Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ! Accidentally formatted boot Vibrant !

Tip us?

vnh001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] ! Accidentally formatted boot Vibrant !

I was on Miui rom, but I wanted to go and try Simpley Honey, so I went to CWM and wiped everything like it said, and I accidently formated the boot too. Is this why I'm stuck at the screen? i tried everything` Odin,Heimdall,Aio toolbox and all drivers for vibrant,but pc dont recognize my phone and there are only show <unknown device>
PLEASEEEEEE HELP TO FIX MY VIBRANT

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 9,014
Couple of things to try.

First, if you want to Odin, then I usggest going into your device manager on your PC and uninstalling your drivers. Then reinstall them manually of with the Toolbox.

Second, (Rule #1-Always make a back up)- Hopefully you made a nandroid back up of your MIUI that you were on. If so, you should be able to restore that and then wipe properly.

Third, if you can get into Recovery and you don't have a back up, then try to flash a ROM (2.3.x or higher since you were on MIUI) and see if that gets you back up and running.

Pretty sure that if you wiped Boot.img your phone is still recoverable. It isn't like you wiped out the bootloader or anything. Those are not touchable from CWR, so don't fret that part.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)

vnh001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
i uninstalled all drivers then installed again but odin dont recognize my phone(unknown device) in download mode,and i can not acces to CWM(((

mistermish2000
Old
Thanks Meter 10
do uninstall those drivers again and just download and install samsung kies mini it will automatically recognize and install drivers for you.. hope this will help you...JFD by odin will be the best way after that...

NB:for future reference---
always remember two things before flashing any rom...
** do nandroid backup
** get back to stock by odin then proceed any rom you want...

NelsonTheMoron
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Haha, I did this before (about 2 weeks ago). I just placed it in download mode, then flashed back to stock using ODIN.

vnh001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I tried everything but pc dont recognize my vibrant(((

dardani89
Old
Thanks Meter 27
dont freak out man, like everybody has said you did not brick your phone. when you click format boot, you only wipe the boot media (the startup image/video). you're boot-loaders are still in tact. this is all about getting your pc to recognize your phone. try to connect on another computer and try different variations of connecting to the computers, try a different usb port. Once I thought I bricked my vibrant as in I couldn't get into download mode or anything. I stupidly unplugged it while it was installing factory.rfs on odin, I thought it was stuck. Nothing would come up with any button combo pressed. then nine hours later and a change of usb ports, I got it into download mode an odined to stock.

vnh001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
but ive already tried it in many computers and usb ports,but still no success(((