Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ubuntu Installer on Play Store

Tip us?

hajalie24
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryflanagan View Post
Yes, Xfce I find works well. Just did not know how much effort you might be willing to put into it

Bit of advice - don't use "apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" to change to Xfce. That wants to install a ton of stuff that is not needed. Just try installing the the meta package "xfce4" and then add the other bits you want. I then removed the Unity desktop and it booted straight in to Xfce.

Edit: Actually, in this 12.04 image doing "apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" does not appear to be as bad. A previous image wanted to download 750Mb of stuff!

Edit2: Oh, and to get xfce loading instead of Unity, you need to edit /root/.vnx/xstartup and change the last line:

/etc/X11/Xsession

to be

startxfce4

..then restart the linux chroot by typing exit
Thanks! since I'm new to Linux this guide was a bittricky but I figured it out. works much better now!

transceiver
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Anyone got a browser to work yet? Or maybe a guide to compiling stuff for a noob?

RubenRybnik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by transceiver View Post
Anyone got a browser to work yet? Or maybe a guide to compiling stuff for a noob?
I'd suggest you post in the offical Ubuntu app thread linked on the previous pages, it's much more active and the developer is very helpful.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy III
Current ROM: CS Rom

XDA Gallery - Chrome Extension

hajalie24
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Midori works for me.

justPorter
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
if you have a tegra processor you have to use ubuntu 10 to have a working browser.

nonpaq
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Paid app has been updated in the PLAY store. Now has link to new script (v7) and link to 12.04 stable (v2 image). New script adds non-SU user login, and setting a default resolution. Image downloads now have options for Torrent or Sourceforge link. (No longer dedicated FTP downloads) Torrent will need an app to work.
Tmobile USA - HTC AMAZE (stock)
SD Card - 32 GB class 10

Asus Transformer T201 w/ Dock.
Unlocked/Custom ROM
ROM: Flavor of the week.