Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Music + Note stock audio player

Tip us?

SilverStone641
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Google Music + Note stock audio player

Hey guys, i've searched this forum as well as google for this answer, but i haven't found a solution. I finally got around to setting up my Google Music account and as soon as i connected it to my phone, i started seeing these false listings in my stock player. Basically, there are doubles of every song and album, except they don't play. So now when i kick off an album, it'll play fine until it hits one of these "ghosts" then stops and won't advance again until i prompt it.

My question is, can i restrict Google Music content to the GM app only and not have it appear in my stock player?
Sarcasm. I haz it.
Git yerself a DropBox account!

porkenhimer
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStone641 View Post
Hey guys, i've searched this forum as well as google for this answer, but i haven't found a solution. I finally got around to setting up my Google Music account and as soon as i connected it to my phone, i started seeing these false listings in my stock player. Basically, there are doubles of every song and album, except they don't play. So now when i kick off an album, it'll play fine until it hits one of these "ghosts" then stops and won't advance again until i prompt it.

My question is, can i restrict Google Music content to the GM app only and not have it appear in my stock player?
I wanna recommend a better music player. Its called 3. Go to the market and search "3".

SilverStone641
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkenhimer View Post
I wanna recommend a better music player. Its called 3. Go to the market and search "3".
Seems like spam and that app in the market doesn't look very impressive. Seems under-featured as well. What exactly did that have to do with Google Music integration?
Sarcasm. I haz it.

jb0nd38372
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb What I did.

Use [Your choice of apps that can freeze / delete system apps] and freeze / delete the stock music player. IMO Google music does everything it does and more.

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to jb0nd38372 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SilverStone641
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0nd38372 View Post
Use [Your choice of apps that can freeze / delete system apps] and freeze / delete the stock music player. IMO Google music does everything it does and more.
That's not a bad idea. Perhaps i need to give GM another look.
Sarcasm. I haz it.

jb0nd38372
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
I really don't think you will be disappointed, I have a large collection on my home pc, and it's nice to be able to pull from pc, to note from anywhere. plus you can upload your collection to the cloud and access it anywhere, I will get free music from the amazon music market, save to pc, then re-upload to Google, quick way to get alot of free, completely legal music, quick. Not to mention Google Music also has some decent freebies at times too.

Quote:
That's not a bad idea. Perhaps i need to give GM another look.

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Google music is a gem that doesn't get enough credit.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.