Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

Tip us?

mankokoma
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Johnes View Post
You want to say, your phone boots without a battery or it show 60% after battery being detached (how described in this manual)? Mine did not. It didn't boot, it shows 100% after detach.
booting without battery? maybe it works for the motorola as described in that thread (big condenser inside??)...
"Battery calibration" is a myth - it depends all on the driver in the kernel... (hillbeasts test002 lagfree max. 700MHz seems to be good - stock-driver???)
The right handling of the battery is important.... after oneandahalf year my phone suddenly had a backup of NOT more than 12 to 18 hours...
So it was obviously damaged as the back-cover did not close right anymore - the battery was swollen.
So I bought a new one from a special shop in Berlin and the guy explained how to do it BEST:
  • first three loads from 4200 to 0 "mV"
  • IMPORTANT: do not unplug until it's really full!!!
  • after that three loads (which are the most important for the rest of the whole "life" of the battery!!), keep it between ~40 and ~90 % of load.
everything is fine again. Lasts now for 3 days with normal use (cm7.2 alpha8.1a without animations, calling, mms, wifi, little 3G and GPS)
Keep in mind it is not a perpetual motion machine
The Following User Says Thank You to mankokoma For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

affection788
Old
Thanks Meter 13
hey i am using test 002 kernel and the menu and back key lights are always on....
how do i turn it off ?

pratikmore
Old
Thanks Meter 665

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by affection788 View Post
hey i am using test 002 kernel and the menu and back key lights are always on....
how do i turn it off ?
Just download Bln installer.zip and apply by recovery.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

radek.god
Old
(Last edited by radek.god; 10th May 2012 at 10:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankokoma View Post
everything is fine again. Lasts now for 3 days with normal use (cm7.2 alpha8.1a without animations, calling, mms, wifi, little 3G and GPS)
Keep in mind it is not a perpetual motion machine
WHAAAAT ? Are You kidding me ?

- sometimes I cant call as phone show something like "no network" even full signal and no problem at another phone or after restart at SAME place
- wifi - same bug with wifi error when try to enable it (same error in kernel like at Fugumod 1366 MHz kernel)
- wifi - cant join to some AP - restart does not help, another phone has no problem with connection at SAME time, after reflash to Froyo all works correctly
- GPS - absolutelly unusable, does not work at ALL, I cant use aGPS, so with CM7.2 alpha8.1a I can say "phone has no GPS feature ... "
- Bluetooth does not work at ALL (no services usable, even it show paired at file transfer usage )
- most/all sensors has some weird bug or does not work correctly
- camera and barcode apps does not work at ALL

cache, even full reset does NOT solve any of those problem

I used CM7 a7 with 1.3 HV kernel few months as daily ROM.GPS was nearly unusable
When I updated to CM 7.2 a.8.1a, phone went to worst garbage like Samusng Froyo produced because of malfunctions.

But I need GPS, so I had to revert to crap froyo

I have no idea what is wrong at CM7.2 , but I hope there will be some new CM7/CM9 sources soon so it is only question of time when this GREAT project will move to BETA PHASe

Good luck to all develepers EXcluded Samsung ***** company

artifex21
Old
Thanks Meter 134
GPS works fine for me...Locks in 2-3 mins and has a stable connection...

TheCreat
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifex21 View Post
GPS works fine for me...Locks in 2-3 mins and has a stable connection...
That night be called "working acceptable", but not "fine". Locking in 2-5 seconds (not minutes) is working fine.

I've tried pretty much everything by now to get it to lock fast(er), still no luck. Froyo remains the way to go if you need a really fast lock. I can currently live with a few minutes lock time, it's just a bit inconvenient at times. It also still loses the GPS signal occasionally when used continuously, but it hasn't been too bad lately.

Swyped on my Galaxy 3
Active: Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 running OmniRom (Nightly)
Retired: Samsung Galaxy 3 I5800 with kernel: G3Mod 2.5 @ 1000 MHz

artifex21
Old
Thanks Meter 134
For CM7 locking i 2-3 minutes is fine for me..On froyo o could get a lock in 5 sec..But GPS doesn't really matters to me,cause i have real GPS in my car
The Following User Says Thank You to artifex21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kyrillos13
Old
(Last edited by kyrillos13; 13th May 2012 at 08:33 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,094

DONATE TO ME
@Marcellusbe, i think that CyanogenMod 7.2 RC2 is released. May we see an updated version of your port?

PS: Also check this bug: The ringtone doesn't loop.

S4 Mini LTE Black Edition powered by CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightly

DEV - Galaxy Ace 2 firmware: KYRILLOSv9.JB.XXMG2 (Android 4.1.2)
DEV - Galaxy 3 firmware: Kyrillos' ROM v10.6 (Android 2.3.7) // Kyrillos' ROM v9.7.1 (Android 2.2)

Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up here and get 2.5GB for free!!
Copy is the easiest way to store, protect, and share all your amazing things! Sign up here and get 20GB for free!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kyrillos13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

(.)
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Default say thank you

@Marcellusbe

Thanks in the name of every user for your work.

You are laying the ground for us!

We love it!

Thanks for your efforts!

I will donate you some money, when everything works properly - could be allready next version, because I'm pretty satisfied allready!

Thanks agaiN!

Do you like to share ALL your private files/data to strangers?
Like your actual Contacts, SMS, MMS, Emails, Photos, Videos, GPS Position, Notes, Passwords...

Everything of these can be easy downloaded in the backround with normal looking apps from your normal unsecured android smartphone!

Did you know that?

to secure your smartphone, read on:

Android Security Warning!

Android Privacy

mrdjibrilo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
If someone could take a look at this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1653181

Tags
7.1, 7.2, cm7, custom rom, cyanogenmod, gingerbread