Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Spica stuck in bootscreen after update

Tip us?

Iniesta89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Spica stuck in bootscreen after update

Hello everyone,

Today I bought an used Samsung Galaxy Spica from a friend as a backup phone for my HTC One X. It had Android 1.5 installed so i tried to update it to Android 2.1. I tried to update it with KIES or PC Studio, but it both failed. I still dont know why.

So I searched on the web and found out that you could update it with ODIN.

So I used this tutorial with the included files. http://www.greaky.com/2010/02/samsun...ndroid-21.html

But when it reboots I get a image of a phone with a exclamation. I also tried the Flash 1, Flash 2 and Flash 3 method, but in the end when it reboots it gets stuck at the samsung screen with a filled bar.

What am I doing wrong guys?

Soenisti
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Default Suckup SpiceGenMod RC1

Have you been here yet?

Search on google for suckup.de and samdroid and you'll get there.

Tends to be the most stable ROM and also the best guide on how to get a good stock version in plus then root and install the ROM itself.

Otherwise the forum for Spica is over at samdroid.net

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

btw, if you still get stuck at the bar after resetting then let me know.

It could be extra kernel files or similar causing the boot problem or any manner of things but if you can get to recovery then try doing a wipe of everything from the main menu plus the advanced menu... Otherwise reset back to stock via Odin, but make sure you use the right one for your region, then root, then install a ROM.

And don't forget to sipe caches and dalvik AFTER installing the ROM!

sikmapatatas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniesta89 View Post

But when it reboots I get a image of a phone with a exclamation. I also tried the Flash 1, Flash 2 and Flash 3 method, but in the end when it reboots it gets stuck at the samsung screen with a filled bar.
we got the same problem....
can anyone help us?

Soenisti
Old
Thanks Meter 276
That normally means the kernel can't boot the OS.

I normally go into recovery, advanced then wipe dalvik-cache and battery stats then back to main menu and wipe cache then reboot again.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Or, phone with exclamation is normally download mode. Have you tried using Odin with the spica settings file to re-flash a stock firmware to reset? Then root it agian and ROM it after that? ie start from scratch with 2.1/2.2 and ditch 1.5 all together?