Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock Verizon HTC Trophy?

Tip us?

fad4507
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Unlock Verizon HTC Trophy?

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could please help me with an issue I am having with my HTC Trophy (locked for Verizon)
I am looking to unlock it to use with a Trinidadian SIM card for when I return home, but it is prompting me for an unlock code when I put the phone into GSM mode. It says "This SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code"

On Global Mode it also says locked/PIN required, on CDMA it does not show a carrier but will prompt me over to Verizon customer support to activate the phone (which I do not want to do)

I called Verizon; they won't give me an unlock code and the Unlock-code eBay the sellers I have contacted said it MUST have a 14 digit code; but I only have 13...
I am attaching a photo of the information of my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
photo link (no space between http) http ://c1205.hizliresim.com/x/c/5nlrq.jpg

TheXev
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Check the inside of the phone, under the battery to see if there is another digit to your IMEI.. it has 14 digits in your photo.. so I don't know why you'd think there was only 13 O_o.. that's the number you need.

I wonder if anyone knows a good service for doing this on Trophy 7 for Verizon. I know mwang has his security unlocked to use his on T-Mobile., I wonder if he used a service?

Verizon will normally provide you with an unlock code if you have service with them, and you tell them you are traveling internationally.
If anything I have posted has helped you, please remember to press the "thanks" button!

Current Phones: HTC Eris, HTC Trophy 7 (SparkW)
Current Rom: XevRev Beta ?? lol
Current Employment: Crap

Try XevRev for Spark_W! It just works.
In need of a HTC Touch (Vogue) ROM that doesn't crash every 5 mins? Try XevRev_V series!

Enjoy XevRev? Please donate because I'm poor! (Seriously, I am.)

Follow me on twitter @RisingStart!

Thanks to everyone who has donated to me!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheXev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fad4507
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ah sorry I meant the eBay unlock code sellers told me I would need a 15 digit, not a 14 digit IMEI to unlock this dual CDMA/GSM device. However I found a seller that was able to do it; r.ebay.com/FYDQfX

and now; SUCCESS img: e1205.hizliresim.com/x/f/5tm57.jpg

fad4507
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also to clarify; what was causing me grief was that by dialing *#06# gives you the MEID, which starts with 'A' and to my knowledge is not used to unlock a dual CDMA/GSM device.

bilink
Old
Thanks Meter 0
IF you press *#06# you should be getting 17 digits.
You can also check the Settings sections in mobile, that will also show you the IMEI number, or remove battery from the phone, it should be printed on white sticker.
Thanks

Dalulz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just used an unlock code from the eBay seller mentioned in the above post; worked perfectly! The only issue I'm having now is that I'm only getting Edge wireless. I set it to use 3g and GSM on my HTC Trophy using a Straight Talk sim, but it just connects to the Edge network instead. The APN I'm using is att.mvno

Any suggestions? I know the Verizon Trophy supports HSPA+ 2100MHz

Did you ever get 3g on your phone Fad?

TheXev
Old
(Last edited by TheXev; 30th May 2012 at 05:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, try this. Go to the market, HTC.. then download/install "Connection Setup." Run that app and set it to whatever carrier you are using. That should get everything up and running for you.

If you still aren't getting 3G data speeds, check Straight Talk's coverage map and see if 3G is offered in your area. Straight Talk uses AT&T towers in many areas, and I know in my area... 3G is a no go.
If anything I have posted has helped you, please remember to press the "thanks" button!

In need of a HTC Touch (Vogue) ROM that doesn't crash every 5 mins? Try XevRev_V series!

The Following User Says Thank You to TheXev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dalulz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much for the response!

I did a lot of reading on the HTC Connection Setup app, and it should help those that are using T-mobile or AT&T, however, it does not have a Straight Talk profile, which is the carrier I'm using; apparently it doesn't work with .mvno APNs very well.

However, they have been bombarded with Straight Talk customers asking for support, and it's only a matter of time before they add one, supposedly.

I've spoken with a few other HTC Trophy users and all of them were also able to get their phones unlocked, but they could only get Edge data as well. Hopefully the connection setup app will help them!

TheXev
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Try contacting Stiaght Talk for the apns. They should be able to provide them to you... Then post them here. ;)

Dalulz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, unfortunately the HTC Connection Setup app does not allow you to manually edit the APN. It only allows you to select a preset one and as I said before, they do not have a Straight Talk profile as of now.

The only editing you can do on a Windows Phone without an app, is just the actual APN, Proxy, Port, Username, and Password. You cannot edit the MMS APN settings sadly enough.

The APN settings for Straight Talk are the following:

APN: att.mvno
MMS APN: att.mvno
MMSC: I'll have to edit when I have permission to post an http link
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
Max Size: 600

Leave the rest of the settings blank, this has worked on other smartphones for full data speeds and MMS compatibility.

I have since factory reset my HTC Trophy and tried connecting to Straight Talk and AT&T with data above Edge, this was unsuccessful; a reset will not fix the radio. The only thing I can think of is that when HTC and Verizon pushed the Mango update on the Trophy, it changed the radio since it is suppose to support AT&T's spectrum. I purchased an HTC Titan on eBay and am now using that as my phone; I'm getting full HSPA+ speeds. The only issue with Straight Talk on Windows Phone is the MMS APN settings, I cannot receive picture or video text messages since it cannot be edited.

Hopefully HTC will add a Straight Talk profile, or allow its customers to change the settings Manually within the App.

Good luck to anyone with an unlocked Trophy, I cannot get above edge data or MMS working on Straight Talk.