Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 and MIUI for Venue

Tip us?

MJW
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Glad it worked out for you.
OnePlus One/CM 11 Latest Nightly/ Xposed modified/Philz Touch 6.44.9-CWM 6.0.4.9 (KK 4.4.4)

chacona
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Hi all,
I cannot install Viber with this CM7 ROM, Market reported it as "non compatible with your Dell Venue device". Do you have any ideas of installing Viber with CM7?

themathers
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacona View Post
Hi all,
I cannot install Viber with this CM7 ROM, Market reported it as "non compatible with your Dell Venue device". Do you have any ideas of installing Viber with CM7?
1. Download from other Android device then back it up.
2. Download it from the Internet for the apk itself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vodoq 101 > Nokia n70 > SE P1i > BB Bold 9000 > HTC Topaz > HTC Glacier <> Dell Venue <> SS Captivate > HTC DoubleShot > SS Note 2

The Following User Says Thank You to themathers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,524
What reason does the web site give you for marking it incompatable?

If this is what you're talking about, my V is marked as compatable.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chacona
Old
Thanks Meter 51
@Themathers: actually, I have successfully installed Viber before, then used AppBackup and Restore to restore it to sdcard.

Then, I flashed CM7 using CWM, trying to use File Manager to install Viber from sdcard (.apk) failed with just this message "Application is not installed" - no more details given.

@TheManii: with stock 408 ROM, I could install it. Only after switching to CM7 I do not have that ability.

MJW
Old
(Last edited by MJW; 10th May 2012 at 08:29 AM.) Reason: odd double post
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
@Themathers: actually, I have successfully installed Viber before, then used AppBackup and Restore to restore it to sdcard.

Then, I flashed CM7 using CWM, trying to use File Manager to install Viber from sdcard (.apk) failed with just this message "Application is not installed" - no more details given.

@TheManii: with stock 408 ROM, I could install it. Only after switching to CM7 I do not have that ability.
Viber:Free Calls & Messages just downloaded and installed fine on my Venue from the Play Store on the phone itself. Was that the app in question?
OnePlus One/CM 11 Latest Nightly/ Xposed modified/Philz Touch 6.44.9-CWM 6.0.4.9 (KK 4.4.4)

The Following User Says Thank You to MJW For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chacona
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Michael, you're using CM7, aren't you. If that is the case I guess that there might be some issues with my CM7. Have you installed GApps? I do not install (just install Vending, GoogleServicesFramework and without Calendar Sync, other apps...) so it might be the case. I will try flashing CM7 again, and install all GApps to see whether it works!

MJW
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Michael, you're using CM7, aren't you. If that is the case I guess that there might be some issues with my CM7. Have you installed GApps? I do not install (just install Vending, GoogleServicesFramework and without Calendar Sync, other apps...) so it might be the case. I will try flashing CM7 again, and install all GApps to see whether it works!
I am using CM7, and loaded the full GApps from the same thread as the CM7 link.

kandiyal
Old
Thanks Meter 6
hey guys any news about ics or cm9 on dell venue..

chacona
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
I am using CM7, and loaded the full GApps from the same thread as the CM7 link.
I successfully install Viber after installing gApps. Thank you!

Tags
miui, venue