*UPDATED* 6/26/2012 Motorola Razr/Maxx, Droid 4,HTC Rezound Will work on any GSM

OP droidxrooting

9th May 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
Not sure if that's completely true or not because the version of ICS I have running on my other MAXX right now has a different version of webtop. I can confirm this when I get back home, but fairly certain the radio versions are different as well.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke

Anybody make any head way on this, I'm still stuck with figuring out the new service menu and don't see anyplace to change to WCDMA preferred

I found that if your SIM isn't making contact correctly that it won't show up and let you switch from WCDMA Preferred. In fact I don't even think the menu will come up.
10th May 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #112  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 44

409 posts
Hey guys been looking through these threads but been having a little trouble finding stuff.. just some quick questions

I'm trying to possibly get a Droid Bionic for my dad to use on AT&T.. He doesn't need Data, but just as a quick question, is it working yet? And Edge voice would work perfectly right?

And can it all be done through software? Or do I need the unlock code from Verizon like for the Droid 2 Global baseband hack?

Thanks guys
10th May 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #113  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayXL14

Hey guys been looking through these threads but been having a little trouble finding stuff.. just some quick questions

I'm trying to possibly get a Droid Bionic for my dad to use on AT&T.. He doesn't need Data, but just as a quick question, is it working yet? And Edge voice would work perfectly right?

And can it all be done through software? Or do I need the unlock code from Verizon like for the Droid 2 Global baseband hack?

Thanks guys

You might have better luck asking this in the Bionic forum. But supposedly they have been able to get it to work just with the RadioComm edit and software patches.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1297714
10th May 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #114  
Easton, PA
Thanks Meter: 171

722 posts
More
Find the carrier unlock code, unlock your device. put in your At&t Sim card, type *#*#4636#*#* in your dialer. This will launch some hidden menus - change radio mode to gsm. Enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to tehgyb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #115  
Flag Vladivostok
Thanks Meter: 60

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehgyb

Find the carrier unlock code, unlock your device. put in your At&t Sim card, type *#*#4636#*#* in your dialer. This will launch some hidden menus - change radio mode to gsm. Enjoy.

Hm, are you sure that it will work? Guys who tried similar switch (hit CDMA) on GSM RAZR XT910 could hardly make their devices "see" GSM network.
10th May 2012, 07:29 AM   |  #116  
Easton, PA
Thanks Meter: 171

722 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theZest

Hm, are you sure that it will work? Guys who tried similar switch (hit CDMA) on GSM RAZR XT910 could hardly make their devices "see" GSM network.

May or may not, tbh I've never tried, I do know the device can activated with global features meaning in it can access vodafones gsm network outside the us, changing the radio setting may work.
The gsm versions have wcdma (think TMobile/AWS band) settings but were never designed to operate on true cdma...

Worst case scenario, it doesn't work, switch it back to cdma and you're back at square 1 lol

11th May 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvillasuso

Actually its pretty easy , no need of Radio Comm

I have a Moto CDMA XT912

Steps :

[optional] Flash this : ICS ROM > http://bit.ly/JW8j8w
[optional] Flash this : GAPPS > http://bit.ly/JW7vAG

Flash this : GSM PATCH > http://bit.ly/JW7Hjd
FLash this : "MAGIC code" lol > http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1336485537

Reboot , and done ! , you'll have GSM enabled [ all bands ]

Hey guys. Just got my hands on the RAZR. I'm getting error 6 when trying to install "MAGIC code". Any tips?
EDIT: Also, has anyone gotten the unlock to FULLY work yet? I just got the MAGIC code to install and now it sees that i'm on AT&T and I can change APN settings but that's about it.
Last edited by 007bond; 11th May 2012 at 01:08 PM.
11th May 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #118  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 858

1,332 posts
More
TBH Band Config Unlock zip Install for Razr
It's not "Magic code".

It is just a zip installation of the NVM edit using the updater-binary from an official OTA update.zip to write the 8 byte string for the band config to NV Item 1877.

The NVM is updated every time you get an OTA in order to increment the version numbers and dates. We just used the binary for our own needs.

So far, we have not had complete success with this on the D4 or Razr on stock hardware with T Mobile or ATT in the US. There appears to be a different form of lock in effect for domestic GSM carriers, because there are many reports of it working with international carriers, at least on D4.

There is a Chinese engineering ICS build that P3droid has running on his eng Razr and everything works out of the box with that radio image. It cannot be loaded on stock hardware unfortunately.
We dumped the entire NVM from it and I have been going through it to find a potential solution. There are many differences in the NVM and it will take some time to work through them to determine their impact.

Edit: I have included the Razr version of the TBH band config zip files for those interested in testing this.

These files MUST be run from Razr bootstrap recovery and NOT Safestrap.
The unlock zip writes the GSM band config string and the relock zip writes the stock string to revert if you need to for any reason.

They do no other modifications to the device and any build.prop edits or additional apns-conf.xml or system libs must be done manually if desired.

Please post back with any information regarding success or failure using these files, thanks!
The files did not upload from my dropbox properly, sorry. I will have to reattach them from PC later.

Edit 2: I reuploaded the files. These have been tested on mine and P3droid's Razrs and should work fine.
As people quickly discovered, the D4 files work on the Razr too, so you can use either. The binaries are compatible and the string is the same. The Chinese ICS build has a slightly altered string that you can also try in RadioComm if desired.
The first 2 bytes are different: 8001E80400000200
Last edited by cellzealot; 12th May 2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: added links for Razr version; reuploaded good files
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #119  
Thanks Meter: 27

128 posts
Do I have to be back to stock to do this razr unlock? Cause I have flashed the three files already but keep getting a bad file can't open message with this unlock.
11th May 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #120  
Thanks Meter: 428

3,196 posts
Would someone please create a new thread with files/instructions/etc? Or will the OP update with current info? I'm very interested and I believe others are too. It's difficult keeping track with what's current or new findings in this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread