Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Body Glove Red Case

Tip us?

SirSigma
Old
Thanks Meter 545
I'm somewhat tempted to get this case even though I already have a Trident Kraken.

The Kraken probably gives me the best possible protection I can get, but adds quite a bit of bulk to the phone. That, and I ordered a blue one, which in retrospect, made me wish I had gotten a red one instead.

How good is the fit of the case internally? And is the back rough enough to grip easily? The Kraken even feels a little slippery with its hardcase exterior every now and then, which makes me more likely to drop it than when I had the Kraken on the HTC Evo (had a rubberized exterior).

Meticode
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSigma View Post
I'm somewhat tempted to get this case even though I already have a Trident Kraken.

The Kraken probably gives me the best possible protection I can get, but adds quite a bit of bulk to the phone. That, and I ordered a blue one, which in retrospect, made me wish I had gotten a red one instead.

How good is the fit of the case internally? And is the back rough enough to grip easily? The Kraken even feels a little slippery with its hardcase exterior every now and then, which makes me more likely to drop it than when I had the Kraken on the HTC Evo (had a rubberized exterior).
It's got decent grip. It feels like a smooth matte aluminum finish to the hand because of the paint. Even though it's plastic. This doesn't have a rubberized outer shell. The Kraken will definitely protect better, but I love the look and feel of this in my hand. When it slides onto the phone in two pieces it fits very snugly and tight.

Abu-7abash
Old
Thanks Meter 372
My favorite case. Its both good looking and feels reliable to take a hit while protecting the phone. Very recommended.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 5 on Stock...for now
Rooted, Bootloader unlocked.

HTC Vivid on stock Rooted ICS
S-On (yeah I know..)

HTC Desire on JB believe it or not!
S-Off

Past: htc HD2 - Samsung Vibrant - htc Inspire - htc HD7 -Motorola Atrix - htc Sensation - Galaxy Tab 7" - Motorola Defy - HP Touchpad - htc Amaze - Asus Nexus 7 - Viewsonic gTablet - Motorola Photon - Sony Xperia X10 - LG Nitro HD - Acer Iconia 7" - htc Rezound - Motorola Atrix HD - htc Flyer - Motorola RAZR HD - LG Nexus 4

Meticode
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu-7abash View Post
My favorite case. Its both good looking and feels reliable to take a hit while protecting the phone. Very recommended.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk
Agreed. I usually don't like odd colored cases, but the red goes perfect with this. It'd be cool if they made a black version that had the red chrome line on the back towards the bottom versus the black chrome finish.

Meticode
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Still loving this thing so far.

alphabets
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
Still loving this thing so far.
agreed. it' not the thinnest case going, but is beautiful.

Meticode
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabets View Post
agreed. it' not the thinnest case going, but is beautiful.
Totally agree with you. When I first bought the phone it was thicker slightly than some other phones on the market. So i was looking for a case that was very minimal and thin. I found one, but didn't like the feel of it. Even those this case adds bulk, it just feels really good in my hand. While I still like holding the phone without a case, this Red Body Glove Case is my second favorite way I like to hold my phone. Plus the red makes it look different too.

platinumrims
Old
Thanks Meter 314
What thin case? How thin was it? I want something that's basically like a sleeve. This phone feels sooo good in the hand without a case on it