Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help a noob / what to do for ICS on GSM unlocked bootloader stock hboot 1.49.0018

Tip us?

davelis828
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default help a noob / what to do for ICS on GSM unlocked bootloader stock hboot 1.49.0018

so i found this guide about getting a custom recovery and S-OFF which looks safe to me
xttp://appcounter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/installing-custom-rom-for-htc-evo-3d.html

All i want now is simply how to install an ICS leak ROM.

from what i understand, when you are hboot 149007 and s-off you can flash everything

Also,how easy is it to return to a stock GSM EVO 3d after being rooted custom ROMed etc?

davelis828
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
up for assistance

my phone cant recognize the P86IMG.zip

sgunfio
Old
Thanks Meter 9
As i know you don't need s-off to install ics leaked roms cause the kernel is stock.
If i may give you a suggestion ... WAIT, at moment it seems that there is not a sure way to remove firmware upgrade. On my phone thare are now random issues.
Trust me, the ics experience is something less than you may expect... sense 3.6 kill s it

davelis828
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunfio View Post
As i know you don't need s-off to install ics leaked roms cause the kernel is stock.
If i may give you a suggestion ... WAIT, at moment it seems that there is not a sure way to remove firmware upgrade. On my phone thare are now random issues.
Trust me, the ics experience is something less than you may expect... sense 3.6 kill s it
cool post bro,i have been thinking of that
but also,what the heck!

LinuxDoku
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelis828 View Post
up for assistance

my phone cant recognize the P86IMG.zip
What means it can't recognize the P86IMG.zip? Does the scan for fimwares abort without any result?

Have you placed it in the root directory of your sd card?

davelis828
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxDoku View Post
What means it can't recognize the P86IMG.zip? Does the scan for fimwares abort without any result?

Have you placed it in the root directory of your sd card?
yes

jura69
Old
Thanks Meter 1
did u check md5 sum on file u downloaded

sgunfio
Old
Thanks Meter 9
the file I used has name PG86IMG.zip and not P86IMG.zip, it's size is 14.024kb,
try redownload from shooter rom in dev

davelis828
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunfio View Post
the file I used has name PG86IMG.zip and not P86IMG.zip, it's size is 14.024kb,
try redownload from shooter rom in dev
it is called PG86IMG.zip so i guess you are right
but my file is 373MB!!!

plus im on hboot 1.49.0018 and want to get recovery & s-off first then root current rom, and then install virtuous (with the new P86IMG.zip which i guess contains the new firmware as well)

sh080
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelis828 View Post
it is called PG86IMG.zip so i guess you are right
but my file is 373MB!!!

plus im on hboot 1.49.0018 and want to get recovery & s-off first then root current rom, and then install virtuous (with the new P86IMG.zip which i guess contains the new firmware as well)
The P86IMG.zip will downgrade your HBOOT to 1.49.0007. After that you can use the Revolutionary method ( revolutionary.io ) to get S-off; Revolutionary only works with HBOOT 1.49.0007 or 1.49.0008, that's why you're downgrading the HBOOT.

The Following User Says Thank You to sh080 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]