzy on the folio)

-I also have the flickering bug after resuming, but it looks like when you switch to applications, flicker is almost gone.

I have it also, but it goes away after a few seconds. I think it has to do with starting the backlight lamp (incomplete start sequence, so there is a flicker until it is warm). Anyway, it is a quite small thing... at least it wakes up now ;)
15th May 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #679  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by botto00

I recompiled the kernel with some more graphics memory and some more minor adjustment

I tried for hours to navigate websites with lots of flash and several tabs at once and I can not hang
Try it and tell you that this is

PD: Also released a kernel with only overclock for those who prefer

How do i install these kernell?

is there any update.zip for this?
15th May 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #680  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 5

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limusin

How do i install these kernell?