[ROM][2-23-2012]TPC Note v2 | rooted |deodexed | tweaked

Search This thread

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
I don't care about any of that. What he DID do was create what is perhaps the most smooth and stable GB ROM available for the i717 -- two versions, in fact, not just "one Alpha release."

So, as I said, I'd love to see what a man with his skills could do with ICS.

Real life happens. Whatever he's doing now is fine by me, and I just hope that nothing bad happened to him...

I dont think anybody has debated the quality/smoothness of the rom

And yes real life happens,if thats what you're trying to say about lack of updates/production. But if thats the case, that means no ICS as well, a rom is a rom no matter what version it is

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Until Official ICS update this is it. I keep coming back to this one after ICS leaks

I used this rom, but switched when development fell off, to the latest 1.5Emily,since it had more updates than this rom,its real stable. But Well unfortunately TP is not the only dev that has stopped developing GB roms. This dismays me because none of the ICS roms are truly "stable" to my standards,although new updates/tweaks to the leaked ICS look promising. I thought devs would support GB roms it until official ICS comes out,but hey guess i dont know anything.

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
I dont think anybody has debated the quality/smoothness of the rom

And yes real life happens,if thats what you're trying to say about lack of updates/production. But if thats the case, that means no ICS as well, a rom is a rom no matter what version it is

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I used this rom, but switched when development fell off, to the latest 1.5Emily,since it had more updates than this rom,its real stable. But Well unfortunately TP is not the only dev that has stopped developing GB roms. This dismays me because none of the ICS roms are truly "stable" to my standards,although new updates/tweaks to the leaked ICS look promising. I thought devs would support GB roms it until official ICS comes out,but hey guess i dont know anything.
Flapjaxx's latest ICS ROM, "TheUnofficial 2.0B3," is 100% stable for me, and it's smooth as silk.

ranick01

Nov 11, 2010
Lexington, KY
Why,so he can develop a great Alpha beta ROM, only to never be heard from again????? Like are there no lessons learned, from THIS particular dev at all? Why would you want to get rapped up into his ICS rom, when you know what happens down the line? But since he "does this for free", I guess we should all be greatful for that one Alpha release right?

To each their own, but I now choose to follow devs that show some common courtesy to the many followers of their rom

The guy used to post almost every day and then stopped posting cold turkey. Maybe something happened in his...REAL...life that XDA or your bellyaching isnt a priority anymore.

He mentioned in some posts being busy with family and his business. For all we know his house could have burnt down.

Just aint pleasing some people.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
He mentioned in some posts being busy with family and his business. For all we know his house could have burnt down.

Just aint pleasing some people.

Please spare me the song and dance, we all know sure anything could have happened,never said it wasnt possible,and that issue was addressed already when I spoke on the Rom.

And for the record, despite life changing situations that you suggest could have happneed, he has checked in on XDA several times, he just chose to not respond in here.

But we can end it here. A couple other devs have closed their threads after announcing they would support the rom no more, makes sence. I guess this is open because dev has not said so yet. Wait for it.........and V3.....

V2 rom great,never said it wasnt,I used it until...well you know...

Good luck to you all in your Galaxy Note rom quests.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
To all the people *****ing and complaining: Why don't you all learn how to code and create your own ROM? Developers do this in their spare time, and don't get paid for it. They are not expected to, or required to maintain any kind of development. Developers have lives outside of XDA and the Devs are not here to cater to you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note (SGH-i717) using XDA Premium.

Couldnt agree anymore with this :)

plus this isnt a support forum this is a forum for development
if you have problems with a rom .... dont root simple as that
enjoy your stock

if you do root and flash its on you
not the devs
a dev can leave a rom half working if he wanted to
youre not obligated to flash ;)

rtubbs85

Mar 19, 2010
rosamond
im in need of a little help after i flash through odin my phone does not boot up it just stays at a black screen i even let it sit for like 20 min and nothing.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
im in need of a little help after i flash through odin my phone does not boot up it just stays at a black screen i even let it sit for like 20 min and nothing.

Same thing happened to me
this is what i did to get my phone back up

Odin to stock
flash Touch recovery
Wipe everything then
flashed this back on Odin

worked like a charm :)

Hope it helps

chulerico

Jun 21, 2009
twopumpchump,

Where ever you are, thank you for taking the time to work on this ROM, by far the best one i have use.

Sam

agun21st

Jun 6, 2009
Hi :) Here is a Odin flashable system.img.ext4, it is based on the AT&T Galaxy Note Stock rom. There is not a kernel included with the rom, I would suggest flashing either the rooted stock kernel from Da_G or even better flash his super awesome overclocked kernel. For now, there is only an AT&T version....I need some system dumps from the Rogers and Telus versions in order to make roms for them. If you have one of these phones and are willing to help out send me a pm. If you would like to test my beta versions, come on over to IRC and hang out with Da_G and I there will be plenty of stuff to test.

screenshot

screenshot

v2 changelog

--fixed google music

--added ics bootanimation

--added extended power menu

--added crt off animation

--added sysro and sysrw to /system/xbin/

--enabled tether

--increased dalvik cache to 152m

Changelog v1:

-fully deodexed system and framework

-rooted with su and busybox installed

-some att bloatware removed(most comes from recovery partition, it will be removed later).

-init.d support

-zip align script to auto zip align all new apks

-add lib files to support Da_G's overclock kernel

I recommend you do a factory reset just after flashing with Odin

Download TPC Note ATT v2 - HERE md5sum =408f12c0f95ab1e1a18a3feaa369b8c3

How To Install With Odin:

First...use winrar to unzip the .7zip rom file, inside you will find a pda-xxx.tar file

link not working. I need this file. pls geve me new working link. (http://m-s-j.net/note/TPC_Note_v2_ATT.7z)

Reactions: GT247

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :) Here is a Odin flashable system.img.ext4, it is based on the AT&T Galaxy Note Stock rom. There is not a kernel included with the rom, I would suggest flashing either the rooted stock kernel from Da_G or even better flash his super awesome overclocked kernel. For now, there is only an AT&T version....I need some system dumps from the Rogers and Telus versions in order to make roms for them. If you have one of these phones and are willing to help out send me a pm. If you would like to test my beta versions, come on over to IRC and hang out with Da_G and I there will be plenty of stuff to test.

screenshot

screenshot

v2 changelog

--fixed google music

--added ics bootanimation

--added extended power menu

--added crt off animation

--added sysro and sysrw to /system/xbin/

--enabled tether

--increased dalvik cache to 152m

Changelog v1:

-fully deodexed system and framework

-rooted with su and busybox installed

-some att bloatware removed(most comes from recovery partition, it will be removed later).

-init.d support

-zip align script to auto zip align all new apks

-add lib files to support Da_G's overclock kernel

I recommend you do a factory reset just after flashing with Odin

Download TPC Note ATT v2 - HERE md5sum =408f12c0f95ab1e1a18a3feaa369b8c3

Originally Posted by twopumpchump

You should not have to do a factory reset going from v1 to v2, as long as you reboot into recovery and clear the cache after flash.

How To Install With Odin:

First...use winrar to unzip the .7zip rom file, inside you will find a pda-xxx.tar file

You may need the USB Drivers available here. (Support & Downloads for SGH-I717)

Once the USB Drivers are installed, power off the phone, then hold volume down and power it on, you'll get a screen asking you to hit vol up to continue, do so. This puts the phone in download mode.

Stick the provided pda-xxx.tar in the PDA box of Odin3 1.85, flash away!

Note that this will increase your flash counter, which is presumably used by Samsung as a reason to decline warranty service (not aware of any reports of this occuring yet...?)
    Hey guys/girls, just wanted to give you an update on v3. I have it 80% complete, i am working on it every chance that I get...but between my business and family my time is extremely limited lately. I am doing the best that I can, I will get it out ASAP.
    Does this increase the flash counter please answer!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

How about YOU please READ post one.