Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07.05.12] SRKI's AOKP Beta 3 - Milestone 5 [Fast|Batterylife|BT|wifi|init.d]

Tip us?

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydegeneration View Post
When running option 21: should we pick Nullify or Un-nullify?

Also, is this needed if we flash the OOM script Srkineo provided in the downloads section?
It used to be that you could do everything with the supercharger script and you didn't need that OOM-priority zip. But in ICS things are more difficult. If you just flash the patch in the OP you should reach 50% supercharged. This adjusts the out of memory groupings and makes the launcher very stable in memory (so no launcher redraws). You get another 50% by adjusting the minfree values. The two pieces together tries to make sure that you always have some free memory and that the you clean out "inactive" processes more intelligently. The more aggressive you are in the minfree settinds (super is most aggressive) the fewer lags you should see in a single program (playing a game for example) but you may have issues keeping a lot of apps open at the same time.

For the nitro lag nullifier (#21) you want to nullify (N).

Even if after all this you still have lags, you can set up the engine flush script to run every few hours using a task scheduler like cron or tasker. This script is part of the supercharger script and it will try and free up as much memory as possible, including clearing out the cache.
The Following User Says Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Borat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a problem with call, when i'm taking with someone it's so quiet, when i'm in work i don't hear him, any suggests?

Sorry for my english

sameq
Old
(Last edited by sameq; 10th May 2012 at 10:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srkineo View Post
well it not entirely new that the kernel did support it (ive been talking to sirkay in his kernel thread). So yeh, its good news that its only a software problem^^

Im currently working on getting a working port of ICS SEMC camera(and FM-radio) from SE's official update. Its been ported to AOSP before (arc&neo).. so im hoping those ports work on Ray^^ talking to those dev's now

And with the flashable zip in OP?
Im sorry but what exactly means "OP", and btw i dont see any zip file

the zip in OP does not need anything else. No apps etc (why I like it, no extra overhead).
Ok i found what is OP

mydegeneration
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
It used to be that you could do everything with the supercharger script and you didn't need that OOM-priority zip. But in ICS things are more difficult. If you just flash the patch in the OP you should reach 50% supercharged. This adjusts the out of memory groupings and makes the launcher very stable in memory (so no launcher redraws). You get another 50% by adjusting the minfree values. The two pieces together tries to make sure that you always have some free memory and that the you clean out "inactive" processes more intelligently. The more aggressive you are in the minfree settinds (super is most aggressive) the fewer lags you should see in a single program (playing a game for example) but you may have issues keeping a lot of apps open at the same time.

For the nitro lag nullifier (#21) you want to nullify (N).

Even if after all this you still have lags, you can set up the engine flush script to run every few hours using a task scheduler like cron or tasker. This script is part of the supercharger script and it will try and free up as much memory as possible, including clearing out the cache.
So I flashed the oop script add-on and ran supercharger options you recommended.

How can I confirm my supercharge script works?

strykme
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
I contacted FXP team, and they themselves dont have copies of old releases anymore.. do you still have a flashable rom of theirs where BT worked for you? im pritty sure I could make you a fix if you could upload it somewhere.
Srkineo,
I am also an owner of x10 mini and still flash and play with it.
there are 2 great developers there, nobodyAtall and stelios97, both have working BT audio. may be you can reach out to them and they can point you in the right direction on fixing the BT problem.

nobodyAtall cm9 based rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629334

stelios97 AOKP rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562915

mydegeneration
Old
Thanks Meter 13
@Sirkineo

hey, your rom got a review in czech! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbuvIBwmaEk
The Following User Says Thank You to mydegeneration For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydegeneration View Post
So I flashed the oop script add-on and ran supercharger options you recommended.

How can I confirm my supercharge script works?
The script will tell you....run the script, first it will make sure you have a good version of busybox and some other stuff....then it will ask you to hit enter and a whole bunch of stuff will show up on the screen. Scroll up and you will see the which parts of the script are working and which are not.....

