Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Fun with resistors (home/car dock mode + more)

OP TheBeano

12th April 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #161  
Flag Centennial, CO
Thanks Meter: 41

383 posts
More
I just finished building a car audio dock cable thanks to a few posts here on XDA. I have an I777 GalaxyS2 from AT&T. I want to run WiFi tether, BlueTooth, and GPS w/ Google Nav, and Auto-Brightness simultaneously and have the phone charge. Currently, I can't do it. The phone seems to be losing charge. Am I reading this thread correctly, and seeing that it isn't possible due to the draw of all those apps/functions? I have a 1A adapter in the car, so it should be getting enough power. Thanks!
26th April 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #162  
In the south.
Thanks Meter: 111

449 posts
uboot vs. hboot
Hello all. I am apologizing in advance, I am a real noob at this and not really on topic or the correct device but I came here after searching uboot bootloader on the net and noone else seems to know what it is or anything about its capabilities.

OK, here goes.

An HTC Sensation phone bought online has UBoot Ver. : 2010.06 bootloader on it (most likely a fake or a clone) and my questions are:

-is it possible to replace uboot with another bootloader such as hboot ?
-what can be done with this uboot ? is it able to flash files ?
-is it able to recieve commands via adb and fastboot so I can replace any .img I want?

Thanks in advance.
3rd May 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #163  
Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 1,899

1,380 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafler

...According to table 6.5 and 5.3 in this pdf file i need to place a 124 k resistor between pin 4 and 5 to enter the right mode. Can anyone confirm this? It seems awfully close to the 121 k used for TTY converter on the I9000, but could that be because the I9000 wasn't really designed to be OTG compliant?

You are confused and didn't read the specifications very carefully (and neither did I). But the specifications say that the 124K value is used between D+ and D-. The values you compare to 121K is between GND and ID_CON!
In addition there are some requirements on the presence of a VBUS...
10th May 2012, 06:19 AM   |  #164  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
hi folks,

I wonder if somebody was able to use the resistor combinations RID_AUD_REMOTE_S*_BTN to control some of the standard MP3 players on Galaxy S2.
Second is does somebody tried to apply the corresponding voltage values with a DAC.
I'm asking because I think of making a Bridge between my Car-CAN.BUS and the RID-Pin to be able to control the S2 via the Steering Wheel Switches. All I would then need is a 4-5 pin micro translating the Steering Wheel Messages into DAC-Values in car/dock Mode.
That would be cool:
Just stick the USB-Cable into the mounted S2, Car-Audio goes into AUX-Mode (automatic) and shuffling through the MP3 collection without taking hands of the Steering Wheel while the S2 is charged.

What do you think about that?

Regards
Kasinator
10th May 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #165  
Flag Centennial, CO
Thanks Meter: 41

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasinatorHH

hi folks,

I wonder if somebody was able to use the resistor combinations RID_AUD_REMOTE_S*_BTN to control some of the standard MP3 players on Galaxy S2.
Second is does somebody tried to apply the corresponding voltage values with a DAC.
I'm asking because I think of making a Bridge between my Car-CAN.BUS and the RID-Pin to be able to control the S2 via the Steering Wheel Switches. All I would then need is a 4-5 pin micro translating the Steering Wheel Messages into DAC-Values in car/dock Mode.
That would be cool:
Just stick the USB-Cable into the mounted S2, Car-Audio goes into AUX-Mode (automatic) and shuffling through the MP3 collection without taking hands of the Steering Wheel while the S2 is charged.

What do you think about that?

Regards
Kasinator

Any music app out there would have to be programmed to "listen" for the remote signals. None out there do that (as far as I know). This is simply because this is a Samsung only remote. Because Android hardware is so fragmented, no manufacturer can come out with something that will work with all devices (Like in the Apple world). It's a shame, but whaddayagonnado.
10th May 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #166  
Thanks Meter: 61

520 posts
Would a loud audio file played through the headphone port be enough to drive an LED? If so, would any components other than the LED and headphone connector be required?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
10th May 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #167  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiuk

Would a loud audio file played through the headphone port be enough to drive an LED? If so, would any components other than the LED and headphone connector be required?

Voltage on headphone out could be sufficient to drive LED but that is depending on the Uf Voltage of the certain LED that is mostly color dependant.
But: actual smartphone do sensing what load is attached to the output: Line-Out / headphones have different impedances. So the phones might adapt drive strength and maybe equalizer setting. Can't predict how the Smartphone will perform.
Usually the headphone outputs should be short-circuit protected so you shouldn't be able to destroy something by attaching LED. But do it at your own risk.
Just try it .
12th August 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #168  
Flag Pasig
Thanks Meter: 17

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are these the same resistor values to use with a Galaxy Note?
14th August 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #169  

4 posts
Thumbs up
Worked very fine.

Thanks for your fine work
7th October 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #170  
Thanks Meter: 8

56 posts
More
Car dock mode (619k):

No problem with Galaxy Note 1, but the new Galaxy Note 2 isn't switching to car mode and there is no charging! When I remove the 619k-resistor the Note 2 is charging in the car dock (but of course no car mode).

What is the correct resistor for the Note 2?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread