Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Thread Deleted

Import Contacts to Kin TwoM [Tutorial]

12th January 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I needed to soft reset my Kin recently due to some random crashing (which I believe was caused by a long text message I was unable to delete). I wanted to backup my contacts and import them after I cleared the phone. I used the same procedure you mention here expect that I downloaded the contacts_export file created by using the "Export Contacts" button on the developer menu.

I renamed the file from "contacts_export" to "cellebrite.contacts.xml" and uploaded it to the phone. After a restart I tried using "Import Contacts" but continually got error messages about Invalid XML. I have spent a decent amount of time trying different things, but I think I have narrowed down the source of those errors (at least in my case).

Each entry must have a first and last name. If you had any contacts in the KIN without that they are exported without a <LastName> tag, and this causes errors during import.

A simple solution for this is to open the exported file and add in empty tags <LastName></LastName> after </FirstName> for any entries without a last name. The same could be done if any of your contacts didn't have a first name.

Once I did that, I was able to use JohnKussack's tool to upload "cellebrite.contacts.xml", restart, and "Import Contacts".

Just another thing to mention, all of my entries only have one number (mobile), a First/Last name (after I fixed them), and nothing else.
6th April 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #12  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 291

1,620 posts
More
could somone re-make the site? its down and i need it
6th April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #13  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 291

1,620 posts
More
srsly, i need this
6th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 47

166 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please SEARCH THE FORUMS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1555215
11th May 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Exporting Contacts from Kin TwoM
Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like all the posts are about *importing* contacts--my display on my Kin TwoM is completely non-functional (read: dark) and it would be great if I could export the contacts. Any suggestions or threads you could direct me too that would give me the step-by-step?

Thanks,

Carmen
23rd May 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 47

166 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
PLEASE search the forums!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post26437193
This is a way more reliable tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriveSpecial

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like all the posts are about *importing* contacts--my display on my Kin TwoM is completely non-functional (read: dark) and it would be great if I could export the contacts. Any suggestions or threads you could direct me too that would give me the step-by-step?

Thanks,

Carmen

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread