Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instagram on ics

Tip us?

jayRokk
Old
Thanks Meter 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddBlazed View Post
I'll test some more tomorrow. People in collectives leak thread have stated certain things work and certain things FC. Again, it worked a couple times for me, but that isn't enough testing. Could be just lucky the 2 times I tried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
I will test tonight

If your signature says something like "Hit the thanks button if I've helped," I automatically assume you're here for "likes" and really care about imaginary internet points.
You're on the wrong site. Don't be that person. Its ridiculous.

nique0201
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayRokk View Post
I will test tonight

Yes please let me know ots the only think keeping me pff ics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

MaddBlazed
Old
(Last edited by MaddBlazed; 10th May 2012 at 05:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nique0201 View Post
Yes please let me know ots the only think keeping me pff ics

It's fickle. Let's me edit, put a filter, put a caption, when it posts it posts black, once in a few tries it posts. I would wait unless you like trying over and over.

Edit, only filter I can get to post is lo-fi

dcemtp1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Same, post but black... I haven't had any filter that post clearly, not one of mine has posted...

jayRokk
Old
Thanks Meter 1907
Same thing ... I've tried different methods like uploading from different picture galleries and different cameras and one in a while picture will go thru but 90% of the time it just uploads black image ...

Its a step up from not uploading and crashing to at least uploading something...

Hopefully next leak/release will have it fully working

If your signature says something like "Hit the thanks button if I've helped," I automatically assume you're here for "likes" and really care about imaginary internet points.
You're on the wrong site. Don't be that person. Its ridiculous.

ReggieSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0nine View Post
Instagram works fine for me on ICS also, but the problem lies in uploading a picture and applying a filter. It locks up the phone and causes a reboot.
That's funny... I would think that if it won't let you do what it is designed to do then it doesn't "work just fine."

ssvyper
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Dang, I just got on ICS and noticed the same thing everyone's experiencing.

Running ICS Objection UCLD3 and it's hanging/crashing/screen-flashing/rebooting on the filter screen.

Iphony89
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvyper View Post
Dang, I just got on ICS and noticed the same thing everyone's experiencing.

Running ICS Objection UCLD3 and it's hanging/crashing/screen-flashing/rebooting on the filter screen.
Yup if it's a must have for you then I suggest using a gb rom, personally i'm ok with just browsing for now, just can't see myself using the note without ICS anymore. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
yollasho Old
(Last edited by yollasho; 11th May 2012 at 05:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter
Finally tried Instagram to see why everyone wants it.

Screen flashing and lockups on filter screen, phone unusable had to reboot. Perfection Objection ICS - though I'm sure this isn't news to anyone.

Doesn't Vignette do all of this stuff plus more? Is there some social aspect I'm overlooking? I can upload to FB, and auto sync to G+ and sugarsync. Vignette saves in full resolution too. Granted you'd have to tweak the filter settings and save your various setups to get the right amount of hipster/vintage. But at least it works and has worked forever. These are built in defaults below.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

esincho
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by yollasho View Post
Finally tried Instagram to see why everyone wants it.

Screen flashing and lockups on filter screen, phone unusable had to reboot. Perfection Objection ICS - though I'm sure this isn't news to anyone.

Doesn't Vignette do all of this stuff plus more? Is there some social aspect I'm overlooking? I can upload to FB, and auto sync to G+ and sugarsync. Vignette saves in full resolution too. Granted you'd have to tweak the filter settings and save your various setups to get the right amount of hipster/vintage. But at least it works and has worked forever. These are built in defaults below.

For me it's all about the social side of it. I don't even use the filters, I use picsay pro. It's all about the networking aspect on my end, a tool like twitter, fb ect for my business
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Note
HTC My Touch 4G
HTC Nexus One
HTC HD2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esincho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]