Chainfire compatible?

Search This thread

Global Swag

Nov 4, 2011
Since the gpu isnt compatible with alot of my favorite gameloft games, i looked into chainfire. It prompts to install after downloading, but then displays if it is not compatible then the device will not boot. Can anyone install it and confirm that it works? Im new to android and wouldnt know a thing if it didnt.

Thanks
Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

marckusdavis

Apr 6, 2007
It worked - sort of?

I wouldn't try it until we get a working clockwork mod recovery or at least a sbf to flash.if it soft bricks at this point we're s.o.l.

Sent from my MB865

I got really stupid and installed and ran it on my rooted Atrix 2. It ran fine. I then installed the CF3D driver and rebooted. It came back up. I installed the 3 plugins and selected NVidia and rebooted. It came back up. I then ran Asphalt 6 HD and saw the same green graphics I saw without using the driver. I then got smart and read about CF3D and got a little scared and uninstalled the driver. ;) Soooo, if anyone wants to get more brave than me, at least now you know it can run. I don't know that I configured everything correctly in it to make it work properly, but I think I did and I didn't see any difference in Asphalt 6 HD. BTW, I got Asphalt to work without CF3D by changing my build.prop file to make the Market think I had a different phone. I tried running Asphalt that way and with changing it back (all before CF3D) to no avail - still green graphics. I really miss my Gameloft games...

marckusdavis

Apr 6, 2007
Post #2 says there's no problem with Chainfire... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1385420

So what's the true verdict?

Well, like I said, I'm too scared to try it again since it doesn't specifically list the Atrix 2 as supported yet. And although it ran, I couldn't get it to make Asphalt 6 HD work any better (green wireframe for all scenery and part of all cars). If someone tells me that the Atrix 2 is actually supported, I'd be happy to test it further. I don't want to risk bricking my phone if it is not ...

Atrixed2

Nov 28, 2011
Los Angeles
When you use chainfire do you need to have RW on /system all the time? or its okay to put it back to read only after you install chainfire?

Atrixed2

Nov 28, 2011
Los Angeles
well I jumped in hehe and I'm glad I did now I can play Eternal Legacy HD by using nvidia plugin. To answer my own question earlier it is okay to put it back to Read only after install. As for the asphalt 6 I have to download and try, I also saw some post regarding disable RGBA emu fixes something ^_^.

marckusdavis

Apr 6, 2007
well I jumped in hehe and I'm glad I did now I can play Eternal Legacy HD by using nvidia plugin. To answer my own question earlier it is okay to put it back to Read only after install. As for the asphalt 6 I have to download and try, I also saw some post regarding disable RGBA emu fixes something ^_^.

Thanks! After much trial and error, I finally got Asphalt 6 HD working. I had to use the Qualcomm driver plugin. I can't get Eternal Legacy working though. Can you tell me what settings you used in Chainfire 3D to get it to work?

NM. Eternal Legacy works fine without Chainfire 3D!

Last edited:

marckusdavis

Apr 6, 2007
A few Gameloft games working on my Atrix 2

OK,

as a necessary statement, I own all of these games through legitimate purchase. For those like me with an Atrix 2, I got the following Gameloft games working on the Atrix 2 (GameLoft doesn't sell these for the Atrix 2 specifically (yet?)):

For all of the games below, I have Chainfire 3D installed (don't know if it's necessary for them all, but I bought the Pro version and am using it) and I am using per app. configurations and all settings are default unless mentioned otherwise:

Sacred Odyssey - no Chainfire plugins set, using Galaxy Tab version 1.0.0 of game

Asphalt 6 HD - Qualcomm plugin set, using Android Market version of game

Eternal Legacy HD - no Chainfire plugins set, using Samsung Google Nexus S version straight from Gameloft

I also have installed Spare Parts from the Android Market and unchecked the "Compatibility Mode" setting, which allowed Eternal Legacy to take up the entire screen (seems like Asphalt 6 already did take up full screen, but can't recall for sure and too lazy to reboot again since it's working!). I haven't gone very far into any of the games yet, but just enough to see if they would actually start the first "level".

Just wanted to share this info. as I have yet to find specifics for configuration for the Atrix 2 as to what games people have got working. To purchase the appropriate versions, you'll need to mess with your build.prop file to make the Android Market (and/or Gameloft) think you have a different phone/tablet. If you don't know how to do that, just search online for the phone/tablet you need to fake and "build.prop", and you should get plenty of hits.

Last edited:

Atrixed2

Nov 28, 2011
Los Angeles
yup i used rom tool box pro :p it can make back up and restore build prop on the fly :p or you can use adb push/pull but yeah RTB does it simplier :p Grats on your success :p hopefully sooner or later Gameloft will change their policy because our phone can clearly play their HD games. Not to bash on tegra but our own(A2) OMAP can handle it :p

works for me.stock rooted 2.3.6 NO chainfire.

628f0243-998e-c544.jpg

628f0243-99a5-7556.jpg

dk-v1

Dec 28, 2011
Baton Rouge
After reading up and seeing that chainfire was compatible with the Atrix 2, I installed it.

Upon installing the drivers and rebooting, my phone got stuck in a boot-loop (?).

Any ideas?

sathelate

Aug 2, 2009
Saint-Jérôme
Thanks! After much trial and error, I finally got Asphalt 6 HD working. I had to use the Qualcomm driver plugin. I can't get Eternal Legacy working though. Can you tell me what settings you used in Chainfire 3D to get it to work?

NM. Eternal Legacy works fine without Chainfire 3D!

How you did it for eternal legacy ? im having an atrix and it start but showing me red graphics all over

thx :p

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
45C is WAY too HOT! Usually I pull the battery if it gets above 36C. Considering it's such a tight space, and has no cooling you have to be careful!

Oh! That's strange... Mine is always above 35C.. Right now it's 37C.. (the only user app running is the xda app now) and it usually goes to 40C when playing some heavy resource using game.. Guess I should get it checked.. It's just been 2 weeks after I bought it..

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A few Gameloft games working on my Atrix 2

OK,

as a necessary statement, I own all of these games through legitimate purchase. For those like me with an Atrix 2, I got the following Gameloft games working on the Atrix 2 (GameLoft doesn't sell these for the Atrix 2 specifically (yet?)):

For all of the games below, I have Chainfire 3D installed (don't know if it's necessary for them all, but I bought the Pro version and am using it) and I am using per app. configurations and all settings are default unless mentioned otherwise:

Sacred Odyssey - no Chainfire plugins set, using Galaxy Tab version 1.0.0 of game

Asphalt 6 HD - Qualcomm plugin set, using Android Market version of game

Eternal Legacy HD - no Chainfire plugins set, using Samsung Google Nexus S version straight from Gameloft

I also have installed Spare Parts from the Android Market and unchecked the "Compatibility Mode" setting, which allowed Eternal Legacy to take up the entire screen (seems like Asphalt 6 already did take up full screen, but can't recall for sure and too lazy to reboot again since it's working!). I haven't gone very far into any of the games yet, but just enough to see if they would actually start the first "level".

Just wanted to share this info. as I have yet to find specifics for configuration for the Atrix 2 as to what games people have got working. To purchase the appropriate versions, you'll need to mess with your build.prop file to make the Android Market (and/or Gameloft) think you have a different phone/tablet. If you don't know how to do that, just search online for the phone/tablet you need to fake and "build.prop", and you should get plenty of hits.
    I wouldn't try it until we get a working clockwork mod recovery or at least a sbf to flash.if it soft bricks at this point we're s.o.l.

Sent from my MB865