[APP] GooManager Beta official thread
The official app of Goo.im
We have spent a lot of time getting the server side changes in place to automatically parse our developer's rom files to grab data to make a functional OTA update system without the need for editing manifest files, or other tedious tasks. This is our attempt at creating a way for Android developers to simply publish material, and distribute it to the masses without any hassle.
This app is and will always be FREE!
- Ability to browse and search all of the files we have on our site, and download directly to your mobile device.
- Receive OTA style updates from your favorite rom developers that we have hosted here.
- CyanogenMod nightly build update support
- Incremental (differential) rom updates for sequential builds
- Flashing roms & installing recoveries
- Update gApps packages
If you would like to sideload the app on your phone and avoid the market, we distribute the APK by itself, and also as a prebuilt repo maintained by solarnz(github.com/solarnz)
Are you a rom developer wanting to publish your work with our updating system?
To get your rom compatible with our updating system, you should make the appropriate changes to your build.props. For more information on this system, see the link below (sorry it's not clickable but i need 8 posts!)
(For developers who are curious about how to modify their build prop file for compatibility with GooManager)
GooManager download page
(To download the actual app)
- DownloadManager API is buggy on Gingerbread
- Installing OpenRecoveryScript on devices that do not support flash_image and do not have a /cache/recovery/command supported recovery will fail
Feel free to post them in this thread, but as my time is limited and Goo.im/GooManager's code is just something I do in my free time, there are simply not enough hours in the day to address them all
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Why is _________ phone/tablet not supported?
- Chris Solarnz (For his java advice and contributions)
- Mike Wielgosz (For contributing to the rom reordering and listing code)
- Dees_Troy for all of his amazing work on OpenRecoveryScript and TWRP
- eyeballer (For countless nights of helping test stuff, and awesome suggestions)
- Shift (For the market icon)
- Drmacinyasha (For all the testing / anal retentive bug reporting)
- toastcfh (For helping bounce lots of ideas around)
- EVERYONE ELSE I PROBABLY LEFT OUT!
In order to offer us flexibility without compromising other software such as rom manager premium, etc we did not want to rely on /cache/recovery/extendedcommands. At the time of developing the flash automation features, extended commands were licensed to RM only and it would have been illegal to use them. Since then, the license has changed, but we still feel it is the best direction to have our own since we can change it to fit our needs.
Why does this not work with my recovery i downloaded from Rom Manager?
CWM and CWM touch builds distributed by rom manager ONLY WORK WITH ROM MANAGER SO STOP ASKING!!!! #@$#@$#
Why are incremental updates only available for some roms?
Incremental updates are enabled on a per rom-device basis. Not all builds are even capable of this, since wipe can be required. It is at the discretion of the developer to toggle this as needed.
If you are a developer and would like to sign up: goo.im/signup
If you are a recognized developer, chances are you will get approved. (Note not all buildbox applicants are approved, and you may get only hosting)