[Tutorial] How to use Lg Weather Widget on CM7 or Miui beta
Tutorial to add Lg classes to the framework.jar in order to make work the original weather widget of LG in every rom.
I have made this process successfully in the CyanogenMod 7.2RC1 and in the MIUI 2.1a.
I discovered this process thanks to doc3000, which created to me the framework.jar of CM7 with Lg classes. After a while researching, I discovered the process.
First of all, make a backup of your rom just in case something goes wrong, be able to recover the terminal restoring it from the recovery, given the fact that a wrong framework.jar will produce a bootlop.
The files you need are:
1) baksmali.jar y smali.jar ,which you can get it from here: http://code.google.com/p/smali/
. I have used the .jar files
2) original LG framework.jar file, for example in whatever rom STOCK, available in “/system/framework/framework.jar”
3) framework.jar of the rom to which we want to add the LG classes, available in “/system/framework/framework.jar”
4) WeatherWidget.apk which you can get too from whatever STOCK rom, available in “/system/app/WeatherWidget.apk”
1) Open a console, then cd to the folder where you have the 4 files. Run:
java -jar baksmali.jar framework.jar -o outlg
This will make a folder named “outlg”, which it will have all the LG Classes of the framework.jar
2) Repeat the same with the framework.jar of the rom that we want to add the LG classes running the command
java -jar baksmali.jar framework.jar -o out
3) Go to the folder “outlg/com” and make a copy of the “lge” folder to the “out/com” folder.
4) Now run
java -jar smali.jar out -o classes.dex
5) Open the framework.jar of the rom that we want to add the LG Classes with Winzip / 7zip ... , and replace the file classes.dex from the inside by the one we just have created. (Don't use Winrar, it make an incorrect framework.jar with a bootloop as a result. I don't know if Winzip work, but I confirm 7zip yes)
6) Insert the modified framework.jar to the “/system/framework” overwritting the original file, and checking that it has group and owner “root” and the correct permissions ( To know the correct permissions, look the permissions of any file in the folder “/system/framework/”...)
7) Copy the file “WeatherWidget.apk” in “/system/app/” and put he same permissions as any apk in that directory, check that the group and the owner are “root” too
8) Restart the device, and here we have the original LG weather widget in our favourite rom.
This process should work in every rom in every device, not only in the Optimus Black, but I could not check it because I only have an Optimus Black.
Sorry for my english >.<