Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

OP giveen

9th May 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #281  
Recognized Developer
Flag Outside Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 453

710 posts
Donate to Me
I'll take a copy... Please forward me the link once its available... guess I could look for it in the forum ... just not sure if you're going to create a thread for it or not.
9th May 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #282  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 4,883

3,959 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
To whom it may concern:
Please do not engage in anything that could be even remotely construed as harassment/flaming other members.

XDA-Developers is not a place to make personal attacks and this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Please refer to the forum rules for further clarification of what is not permitted on XDA.

Thanks for your cooperation.
9th May 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #283  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,175

5,546 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here is the NVFlash package I use to restore mine tto stock. I did not create this and am only redistributing it so others may use it. It is not a flashable zip. Extract to your PC ddesktop and run like any other NVFlash. I am not responsible for what you do to your device. Again I did not create this.

http://115media.net/scarmon25/Dell%2...%20Restore.zip
10th May 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #284  
Flag Sarasota, FL
Thanks Meter: 176

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen

I actually go back to Stock 2.2, and than upgrade from there.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0o...FVkOUdXcFFZWUE

Thanks for providing the file! Is this the stock wifi version of 2.2?
10th May 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #285  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
To whom it may concern,
Be it you feel included or excluded by my comment(s), I recognize "contributors" such as Manii, Givven, DJ etc. but do mind "2 cent-ers"... I want to help make results notjust comment about others efforts or paradie around like they were my own or as if ive made significant contributions; just as many here my feel my reply/comment was worthy of deletion as how I feel about his reply...

On a more on topic note ive spent all night configuring my PC with eclipse 3.7 & the 3.2hc &ics adts to begin ventues into Droid programming...

Its my understanding that ICS is an attept to somewhat unify 2.2fyro thru 3.2hc into one world... Its also my understanding that if ICS is setup correctly an HC driver -such as modem or camera- can be foreward compatable with ICS...

Im grateful for my own rant because now we are finding that there may or may not be a safe reversion back to HC from ICS -apparently previously unknown by many others here too- which for me is great news..!

Im going to tinker with eclipse & pretend to know what im doing with DS7ICS ROM in an emulator...
10th May 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #286  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,542

2,148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfinsrq

Thanks for providing the file! Is this the stock wifi version of 2.2?

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to giveen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #287  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,542

2,148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickClick

To whom it may concern,
Be it you feel included or excluded by my comment(s), I recognize "contributors" such as Manii, Givven, DJ etc. but do mind "2 cent-ers"... I want to help make results notjust comment about others efforts or paradie around like they were my own or as if ive made significant contributions; just as many here my feel my reply/comment was worthy of deletion as how I feel about his reply...

On a more on topic note ive spent all night configuring my PC with eclipse 3.7 & the 3.2hc &ics adts to begin ventues into Droid programming...

Its my understanding that ICS is an attept to somewhat unify 2.2fyro thru 3.2hc into one world... Its also my understanding that if ICS is setup correctly an HC driver -such as modem or camera- can be foreward compatable with ICS...

Im grateful for my own rant because now we are finding that there may or may not be a safe reversion back to HC from ICS -apparently previously unknown by many others here too- which for me is great news..!

Im going to tinker with eclipse & pretend to know what im doing with DS7ICS ROM in an emulator...

Modem is an easier fix but camera everyone is having difficulty with because Google changed the way the camera is accessed through Android.

There is a long a difficult route to get back to HC from ICS, you need to first flash back to stock 2.2, than upgrade from there. Also posted above was a link to a stock HC image.
10th May 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #288  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

1,360 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

That link you provided is approximately what I would have released, but why is it in the general section of xda?

That would allow you to restore back to stock, the previous nvflash payloads i'm aware of otherwise wouldnt.

What's the exact rom included with that payload?
I'm going to prepare something regardless as it's fairly easy to repack nvflash.

NVflash shouldnt touch your external sdcard though, it may not even have access to it at all from what I've seen.

EDIT: THERE IS A SERIOUS ERROR IN THAT SCRIPT: it flashes P23.img, and that contains your device's unique ID data, such as your service tag and IMEI (if valid)
You must remove the line related to P23 if you do decide to use that script.

S7 users should NEVER flash a P23.img that isnt from their device for this very reason.

ICS B4 is the first custom ROM that I've flashed so I'm not sure what happens with other ROMs. If P23.img contains one's service tag, etc. info, what happened to that info with ICS B4 and/or other ROMs as it doesn't show in "About tablet"? The HC info was replaced with ICS B4 info. Is that info still there and would it be shown again if I "somehow" returned to stock HC?
10th May 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #289  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
I dont intend to flash to ics yet til I figure out playing on it in a simulation first.... Im comfortable with HC as an OS but my interest lays in the programming... Honestly Dell has rarely present a product that I didnt like or for that matter was expandable... The only reason I got tje Dell was because its powerful nvidia chipset & the 3/4g modem & the fact it is so highly expandable... Unfortunatly its my texting device so I cant loose that one feature but im willing to help figure it out...

Am I on the right track with eclipse & the APT sets..?
Do I just load up a fyro, hc, or ics ROM in the emulator & tinker from there..?

Im dying to wipe off kongergate from the hc ROM lol

Edit: Should I get nVidia Tegra Android Developer Pack 1.0r7 or the Tegra Android Toolkit 1.0r5..? Not sure where to start for us DS7 newbie programmers...

This is an obvious download for anyone interested in development: Tegra Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) OS Image for Tegra2 Developer Kit (Ventana)
Last edited by SlickClick; 11th May 2012 at 04:39 AM.
11th May 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #290  
Thanks Meter: 41

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickClick

Am I on the right track with eclipse & the APT sets..? Do I just load up a fyro, hc, or ics ROM in the emulator & tinker from there..?

Im dying to wipe off kongergate from the hc ROM lol

Edit: Should I get nVidia Tegra Android Developer Pack 1.0r7 or the Tegra Android Toolkit 1.0r5..? Not sure where to start for us DS7 newbie programmers...

This is an obvious download for anyone interested in development: Tegra Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) OS Image for Tegra2 Developer Kit (Ventana)

I'm no developer but I believe drivers, ROMs, and such are developed via a Linux install. I have done some tinkering with this sort of thing.

As for removing apps that can be easily done using Titanium Backup. The free version on the market can do this. I removed all Dell Stage apps from mine without causing any problems.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread