[App] Flipboard Galaxy S3 exclusive... now for all!

Search This thread

raines43

Mar 14, 2008
Just installed it and it runs absolutely sweet on the Note. Great app. Thanks anjath.

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Sorry for my noobish question, but what does that apk actually do?

EDITED: Found it, just ignore me.

AA1973

http://blog.gsmarena.com/review-fli...zine-like-web-browsing-on-the-smaller-screen/
"Flipboard is a digital magazine-like application that combines all of your Facebook, Twitter, website news, articles, photos and more into one live feed for simple (and gorgeous) browsing from one dedicated place. It used to be an iPad exclusive up until the other day when Flipboard launched a version for the iPhone too and we thought we’d take it for a spin and do a little impromptu review of it.... " :)

Galaxy Note N7000 • GB.XXLC1

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
It looks nice and pretty, but I think I prefer Pulse, or even Currents because you can see more stories at a glance.

Pulse you can see the most stories at a glance, but not much info on each to know whether it would be of interest.
Currents you can see more info in each stories preview, but fewer stories at a glance.

With Flipboard you have to flip through every single story individually.
They only put 1 story per page, and 66% of the page is taken up with a picture. If they put more text on each page, it might give you a better idea of whether you want to go into the article.

It does have some magazines not on Pulse or Currents though, so I'll probably keep it and use it for them.

gattari

Aug 24, 2010
It looks nice and pretty, but I think I prefer Pulse, or even Currents because you can see more stories at a glance.

Pulse you can see the most stories at a glance, but not much info on each to know whether it would be of interest.
Currents you can see more info in each stories preview, but fewer stories at a glance.

With Flipboard you have to flip through every single story individually.
They only put 1 story per page, and 66% of the page is taken up with a picture. If they put more text on each page, it might give you a better idea of whether you want to go into the article.

It does have some magazines not on Pulse or Currents though, so I'll probably keep it and use it for them.

The estetic appeal of this apps is great.
If the apps will be able to read rss it is perfect.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

benthian89

Nov 29, 2010
If someone could mod a black background for this app would be great. White eats battery

Sent from my GT-N7000

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
One app I always wanted since seeing that in iphone.
Totally awesome to follow news.
Thank you so much.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
I really wanna like this app..

Looks great but its inaccurate as hell...I flip through fb posts and half the time when I click one it goes to a post that isn't even close to the one I picked!! Very annoying!

Makes it useless but it looks great.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Reactions: mark manning

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
After about a day's use, i love it. I'm used to Pulse so it was weird to only see one article per page, but after "ignoring" the "Pulse way of doing things", it's freaking awesome. Love it.

Btw, make sure to make an account so you can add many many more sources :)

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Great little app. Not interested in the Facebook and the Twitter integration, I have third party apps for that. Really aesthetically pleasing though, and is beautifully smooth on the Note :D

Sent from my White Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

Higgsy

Oct 16, 2009
Smethvegas
After using all day, the only issue is even after selecting the uk as my area its still chucking up loads of US news, which to be fair I couldn't care a less about (no offence meant), but suppose I'm learning something;). All in all i love it and I actually think the facebook integration is pretty good.

Edit: just discovered the mute option to mute certain authors and also a news (uk edition):D

Edit 2: I do seem to get force closes on some news items from particular authors when trying to view a story. Telegraph uk is one

Last edited:

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
It's a little annoying that it doesn't save your place if you hit the back button.

A few times I've hit back by mistake and then when you go back into a magazine you have to scroll all the way to where you were before.

Having more pictures is nice for some types of magazines, but for news and tech articles I'd rather just have more info and less gloss.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
I been playing with it for about 30 minutes now. I couldn't leave it once I started exploring. This is exactly what I needed as social media ,news and rss are all in one place in a comfortable and conventional style. I am convinced to uninstall pulse, feedly, google reader and all those news apps. Thank you so much for making this possible. Is this a Samsung app originally?

I hope you can port all those apps one by one from Sg3. Graditudes

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia
To anyone having trouble with this app, check that you do not have forced GPU acceleration in developer options. It caused a lot of issues for me but is now running perfectly now I've disabled it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1644212

Cool App. Directly extracted from Galaxy S3. Haven't installed it yet but the app is really cool from the reviews i saw. :)
    I really wanna like this app..

Looks great but its inaccurate as hell...I flip through fb posts and half the time when I click one it goes to a post that isn't even close to the one I picked!! Very annoying!

Makes it useless but it looks great.

Sent from my GT-N7000