No registration required

Ubuntu Installer on Play Store

OP RubenRybnik

30th April 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 14

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryflanagan

Yes, Xfce I find works well. Just did not know how much effort you might be willing to put into it

Bit of advice - don't use "apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" to change to Xfce. That wants to install a ton of stuff that is not needed. Just try installing the the meta package "xfce4" and then add the other bits you want. I then removed the Unity desktop and it booted straight in to Xfce.

Edit: Actually, in this 12.04 image doing "apt-get install xubuntu-desktop" does not appear to be as bad. A previous image wanted to download 750Mb of stuff!

Edit2: Oh, and to get xfce loading instead of Unity, you need to edit /root/.vnx/xstartup and change the last line:

/etc/X11/Xsession

to be

startxfce4

..then restart the linux chroot by typing exit

Thanks! since I'm new to Linux this guide was a bittricky but I figured it out. works much better now!
6th May 2012, 05:14 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 54

146 posts
Anyone got a browser to work yet? Or maybe a guide to compiling stuff for a noob?
6th May 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #53  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cary, NC
Thanks Meter: 147

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by transceiver

Anyone got a browser to work yet? Or maybe a guide to compiling stuff for a noob?

I'd suggest you post in the offical Ubuntu app thread linked on the previous pages, it's much more active and the developer is very helpful.
8th May 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 14

228 posts
Quote:

Midori works for me.
8th May 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 16

82 posts
Quote:

if you have a tegra processor you have to use ubuntu 10 to have a working browser.
9th May 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #56  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 61

523 posts
More
Paid app has been updated in the PLAY store. Now has link to new script (v7) and link to 12.04 stable (v2 image). New script adds non-SU user login, and setting a default resolution. Image downloads now have options for Torrent or Sourceforge link. (No longer dedicated FTP downloads) Torrent will need an app to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread