Lollipop for OnePlus One Enters Testing Stage

Cyanogen just announced on their twitter that their CyanogenMod Lollipop build for the OnePlus … more

Xiaomi Business Model Unlike Usually Conceived

This article explains how Xiaomi sells phones not just to be a mobile OEM, but also to seed … more

Note 4 Launcher Theme Collection

If you like the features and integration of the TouchWiz Launcher on your Note 4, FrenchFamousTeam put … more

Verizon Allows Customers to Opt Out of Supercookies

Following the controversy that Verizon’s zombie “supercookies” … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Google Music + Note stock audio player

OP SilverStone641

10th May 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
SilverStone641's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 57
 
1,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Hey guys, i've searched this forum as well as google for this answer, but i haven't found a solution. I finally got around to setting up my Google Music account and as soon as i connected it to my phone, i started seeing these false listings in my stock player. Basically, there are doubles of every song and album, except they don't play. So now when i kick off an album, it'll play fine until it hits one of these "ghosts" then stops and won't advance again until i prompt it.

My question is, can i restrict Google Music content to the GM app only and not have it appear in my stock player?
10th May 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 155
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStone641

Hey guys, i've searched this forum as well as google for this answer, but i haven't found a solution. I finally got around to setting up my Google Music account and as soon as i connected it to my phone, i started seeing these false listings in my stock player. Basically, there are doubles of every song and album, except they don't play. So now when i kick off an album, it'll play fine until it hits one of these "ghosts" then stops and won't advance again until i prompt it.

My question is, can i restrict Google Music content to the GM app only and not have it appear in my stock player?

I wanna recommend a better music player. Its called 3. Go to the market and search "3".
10th May 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
SilverStone641's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 57
 
1,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkenhimer

I wanna recommend a better music player. Its called 3. Go to the market and search "3".

Seems like spam and that app in the market doesn't look very impressive. Seems under-featured as well. What exactly did that have to do with Google Music integration?
11th May 2012, 12:33 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Savannah, Tn
Thanks Meter: 68
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb What I did.
Use [Your choice of apps that can freeze / delete system apps] and freeze / delete the stock music player. IMO Google music does everything it does and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStone641

Hey guys, i've searched this forum as well as google for this answer, but i haven't found a solution. I finally got around to setting up my Google Music account and as soon as i connected it to my phone, i started seeing these false listings in my stock player. Basically, there are doubles of every song and album, except they don't play. So now when i kick off an album, it'll play fine until it hits one of these "ghosts" then stops and won't advance again until i prompt it.

My question is, can i restrict Google Music content to the GM app only and not have it appear in my stock player?

The Following User Says Thank You to jb0nd38372 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #5  
SilverStone641's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 57
 
1,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0nd38372

Use [Your choice of apps that can freeze / delete system apps] and freeze / delete the stock music player. IMO Google music does everything it does and more.

That's not a bad idea. Perhaps i need to give GM another look.
11th May 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Savannah, Tn
Thanks Meter: 68
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Wink
I really don't think you will be disappointed, I have a large collection on my home pc, and it's nice to be able to pull from pc, to note from anywhere. plus you can upload your collection to the cloud and access it anywhere, I will get free music from the amazon music market, save to pc, then re-upload to Google, quick way to get alot of free, completely legal music, quick. Not to mention Google Music also has some decent freebies at times too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStone641

That's not a bad idea. Perhaps i need to give GM another look.

11th May 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag York, Pa
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,543 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Google music is a gem that doesn't get enough credit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes