FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 4G Nightlies (Stingray4G/MZ602)

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,482
 
By teameos, Recognized Developer on 4th January 2012, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th May 2012, 08:16 PM |#1881  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrudup

OK, why do you think this is related to WiFi?

Your device appears to be crashing when it goes to take down the (2nd) CPU in an attempt to put the system to sleep. I still contend this is due to either overlocking, or your hardware is dying.

I did't overclock it. I thought it was due to wifi because because when I turn wifi off, the rebooting issue will not occur.

Now I am back to stock (MZ602_HLK75D). So far, it hasn't reboot by itself yet.

I'll redo the rooting process and see if it helps.
 
 
10th May 2012, 09:29 PM |#1882  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Has nightly updates stopped for the ROM? Seems this thread has really slowed and the updates have slowed way down.
11th May 2012, 04:13 AM |#1883  
Mjamocha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 738
 
Donate to Me
More
Angry Blacked Out This Awesome ROM
I Blacked Out This Awesome EOS ROM, I likey!
(It's still a little flat so, it's a work in progress.)
Last edited by Mjamocha; 23rd June 2012 at 05:35 PM.
11th May 2012, 04:38 AM |#1884  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjamocha

I Blacked Out This Awesome EOS ROM, I likey!

Looks good !!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to dkahs23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 06:07 AM |#1885  
brittoking's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 475
 
More
Thumbs up Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjamocha

I Blacked Out This Awesome EOS ROM, I likey!

So when do we get some blacked out love to download?! Pretty please
11th May 2012, 03:00 PM |#1886  
Mjamocha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 738
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittoking

So when do we get some blacked out love to download?! Pretty please

Thank you. I would need permission to make any variation of someone else's ROM public. This is not a black theme it's the whole ROM. Also it's a WIP, and proof of concept. I do like the way it looks, however it is still a little flat, more needs to be done with it. So.... no will not be publishing.
Last edited by Mjamocha; 11th May 2012 at 06:07 PM.
11th May 2012, 03:12 PM |#1887  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjamocha

Thank you. I would need permission to make any variation of someone else's ROM public. This is not a black theme it's the whole ROM. Also it's a WIP, and proof of concept. So.... no will not be publishing.

To bad Team EOS doesn't send you an invite to join the team... You have skills. You bring the graphics side to the table. don't know what else your capable of. But your work is great.

Team EOS get this man a chair at the round table...
11th May 2012, 04:06 PM |#1888  
bigrushdog's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA
Thanks Meter: 6,226
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd922001

Has nightly updates stopped for the ROM? Seems this thread has really slowed and the updates have slowed way down.

As the project matures things will slow down. Also I've been focused on the gnex phone side of the project. Hopefully in preparation to take it public . Also the mods are becoming ore sophisticated and take more time now .
11th May 2012, 04:28 PM |#1889  
Mjamocha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 738
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkahs23

To bad Team EOS doesn't send you an invite to join the team... You have skills. You bring the graphics side to the table. don't know what else your capable of. But your work is great.

Team EOS get this man a chair at the round table...

LOL thanks man for the ego boost, however I am no where near the skill set of these EOS guys nor do I want to be. One of the guys and I had a chat about me trying my hand in AOSP, but to be honest with you, and like I told him - I'm just not that into it, not my thing. I play around here and there every once and a while but that's as far as I go. I like being a nobody! (I know that I am a tease)
11th May 2012, 11:53 PM |#1890  
otis_bartleh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Martinez, CA
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsuo2006

I have done pretty much all you mentioned, without sucess. I also talked to kcrudup, and he suggested that it might be hardware related, which I don't think is the case. I searched different forums and it seems that the rebooting issue is quite common for the new ics roms.

As i mentioned, I think it has something to do with the wifi waking up from sleep. Here is the log file for any experts that can have a look.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25710527/last_kmsg

I'd listen to the dev. You asked him for advice, and then don't believe what he tells you? I don't know what in particular you found Google searching, but I have two ICS devices, running 2 different ROM/kernel combos, and don't have any re-booting issues that you speak of, nor have I since ICS rom's have been out....

Again, I'm sure the dev's know more about this device than you (they've got leaps and bounds on me), so maybe it is worth not just writing off kcrudup's thoughts.... And good luck!
12th May 2012, 02:53 AM |#1891  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis_bartleh

I'd listen to the dev. You asked him for advice, and then don't believe what he tells you? I don't know what in particular you found Google searching, but I have two ICS devices, running 2 different ROM/kernel combos, and don't have any re-booting issues that you speak of, nor have I since ICS rom's have been out....

Again, I'm sure the dev's know more about this device than you (they've got leaps and bounds on me), so maybe it is worth not just writing off kcrudup's thoughts.... And good luck!

Oh come on, when did I not listen to the developers? Besides, kcrudup just "suspected" it is due hardware issue and I am just trying to figure what is going on. Isn's this the way how we try to fix things?

The fact that your devices do not have issues doesn't mean others don't. In fact, lots of people do have the rebooting issues with various roms.

As for my xoom, I went back to the stock rom. It still reboot occasionaly (a few times a day), but not as frequently as before (every 30 min when wifi left on).

EOS is in my opinion the best crafted rom out there, but unfortunately I cannot use it. By the way, I am old enough to know to be grateful for others' works, especially when it is free.
Last edited by wsuo2006; 12th May 2012 at 03:02 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eos, mz602
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes