[ROM][ECLAIR] G-ROM(version f) [09/14/2012] ***SuperFast Now!***

OP DoR2

11th May 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 400

783 posts
More
Lightbulb
@DOR2

Could you please add link2sd to your rom please ?
Link2sd is faster and better than data2sd/hd2sd !
This way people can install tons of games on your rom without depletion if internal storage.

I know it works with JK1, as I already integrated it with my tweaked JK1 ROM.

Link2sd loads via install-recovery.sh and as the kernel supports only rfs/fat(32), then for link2sd you must define the second partition as "fat32" (with minitool partition manager tool).

By the way, you can use this install-recovery.sh script to load additional kernel settings if you want "without scriptmanager"...try it.
I did it for cpu governor and some more kernel schedule granularity tweaks.
Only thing i'm not sure of if after a new flash, if link2sd or the rom itself cleans the install-recovery script.

Attached you find my install-recovery.sh with tweaks inside. Just delete the .txt ofcourse :)

P.S.

JK1 is not only the fastest gaming ROM, it's the "fastest ROM" ever on our Galaxy 3 apollo. Now even CM 7.2 (currently flashed) cannot beat the performance of JK1 with its RFS filesystems :)

If you install JK1, then you remember how your phone felt when you just bought it.

Too bad we don't have a ported fugumod 2.4beta3 kernel for eclair. I like the battery performance and filesystems and init.d scripts support.

Br.

Michel
Attached Files
File Type: txt install-recovery.sh.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 30 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to vleutmans For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 08:29 AM   |  #52  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 701

1,254 posts
More
if we could get any kernel to work on eclair, id want fugumod ultra (pre-release one on froyo) as it was the fastest and most stable kernel i tried

i soo badly wanna go back on eclair and just try it again, if i back up my apps with titanium backup and restore them on eclair would they work ? i know that the apps i use are supported by eclair but im worrying about the data :P. is the youtube version in your rom the one that came with the rom as the newer youtube versions arent good (bad performance and slow loading).
Last edited by alb3rtt; 11th May 2012 at 09:59 AM.
11th May 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #53  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 122

571 posts
More
Oh, just a last thing... I think u should keep samsung keybord instead of Swype, or keep both, but not only Swype.
Some users prefer Samsung ;)

Thanks
11th May 2012, 10:43 AM   |  #54  
Flag Melbourne

1,254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halco

Oh, just a last thing... I think u should keep samsung keybord instead of Swype, or keep both, but not only Swype.
Some users prefer Samsung ;)

Thanks

+1 for samsung keyboard
11th May 2012, 11:09 AM   |  #55  
OP Senior Member
Flag Snezhinsk
Thanks Meter: 105

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vleutmans

@DOR2

Could you please add link2sd to your rom please ?
Link2sd is faster and better than data2sd/hd2sd !
This way people can install tons of games on your rom without depletion if internal storage.

I know it works with JK1, as I already integrated it with my tweaked JK1 ROM.

Link2sd loads via install-recovery.sh and as the kernel supports only rfs/fat(32), then for link2sd you must define the second partition as "fat32" (with minitool partition manager tool).

By the way, you can use this install-recovery.sh script to load additional kernel settings if you want "without scriptmanager"...try it.
I did it for cpu governor and some more kernel schedule granularity tweaks.
Only thing i'm not sure of if after a new flash, if link2sd or the rom itself cleans the install-recovery script.

Attached you find my install-recovery.sh with tweaks inside. Just delete the .txt ofcourse :)

P.S.

JK1 is not only the fastest gaming ROM, it's the "fastest ROM" ever on our Galaxy 3 apollo. Now even CM 7.2 (currently flashed) cannot beat the performance of JK1 with its RFS filesystems :)

If you install JK1, then you remember how your phone felt when you just bought it.

Too bad we don't have a ported fugumod 2.4beta3 kernel for eclair. I like the battery performance and filesystems and init.d scripts support.

Br.

Michel

I have already tried Link2SD on eclair. But I forgot to include it
I will try your install-recovery.sh on my ROM
11th May 2012, 11:10 AM   |  #56  
OP Senior Member
Flag Snezhinsk

308 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rtt

+1 for samsung keyboard

I will add Samsung keyboard if you want in version b
11th May 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 400

783 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rtt

if we could get any kernel to work on eclair, id want fugumod ultra (pre-release one on froyo) as it was the fastest and most stable kernel i tried

i soo badly wanna go back on eclair and just try it again, if i back up my apps with titanium backup and restore them on eclair would they work ? i know that the apps i use are supported by eclair but im worrying about the data :P. is the youtube version in your rom the one that came with the rom as the newer youtube versions arent good (bad performance and slow loading).

yes you can restore your apps, I did a restore from CM 7.2 apps to Eclair.
It works.....and is faster ofcourse :)
11th May 2012, 11:45 AM   |  #58  
OP Senior Member
Flag Snezhinsk

308 posts
More
I think that adding titanium backup will be great. What do you think of it?
11th May 2012, 12:05 PM   |  #59  
Flag Melbourne

1,254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoR2

I think that adding titanium backup will be great. What do you think of it?

i reckon its a pretty good idea cause im kinda lazy and sometimes dont restore my apps cause i cant be stuffed installing titanium backup :P is youtube installed on the rom? is it the stock one that came with the samsung rom cause the new versions are buggy for me
11th May 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #60  
Flag HYDERABAD
Thanks Meter: 13

205 posts
More
I am from Froyo. After installing this rom, i am not not able to sync contacts from gmail. It is not showing Sync Contacts at all. Only calender got synced. Please help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
games
Previous Thread Next Thread