[ROM][ECLAIR] G-ROM(version f) [09/14/2012] ***SuperFast Now!***

Search This thread

Jason-EX

Sep 13, 2011
The eclair kernel source is at opensource.samsung.com. I have succesfully compiled one, but it didn't boot. But now my ubuntu on my laptop got corrupted :mad:
That one is for eclair or froyo? :confused::confused: we can get the "initramfs" already, we just need the "kernel" folder :D please confirm it first, I will try to add some feature to it :)

rubensollie

Feb 8, 2011
Rotterdam
That one is for eclair or froyo? :confused::confused: we can get the "initramfs" already, we just need the "kernel" folder :D please confirm it first, I will try to add some feature to it :)

There is a GT-I5800_OpenSource.tar.gz, that one is the eclair one
You have an GT-I5800D_OpenSource(froyo).zip, obviously that is the froyo one
And an GT-I5800_OpenSource_Update1(froyo).zip, which is froyo update 1

The thing with me was that it didn't go further then the GT-I5800 screen.

austin266

Nov 14, 2011
Guntur
@Jason
Am working on it
Halted at one phase., at overclocking...

Going to release my oc. Kernel soon

Rom : revival rom
kernel : custom oc kernel ( testing)
theme : HTC theme

Reactions: ilievski.ace

Halco

Dec 8, 2010
Lyon
Cool, but where did u download a I5800XXJK1 Rom ? I try Sammobile.com, but link are dead :/

Jason-EX

Sep 13, 2011
There is a GT-I5800_OpenSource.tar.gz, that one is the eclair one
You have an GT-I5800D_OpenSource(froyo).zip, obviously that is the froyo one
And an GT-I5800_OpenSource_Update1(froyo).zip, which is froyo update 1

The thing with me was that it didn't go further then the GT-I5800 screen.
did you compile eclair kernel using Dharam's guide?

austin266

Nov 14, 2011
Guntur
@ ruben

For eclair... need some modifications other than froyo

Rom : revival rom
kernel : custom oc kernel ( testing)
theme : HTC theme

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
@DOR2

Could you please add link2sd to your rom please ?
Link2sd is faster and better than data2sd/hd2sd !
This way people can install tons of games on your rom without depletion if internal storage.

I know it works with JK1, as I already integrated it with my tweaked JK1 ROM.

Link2sd loads via install-recovery.sh and as the kernel supports only rfs/fat(32), then for link2sd you must define the second partition as "fat32" (with minitool partition manager tool).

By the way, you can use this install-recovery.sh script to load additional kernel settings if you want "without scriptmanager"...try it.
I did it for cpu governor and some more kernel schedule granularity tweaks.
Only thing i'm not sure of if after a new flash, if link2sd or the rom itself cleans the install-recovery script.

Attached you find my install-recovery.sh with tweaks inside. Just delete the .txt ofcourse :)

P.S.

JK1 is not only the fastest gaming ROM, it's the "fastest ROM" ever on our Galaxy 3 apollo. Now even CM 7.2 (currently flashed) cannot beat the performance of JK1 with its RFS filesystems :)

If you install JK1, then you remember how your phone felt when you just bought it.

Too bad we don't have a ported fugumod 2.4beta3 kernel for eclair. I like the battery performance and filesystems and init.d scripts support.

Br.

Michel

Attachments

• install-recovery.sh.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: DoR2

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
if we could get any kernel to work on eclair, id want fugumod ultra (pre-release one on froyo) as it was the fastest and most stable kernel i tried :D

i soo badly wanna go back on eclair and just try it again, if i back up my apps with titanium backup and restore them on eclair would they work ? i know that the apps i use are supported by eclair but im worrying about the data :p. is the youtube version in your rom the one that came with the rom as the newer youtube versions arent good (bad performance and slow loading).

Last edited:

Halco

Dec 8, 2010
Lyon
Oh, just a last thing... I think u should keep samsung keybord instead of Swype, or keep both, but not only Swype.
Some users prefer Samsung ;-)

Thanks

DoR2

Mar 9, 2012
Snezhinsk
@DOR2

Could you please add link2sd to your rom please ?
Link2sd is faster and better than data2sd/hd2sd !
This way people can install tons of games on your rom without depletion if internal storage.

I know it works with JK1, as I already integrated it with my tweaked JK1 ROM.

Link2sd loads via install-recovery.sh and as the kernel supports only rfs/fat(32), then for link2sd you must define the second partition as "fat32" (with minitool partition manager tool).

By the way, you can use this install-recovery.sh script to load additional kernel settings if you want "without scriptmanager"...try it.
I did it for cpu governor and some more kernel schedule granularity tweaks.
Only thing i'm not sure of if after a new flash, if link2sd or the rom itself cleans the install-recovery script.

Attached you find my install-recovery.sh with tweaks inside. Just delete the .txt ofcourse :)

P.S.

JK1 is not only the fastest gaming ROM, it's the "fastest ROM" ever on our Galaxy 3 apollo. Now even CM 7.2 (currently flashed) cannot beat the performance of JK1 with its RFS filesystems :)

If you install JK1, then you remember how your phone felt when you just bought it.

Too bad we don't have a ported fugumod 2.4beta3 kernel for eclair. I like the battery performance and filesystems and init.d scripts support.

Br.

Michel
I have already tried Link2SD on eclair. But I forgot to include it:)
I will try your install-recovery.sh on my ROM

vleutmans

Feb 6, 2011
if we could get any kernel to work on eclair, id want fugumod ultra (pre-release one on froyo) as it was the fastest and most stable kernel i tried :D

i soo badly wanna go back on eclair and just try it again, if i back up my apps with titanium backup and restore them on eclair would they work ? i know that the apps i use are supported by eclair but im worrying about the data :p. is the youtube version in your rom the one that came with the rom as the newer youtube versions arent good (bad performance and slow loading).
yes you can restore your apps, I did a restore from CM 7.2 apps to Eclair.
It works.....and is faster ofcourse :)

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
I think that adding titanium backup will be great. What do you think of it?

i reckon its a pretty good idea cause im kinda lazy and sometimes dont restore my apps cause i cant be stuffed installing titanium backup :p is youtube installed on the rom? is it the stock one that came with the samsung rom cause the new versions are buggy for me

naganumolu

Sep 21, 2010
HYDERABAD
I am from Froyo. After installing this rom, i am not not able to sync contacts from gmail. It is not showing Sync Contacts at all. Only calender got synced. Please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wallpaperhill.png

As many people requested I will try to create ROM for playing games.:D
    This is ROM is only initial, I will anything you want to it.

Features:
    • based on XXJK1
    • Re-odexed
    • rooted
    • custom bootanimation
    • build.prop tweaks+scripts from v6supercharger and 3gturbocharger
    • busybox 1.20.2 itself on /system/xbin/
    • removed a lot of rubbish apps
    • replaced Gallery3D with QuickPic
    • Link2SD
    • chainfire 3d drivers installed
    • Tweak Manager with many scripts by zeppelinrox
    • ginder keyboard&Swype
    • Two launchers:LauncherPro and TouchWiz
    • live wallpapers+G-ROM style live wallpaper
    • Wifi Tether app
    • replaced MyFiles with TotalCommander
    • Titanium Backup
    • init.d compatibility

Some screenshots:
    device20120606164622.png
    device20120606164547.png
    device20120606164528.png
    device20120606164432.png
    device20120606164351.png
    device20120606164252.png
    device20120606164220.png
    device20120606164149.png

Here is a signature banner for my ROM. Please use it as it means me a lot!!!
    Here are the screenies(sorry for bad quality camera on ipod touch isn't very good one)
    img0020bs.jpg
    img0019fu.jpg
    img0018fb.jpg
    img0017vz.jpg
    img0007kx.jpg
    img0008ygi.jpg
    img0003we.jpg
    img0012cwm.jpg
    G-ROM is ressurected and reborned!

G-ROM comes back!

G-ROM f is uploaded(Link)!

Changelog:
    • Rebuilt from XXJK1
    • Reodexed and zipaligned all system apps
    • Custom kernel with RootADB, recovery on /system/recovery and ext2, ext4 support
    • init.d script support
    • New app: Tweak manager(included:V6supercharger, 3gturbocharger, Maximum Overdrive, DieHard Battery Calibrator, KickAss Kernelizer(made by zeppelinrox)
    • New app: Rebooter. Helps to reboot into recovery and download or simply reboot and power off fast(can't modify framework yet:()
    • Busybox bug fixed permanently
    • Updated QuickPic and Total Commander
    • SuperUser replaced with SuperSu
    • Sio module and other modules and governors are included
    • No heavy tweaks: only V6supercharger, 3gturbocharger and KickAss kernelizer(that's enough)
    • New bootanimation and wallpaper
    • Faster boot time(approximately 2 minutes)
    • Added all APN addresses(very useful;))
    • Removed bug fixer and G-ROM edition manager

That's it! As I'm not the best designer at all I ask for your help to do:
    1) Best bootanimation
    2) Best wallpaper
    3) Best icon for Tweak Manager
    4) Best icon for Rebooter
    5) Best framework-res.apk theming
    6) More scripts for Tweak Manager

And the last: Problems I try to solve
    1) Convert stl6-8 (data, system and cache to ext2 or ext4(ROM wipe data after reboot:eek:
    2) Can't make extended power menu(don't want to boot at all, permission checked)

Wait for your reviews and suggestions...
    I have some problems with my ROM. If you could help me feel free to PM me or to write here.
    Known bugs
    • No bugs(Woohoo!!!)

Want list
    • OC kernel