Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 45,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google drive?

Tip us?

SolidusInflux
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahsonico View Post
It looks alright, but I alraedy have 50 gbs of storage on Box :/
Yea i have the 50gb from box. But i do enjoy drive. google is on point with their stuff

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Current: GS2 Epic Touch | Stock ICS | FC07Backup: iPhone 4s | Jailbroken

Oldies: Nokia E70,T-Mobile MDA,Sidekick II, Blackjack II, Samsung Instinct, HTC Hero, Epic 4G, HTC Arrive, Nexus S 4G, HTC EvO 3D, Photon 4G, iPhone 4s
Future News: Galaxy Nexus, Holo-Phone ( Yea its coming )

frigidazzi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
50 GB from drive is nice I agree, but I rarely use it because of the file size limitation...

So on Drive the problem I have with is the android app kind of sucks. I don't need the alphabet showing me where I'm at between files. It makes it show a lot fewer files at a time.. I want just a file explorer kind of view. I need the ability to add folders. And the worse thing is where are the files after I make them available offline? Like if I store android files and then make them offline for phone use I can't access them outside of the drive app unless I'm missing something.

Things that will change in time I'm sure, but for now since I primarily use my android devices over PC I have still been using drop box mostly other than to est stuff.

kingsway8605
Old
Thanks Meter 489
I like sugarsync.

Jables2915
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusInflux View Post
Yea i have the 50gb from box. But i do enjoy drive. google is on point with their stuff

Yeah you can't beat the 50Gb from box i do like drive though i'm just going to use it for storing my photos

Everyday Legend
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp goblin View Post
I was browsing the Nexus S forums and found this in a thread about google drive, you guys might find it interesting..

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/how-fa...ur-files/75228

The terms that scare me, also from the Nexus S thread:

Google Drive — Terms

“Your Content in our Services: When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing that you have added to Google Maps).”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1per 117 View Post
Wow, those terms are pretty scary...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Yes, they are. Very Billy The Kid from Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure -

"What I win, I keep, what you win, I keep."

-- click accept TOS --

"Sounds good, Mr. The Kid!"