5,594,151 Members 46,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ICS First Impressions

Tip us?

KCuadrado
Old
Thanks Meter 78
@Docfreed I had that too. Just try to update after it has more than 55% battery left.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

docfreed
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCuadrado View Post
@Docfreed I had that too. Just try to update after it has more than 55% battery left.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Yes - that fixed it. Thanks

misteriro
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Cool Official ICS or Condi's AiO

Hi I just ordered my tab and I was wondering if I should install the official ICS update or use Condi's AiO for prerooted ICS. Besides root and additional rooted features, does anyone know if the custom prerooted ICS fix problems in the official ICS? Will the prerooted ICS be able to get OTA updates in the future?

Thanks for all help and advice!

Mahaco
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriro View Post
Hi I just ordered my tab and I was wondering if I should install the official ICS update or use Condi's AiO for prerooted ICS. Besides root and additional rooted features, does anyone know if the custom prerooted ICS fix problems in the official ICS? Will the prerooted ICS be able to get OTA updates in the future?

Thanks for all help and advice!
If you don't want any risks then you'll have to install the normal update,
If you want root, Then don't you will not be able to gain root anymore fter updating,
If there is a new update available, then you can always retrieve that download and install,
It does not fixes problems, its just modding and changing for fun.

Gramon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default SD Card issue after ICS update

Has anyone else who is unrooted and has done the official update noticed that the SD Card is not Read Only? I've noticed people had this issue on other devices. I talked with Sony Tech Support and they say that it's just working as normal.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to root and change some settings in the root folder but since I was not rooted beforehand and updated, I am out of luck.

Built-in apps like File Transfer still write to it but other apps are hit or miss (mainly miss). I've noticed that Astro can create a new folder but can't delete it.

Mahaco
Old
Thanks Meter 169
I can't remember where i read this but i think its fixed in 4.0.4,
So you must wait for that release, Or wait for de the devs to complete the rooting for unrooted ICS 4.0.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mahaco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]