XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP! Unknown issue.

Tip us?

ch4dwick92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP! Unknown issue.

I have a galaxy s2 skyrocket, yes it is rooted.
My phone ran out of juice last night and I started to charge it.
I had class at 12, woke up at 11 so I turned off my phone to make it charge quicker. a few minutes later it was on. I tired turning it off to no avail. It turns off and comes right back on. I then tried to put it into usb mode so I could copy a few songs onto it....It wouldnt go into usb mode (it recognized the charge, but not the fact it was plugged into a pc) Kies wouldnt recognize it.
Did 3 factory resets, didnt work still same issues.
Also, it wont go into download mode, just vibrates every few seconds until i let go.
any help is appreciated.

Wickidmasshole
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4dwick92 View Post
I had class at 12, woke up at 11 so I turned off my phone to make it charge quicker. a few minutes later it was on. I tired turning it off to no avail. It turns off and comes right back on. I then tried to put it into usb mode so I could copy a few songs onto it....It wouldnt go into usb mode (it recognized the charge, but not the fact it was plugged into a pc) Kies wouldnt recognize it.
Also, it wont go into download mode, just vibrates every few seconds until i let go.
any help is appreciated.

Are you running an ICS rom or on GB rom or stock with root?

ch4dwick92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Stock GB with a root.

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2192

DONATE TO ME
What do you mean ran out of juice? It went completely dead and shut off?

LuneBear
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4dwick92 View Post
any help is appreciated.
That's odd issue. Lets see did ya try to chose the option phone in USB debugging mode then plug your usb cable and check if you get the usb mass storage in the notification bar so you can activate it from there? Also check the drivers in your pc just in case. Sorry if my English sounds bad english not my natal language.

pc103
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Every action that failed is cable dependent. Try a different "known good" USB cable, or test your same cable with another smartphone. Test On/off while connected, Mass Storage PC connection and Download Mode if possible.