Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS-4.0.4] AOKP (KangXperiaProject) | Build-40 | 05/07/12 | Released

Tip us?
 
x10man
Old
#101  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 226
Posts: 788
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Great Paxton, Cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios97 View Post
Bad news my phone's usb port is broken so i can't charge it flash roms and kernels! I will maybe fix but this will take time!
My work-around. External BST-38 charger from amazon for charging. To get ROMS on SD use USB reader or ADB over wifi. Kernels you have to re-solder the USB port. I would but it's a pain with my soldering iron and likely to short the port

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black (Current)
Nexus 7 2012 (RIP 2012-2013, cracked glass and digitiser, too expensive to replace)
Blackberry Curve 9320 (Rest in pieces, as I smashed you with a baseball bat for being so terrible. No clue why I bought one)
Xperia X10 Mini Pro (RIP 2010-2013, dead screen cable)
 
stelios97
Old
#102  
stelios97's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,386
Posts: 1,462
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Famagusta

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by x10man View Post
My work-around. External BST-38 charger from amazon for charging. To get ROMS on SD use USB reader or ADB over wifi. Kernels you have to re-solder the USB port. I would but it's a pain with my soldering iron and likely to short the port

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
I have found usb port on ebay and tools to fix it! I will buy it but it will take 2 or more weeks to get it!
The Following User Says Thank You to stelios97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
matthias1203
Old
#103  
matthias1203's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 676
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Zadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios97 View Post
Bad news my phone's usb port is broken so i can't charge it flash roms and kernels! I will maybe fix but this will take time!
This is how I fix mine. Hope you will fix it.

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336315752881.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1044521  
 
stelios97
Old
#104  
stelios97's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,386
Posts: 1,462
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Famagusta

 
DONATE TO ME
I bought the usb port and tools and i will hopefully have them before the 17th of May!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stelios97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ThiaagoFelix
Old
#105  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro
nAA got the cam working at his rom, maybe you can get the camlib from him.
 
roobeyn
Old
#106  
roobeyn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 438
Posts: 396
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios97 View Post
I have found usb port on ebay and tools to fix it! I will buy it but it will take 2 or more weeks to get it!
Can you please send me the link on ebay for the usb port?
Please press Thanks if I helped! Very appreciated!
 
stelios97
Old
#107  
stelios97's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,386
Posts: 1,462
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Famagusta

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roobeyn View Post
Can you please send me the link on ebay for the usb port?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:L:eek:C:GB:3160
The Following User Says Thank You to stelios97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aulGSMfans
Old
#108  
aulGSMfans's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 100
Join Date: May 2011
Location: São paulo
Sorry, but what's the difference and the advantage between AOKP and CM9?
 
x10man
Old
#109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 226
Posts: 788
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Great Paxton, Cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aulGSMfans View Post
Sorry, but what's the difference and the advantage between AOKP and CM9?
AOKP is ICS built from google sources. Nothing from cyanogenmod whereas CM9 is this and a lot of tweaks on top

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black (Current)
Nexus 7 2012 (RIP 2012-2013, cracked glass and digitiser, too expensive to replace)
Blackberry Curve 9320 (Rest in pieces, as I smashed you with a baseball bat for being so terrible. No clue why I bought one)
Xperia X10 Mini Pro (RIP 2010-2013, dead screen cable)
 
nightwing369
Old
#110  
nightwing369's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 134
Posts: 697
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by x10man View Post
AOKP is ICS built from google sources. Nothing from cyanogenmod whereas CM9 is this and a lot of tweaks on top

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
Ok, so which is better?
Future hopes:
Unlock bootloader, use ICS/JB rom; &/OR get Sony Xperia™ Z OR
Sony Xperia™ V

now: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro - Android: MiniCM7 Pro - V21 by paul-xxx
previous custom rom: 2.1.1.Clean.0.0 by pfonck
before: Sony Ericsson W580i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 7
history: Sony Ericsson K300i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 3; Nokia 3510i - Series 30/40 software platform
vintage: BT Trium - ?


If my post helped you in any way , please click the .Thanks. button!

Tags
4.0.4, aokp, aosp, ics, kang
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes