MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Earphones with mic?

23rd April 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #11  
Flag earth.europe.de
Thanks Meter: 37

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkgreen

I just bought these ones:

Audeo PFE 132

&

SoundMAGIC E10

Awesome.

What about them? Work fine? Sound good? Which one is better? Do all the controls work?

I find the supplied earbuds atrocius. I got mine in Germany, without contract, and the buds are worse than what I got with the DHD (or Sensation?). There is a little knob with a pushbutton that pauses/unpauses the music, and it might even be a handsfree mic and call accept button. To me this is utter garbage, and they don't even sound or fit well.

I would be interested in options that deliver maybe volume control (optional), next track, prev track and pause. And decent sound. Do I need to shell out for HTC "Beats" models? Or are the special features delivered by the "remote" on the cable standard and normalized between manufacturers by now?

Any good suggestions?
23rd April 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

132 posts
do the track skip / answer call / volume buttons work?
23rd April 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Pretty much any headphones with buttons will work fine with Android. To get the full range of controls you might want to install an app.

Jays Headset Control works a treat for me, and allows you to configure to what you would like - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...headsetcontrol

As to which headphones to buy, that depends on your budget. Something from Ultimate Ears with the vi or vm on the end of the model name if it were my cash.
The Following User Says Thank You to kernal panic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #14  
Flag NE England
Thanks Meter: 12

41 posts
Nothing to do with me, but I found hifiheadphones.co.uk to be of help; good forum too.
2nd May 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #15  

170 posts
ibeats
I'm using iBeats...working fine, with double twist and Google music. I did install Jays headset control.
9th May 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #16  

9 posts
Jays is awesome. Must install if you're stock because there's very little built-in support for one-button controls.

That said, I'm using a pair of id America Sparks right now. They sound wonderful, look great, have tons of color choices, and they have been going thorough a chain of price matches ($30ish) that have made it all the way to Amazon.

Just Google "id America Spark" Plenty of good reviews, and hit up Shopping to find where you can grab a pair.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
9th May 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #17  
Flag Chicago-ish
Thanks Meter: 10

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle

the headphones that come with the One S do all of this.

Plus if your One S is in the first 10,000 units you get beats headphones with it

I did According to argos (uk) they are worth 120 which is impressive considering they where free

Sadly, the US version didn't include this kind of offer. I definitely ordered one of the first 10,000 units. In fact, the US package doesn't even have cheap, crappy headphones in them, which I would normally use as a workout pair.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread