Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

R2D2_SW
Old
(Last edited by R2D2_SW; 10th May 2012 at 05:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_ship View Post
The 4/22 gapps had a messed up GoogleBackupTransport.apk. The 4/29 gapps fixed that. Flashing 4/29 fixed it for me.
Didn't realize there was a new GAPPS. Will try that out. Thanks!

EDIT: That did the trick. Thanks again!

JmPTaz09
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by trell959 View Post
Is anyone's camera broken on 5/8?

The ducks symbolize death!
Just clear data in camera app and it will likely work fine.

pmgnet
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsoul View Post
For the people who say auto brightness is too dark outside, make this change:
Settings / Display / Automatic backlight / Use custom light levels: checked
Settings / Display / Automatic backlight / Edit other levels...
Set number of levels: 4
Set lower limits like this...

Reason: the default setting for max brightness only gets triggered when >10001, but...

* Note: Actually, there is one more level. Shining a flashlight directly into the sensor give the maximum of 16000 (as shown in screenshot). Ideally we would set 5 levels and set the fifth from 10001 to infinity, but the levels software only allows settings of up to 3000.
Thanks! This was way non-obvious for me, but looks very interesting. I've set my settings and will report back. "Thanks" button pressed.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toda Party View Post
only thing i can think of is Go Launcher, but I only use it for the clock/weather widget, not contacts...don't even have the Go Contacts installed actually.

Shrug, guess I'll just stay on 5/6 and keep trying new nightly releases till it goes away haha
I use Go Launcher and Exchange contacts synch. No problems here.
Galaxy S3 i747 - CM11
Transformer Prime TF700T - ZOMBi-X
Galaxy S2 i777 - CM10.2
Captivate - CM10.2
Nook Color - CM11
G2 - CM11

Entropy512
Old
(Last edited by Entropy512; 10th May 2012 at 07:27 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfalz View Post
Trying to get to Settings > More... will freeze my phone and crash Settings, every single time. Anyone else?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Seems to be frequently reported by those who did a TiBu restore, even an apps-only one. Most of the people in question used the "ghetto NFC hack" prior to the NFC support being properly integrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbohn View Post
Thanks for the info. Will installing Car Home (and the prereq Car Home Launcher) as user apps still allow Car Home to run as a home alternative (e.g. pressing the home touchkey brings back Car Home not Trebuchet)?

Either way ... I guess I'm off to do some searching 'n reading and learn how to extract/modify/edit the CWM zip to install CHL and CH as user apps.

--L.
I think it's just CarHome.apk - I don't remember there being a CarHomeLauncher.

Samsung Car Home also works well (other than not being able to control dock audio redirection from the app), but it's a bitch to get it from the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcala View Post
I haven't been able to see my 5Ghz network at home ever since flashing this. I was reading the AOKP thread and they have the fix in their FAQ's. May I ask why CM9 does not include the fix? Simply changing the two files in question from "GB" to "US" fixed it. GB stands for Great Britain & US for, duh. I'm sure this would be an issue for people outside of USA so maybe that's why?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Yes - right now all GS2 variants use the same file. I'm trying to get the build system to override the file for I777 only since nearly all I777 users are in the US, but it's one of those build system intracacies that's a little annoying.

Eventually I want to figure out a way to handle wifi region in a more generic manner, since I9100 really needs to handle multi-region usage, but getting the build system to replace that one file for I777 is a temp workaround.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lbohn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
I think it's just CarHome.apk - I don't remember there being a CarHomeLauncher.

Samsung Car Home also works well (other than not being able to control dock audio redirection from the app), but it's a bitch to get it from the market.
CarHomeLauncher is required for CH to show up in the app drawer (link). At a minimum, CHL needs to be in /system/app to work correctly. With CHL in /system/app, it seems CH may run correctly as a user app (link, posts 1, 4 & 5). However dannyfritz's experience is that CH needs to be in /system/app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyfritz View Post
I'm using the carhome apk from aokp and it doesn't work as a user app. i see carhome in the market, but it isn't available on my phone's market.
Using the aokp one works great as a system app though. just gets cleared with each nightly.
Since CH can be automatically invoked by docking our phone into the official Samsung car dock, (link, posts 2 & 3) perhaps some users have CH launch without installing the CHL component (as implied in my first link). I don't use an official Samsung car dock; instead I rely on the Start with Bluetooth option. But that isn't enabled by default, so I need to manually launch CH once to configure it.

Bottom line ... I guess I will be hanging onto my CWM zip and reflashing after each upgrade. That is unless the CM team can persuade Google to allow them to include CH in the ROM now that it's abandonware.

--L.

DefTaker
Old
(Last edited by DefTaker; 10th May 2012 at 10:53 PM.) Reason: -problem solved-
Thanks Meter 39
Latest build 20120509 - after ending a phone call, I get kicked back out all the way to my lockscreen? WTF??? <-- Is this happening to anyone else? I've already tried clearing out the phone app's data and I've wiped cache and dalvik-cache again in CWM but no luck...phone keeps doing this.

Just wondering if it's the latest build before I have to perform a FULL wipe.

*UPDATE* Ok, don't know why but I ended up fixing it so if you run into this same issue just go into system settings > security > remove pattern <-- this is what I had but you might be using a pin instead? > reboot phone > then I went back into settings and re-established my pattern lock and the phone seems to be working correctly again. why it was giving me an issue this time around tho...

**UPDATE 2:** Dammit, rebooted the phone and the issue came back...don't know what the problem is...I like having my lockscreen secured so removing it isn't an option.
Phone: Nexus 5
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

iXNyNe
Old
Thanks Meter 451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Seems to be frequently reported by those who did a TiBu restore, even an apps-only one. Most of the people in question used the "ghetto NFC hack" prior to the NFC support being properly integrated.
I ended up clearing data for nfc service and tags app and then reboot
Issue returns once in a while, not sure what causes it, could be new nightly flashes, but clearing data for those two and rebooting always fixes it.

Using tibu's clear function to clear data doesnt always work, I tap and hold the app from tibu and open system details and force stop and clear.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Habitual Information Indian GiverPost Editor
[edit]Nevermind I take that back[/edit]

DefTaker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Hmm...I guess I'll hold off on doing a FULL WIPE since I think the 20120509 build is causing me some grief...I've re-flashed it 3 times and made sure to wipe both cache and dalvik-cache each time and still getting this where whenever a call is ended, I am booted out to the lockscreen <-- end call > automatically have my pattern lockscreen show up (even though I ended the call w/in seconds and I have my phone set up as to not go inactive until 2 minutes) and I have to redraw my lockscreen to get back into my phone.

I have noticed that without the lockscreen on, once a phone call is ended, you get kicked back out to the homescreen. <-- Is this supposed to be a feature? Because if it is, then there's a bug if a lockscreen is enabled!

I'd rather have it like the 5/8 build wherein after a phone call is ended, you stay within the dialer.

Ashhong
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Pretty sure if you go to settings in the Phone app there is an option to select where you want to go after a call ends, or maybe that was GoContacts.

Also, if anything, a full wipe would FIX these little bugs that you are experiencing. I am running the latest nightly with no issues.

DefTaker
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhong View Post
Pretty sure if you go to settings in the Phone app there is an option to select where you want to go after a call ends, or maybe that was GoContacts.

Also, if anything, a full wipe would FIX these little bugs that you are experiencing. I am running the latest nightly with no issues.
By latest nightly you mean 5/10?

I know a full wipe would *most likely* fix this issue but I don't feel like wiping out my entire system for this. I'm hoping the 5/10 build fixes it.

And no, there is no setting in CM9 that allows me to revert back to "area of my choice".

That most likley is a GoContacts app solution. (I like GoSMSPro but don't care too much for their other products.)

We'll see...I'll be flashing the 5/10 build when I get home tonight. Otherwise I'll be doing a FULL WIPE.

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung