5,600,429 Members 33,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Tip us?

danielsf
Old
(Last edited by danielsf; 9th May 2012 at 08:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
I really wish I had the skills to change Gpu clock speed, but I'm afraid I don't. I have tried to find the relevant information without much success. I would love to be able to compile my own kernel with oc'ing to 1.5ghz (default set at 1.2ghz though) with gpu overclocking capabilities, all of which could be controlled with a single app interface, but I am just not good enough at all. I am afraid that by the time I have the skills to do it, no one will even own the tab anymore. I am learning about kernel development, a friend is giving me his galaxy s in a 4 months, which I plan to learn to develop on, so when I am learning I wouldn't break my tab. That's why I was asking you with the overclocking of the gpu as I just am not good enough at kernel development to do anything apart from compiling a kernel from source, and making some very, very basic changes, sorry to have asked about it I know there is much more important things to be done. I would just love to play decent games on the tab, and with decent hardware acceleration in ice, maybe oc'ing the gpu would have made the tab a couple of fps smoother. Anyway, thank you
Same here, I wish I had the skills too, but I don't. I would love to try to overclock the Gpu in our dear old tab. I just wouldn't know where to start

Edit: I thought a direct quote from the famous movie 'Star Wars A new hope' was fitting, "Pershoot you're my only hope"

Edit 2: Sorry pershoot, I don't want to sound unappreciative, thank you so much for all your work on this, it really does mean a lot
If I have helped you, please press the "Thanks" button
Phones:
---HTC Desire - Kit Kat Rom, CPU OC to 1.13ghz
---Moto G 16gb - Stock
---Galaxy Note 3 N9005 32gb - X-NOTE Rom, UV'd CPU with leanKernel
SOLD: HTC hero, Galaxy s2, Galaxy s3, nexus 4

Tablets:
---Nexus 10 32gb - PA ROM, GPU OC to 667mhz, UV'd GPU & CPU with KT Kernel
SOLD: Archos 70it, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nexus 7 32GB

kehlan
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Why does the DB blog say not to use the 05/03 kernel? I understand that it's "for development," but nothing specifies if it's actually safe for end-users.

I'm going to download it but I'll save the install until somebody can confirm this.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlan View Post
Why does the DB blog say not to use the 05/03 kernel? I understand that it's "for development," but nothing specifies if it's actually safe for end-users.

I'm going to download it but I'll save the install until somebody can confirm this.

because the rom contains the current development kernel already. do not flash 0503 over snapshot 0508. you will break stuff.

kehlan
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot View Post
because the rom contains the current development kernel already. do not flash 0503 over snapshot 0508. you will break stuff.
Holy **** that was a fast reply, I was about to edit my last post. I noticed that 05/08 was out right after I posted that, my bad. Thanks though, I'll just use 05/08.

kehlan
Old
(Last edited by kehlan; 10th May 2012 at 04:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Attempting to flash 0508 gives me a "Status 7" errror. Bad download? It took forever to download, too...

Damn.

EDIT: I started the download again and it's going about (literally) 5x faster than it was before. I'll report back if I have further issues.

EDIT 2: I downloaded it again and still get the same error.

EDIT 3: Forgive my persistence, but I'm just wondering what I can do to get this kernel running. I'm sure it would please me more than the stock kernel in AOKP 5.2.

Duvel999
Old
(Last edited by Duvel999; 12th May 2012 at 01:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 137
use the overcome 2.3.1 rom for p7500.
tried to flash this kernel by cwm recovery..
got stuck in a bootloop..
flashed the rom again.

what am I doing wrong?

(which one do I need from the download page of p7500?)
(I used the first one)

why got the bootloop?

Tenebrae Sum

SE X10i, ARC, Xperia T, Xperia Z1..... Forever SE Android

sendan
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvel999 View Post
use the overcome 2.3.1 rom for p7500.
tried to flash this kernel by cwm recovery..
got stuck in a bootloop..
flashed the rom again.

what am I doing wrong?

(which one do I need from the download page of p7500?)
(I used the first one)

why got the bootloop?

It sounds like you're on a Honeycomb ROM? Everything is labeled very well on droidbasement, just make sure you're not flashing an ICS kernel.

real77055
Old
Thanks Meter 248
can you upload your latest kernels so we can download ?? and try with different ics roms?
The Following User Says Thank You to real77055 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pershoot
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3734
They will not be compatible with anything else (other then what I'm providing). That is why I'm rolling up roms for testing while I wrap up and work towards getting this in to cm mainline.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itrice
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can not find the version of pershoot kernel for P7500 rom overcome to enable usb charging, can you help me?
thanks