Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 52,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Earphones with mic?

Tip us?

psych0t1c
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkgreen View Post
I just bought these ones:

Audeo PFE 132

&

SoundMAGIC E10
Awesome.

What about them? Work fine? Sound good? Which one is better? Do all the controls work?

I find the supplied earbuds atrocius. I got mine in Germany, without contract, and the buds are worse than what I got with the DHD (or Sensation?). There is a little knob with a pushbutton that pauses/unpauses the music, and it might even be a handsfree mic and call accept button. To me this is utter garbage, and they don't even sound or fit well.

I would be interested in options that deliver maybe volume control (optional), next track, prev track and pause. And decent sound. Do I need to shell out for HTC "Beats" models? Or are the special features delivered by the "remote" on the cable standard and normalized between manufacturers by now?

Any good suggestions?
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
HTC Sensation
HTC One S (black with no MAO defects, unlocked, rooted, self-modded mostly stock ROM)

Help populate the HTC One S IRC channel on freenode: #htc-one-s

TurkzZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
do the track skip / answer call / volume buttons work?

kernal panic
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Pretty much any headphones with buttons will work fine with Android. To get the full range of controls you might want to install an app.

Jays Headset Control works a treat for me, and allows you to configure to what you would like - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...headsetcontrol

As to which headphones to buy, that depends on your budget. Something from Ultimate Ears with the vi or vm on the end of the model name if it were my cash.
The Following User Says Thank You to kernal panic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SFP
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Nothing to do with me, but I found hifiheadphones.co.uk to be of help; good forum too.

cabello80
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default ibeats

I'm using iBeats...working fine, with double twist and Google music. I did install Jays headset control.

monkeyhitman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Jays is awesome. Must install if you're stock because there's very little built-in support for one-button controls.

That said, I'm using a pair of id America Sparks right now. They sound wonderful, look great, have tons of color choices, and they have been going thorough a chain of price matches ($30ish) that have made it all the way to Amazon.

Just Google "id America Spark" Plenty of good reviews, and hit up Shopping to find where you can grab a pair.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

jakemg
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle View Post
the headphones that come with the One S do all of this.

Plus if your One S is in the first 10,000 units you get beats headphones with it

I did According to argos (uk) they are worth 120 which is impressive considering they where free
Sadly, the US version didn't include this kind of offer. I definitely ordered one of the first 10,000 units. In fact, the US package doesn't even have cheap, crappy headphones in them, which I would normally use as a workout pair.