I am not sure that there is an official benchmark, but things should open up faster and some window flings will be snappier (for example in the Titanium Backup and Restore window).

@semeq: OP could either be the first post in a thread (original post) or the person who started the thread (original poster).
The Following User Says Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Srkineo
Old
(Last edited by Srkineo; 11th May 2012 at 05:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay View Post
ahh forgot to mention. AOKP for neo said they had video record using my kernel if am not mistaken. check it out kormatoes thread, mayb u found something useful

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
owh yeh right, I forgot about that.. do you mean this kernel? (ok wanted to make 'this' a link.... searching for the post) >> PM'd kormatoes about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameq View Post
Ok i found what is OP
OP is firstpost the start of the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
The script will tell you....run the script, first it will make sure you have a good version of busybox and some other stuff....then it will ask you to hit enter and a whole bunch of stuff will show up on the screen. Scroll up and you will see the which parts of the script are working and which are not.....

I am not sure that there is an official benchmark, but things should open up faster and some window flings will be snappier (for example in the Titanium Backup and Restore window).

@semeq: OP could either be the first post in a thread (original post) or the person who started the thread (original poster).
benchmarks like quadrant dont show difference.. but supercharging works with chaning oom values of apps (basicly decision to kill or not kill an app to free memory). But somehow it makes stuff more fluid.. would make sense that if memory is already free (or never KILLED, low OOM value) the device doesnt need time to delete stuff then put new stuff it.. you can start by putting in = efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykme View Post
Srkineo,
I am also an owner of x10 mini and still flash and play with it.
there are 2 great developers there, nobodyAtall and stelios97, both have working BT audio. may be you can reach out to them and they can point you in the right direction on fixing the BT problem.

nobodyAtall cm9 based rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629334

stelios97 AOKP rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562915
BRILLIANT!! 2nd post gives me idea to fix bluetooth A2dp and wpa-supplicants (wifi tether) too!

[edit]ok, the guy that made that ROM is really really skilled... couldnt get radio working from it.. nor camera.. bluetooth is next.. gonna ask him some tips thought[/edit]

@mydegeneration, lawls.. thats kinda cool

experimental bluetooth patch.zip << before flashing, CWM backup.. its created from files @ MiniCM9-3.0.1 (file is attached)
Attached Files
File Type: zip experimental bluetooth patch.zip - [Click for QR Code] (583.7 KB, 6 views)
Used to be the maintainer of SRKI's AOKP for Xperia Ray

Phones: HTC Dream (standby SIM be), HTC Desire (Work sim), SE Xperia Ray (BE sim), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (drinking phone:P), LG G2 (NL private SIM)

guardante
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
owh yeh right, I forgot about that.. do you mean this kernel? (ok wanted to make 'this' a link.... searching for the post) >> PM'd kormatoes about it

benchmarks like quadrant dont show difference.. but supercharging works with chaning oom values of apps (basicly decision to kill or not kill an app to free memory). But somehow it makes stuff more fluid.. would make sense that if memory is already free (or never KILLED, low OOM value) the device doesnt need time to delete stuff then put new stuff it.. you can start by putting in = efficient.

BRILLIANT!! 2nd post gives me idea to fix bluetooth A2dp and wpa-supplicants (wifi tether) too!

[edit]ok, the guy that made that ROM is really really skilled... couldnt get radio working from it.. nor camera.. bluetooth is next.. gonna ask him some tips thought[/edit]

experimental bluetooth patch.zip << before flashing, CWM backup.. its created from files @ MiniCM9-3.0.1 (file is attached)
Experimental patch does not work at all. Nothing changed. Sadness....

sirkay
Old
Thanks Meter 2135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

can it work to sony 2011 devices? X10 mini is kinda old. driver might be different. maybe you can ask stellios and naA how to get bluetooth work with correct device driver

HTML Code:
[IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39034447/sigs.png[/IMG]
| Sony Ericsson W880i
xKernel Ray | xKernel Arc | xKernel Neo | xKernel V?? coming soon | Git | Basebands

Tags
aokp, ray