Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Import Contacts to Kin TwoM [Tutorial]

Tip us?

Sengleha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I needed to soft reset my Kin recently due to some random crashing (which I believe was caused by a long text message I was unable to delete). I wanted to backup my contacts and import them after I cleared the phone. I used the same procedure you mention here expect that I downloaded the contacts_export file created by using the "Export Contacts" button on the developer menu.

I renamed the file from "contacts_export" to "cellebrite.contacts.xml" and uploaded it to the phone. After a restart I tried using "Import Contacts" but continually got error messages about Invalid XML. I have spent a decent amount of time trying different things, but I think I have narrowed down the source of those errors (at least in my case).

Each entry must have a first and last name. If you had any contacts in the KIN without that they are exported without a <LastName> tag, and this causes errors during import.

A simple solution for this is to open the exported file and add in empty tags <LastName></LastName> after </FirstName> for any entries without a last name. The same could be done if any of your contacts didn't have a first name.

Once I did that, I was able to use JohnKussack's tool to upload "cellebrite.contacts.xml", restart, and "Import Contacts".

Just another thing to mention, all of my entries only have one number (mobile), a First/Last name (after I fixed them), and nothing else.

Whoareyou
Old
Thanks Meter 291
could somone re-make the site? its down and i need it
Device: HTC One (M7, Silver)
ROM: ViperROM

If you don't like me or my projects, READ THIS!

^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK THE DOCTOR FOR EPICNESS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Trust Me, I'm the Doctor" -The Doctor

Whoareyou
Old
Thanks Meter 291
srsly, i need this
Device: HTC One (M7, Silver)
ROM: ViperROM

If you don't like me or my projects, READ THIS!

^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK THE DOCTOR FOR EPICNESS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Trust Me, I'm the Doctor" -The Doctor

Kinuser1
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Please SEARCH THE FORUMS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1555215

OverDriveSpecial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Exporting Contacts from Kin TwoM

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like all the posts are about *importing* contacts--my display on my Kin TwoM is completely non-functional (read: dark) and it would be great if I could export the contacts. Any suggestions or threads you could direct me too that would give me the step-by-step?

Thanks,

Carmen

Kinuser1
Old
Thanks Meter 46
PLEASE search the forums!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post26437193
This is a way more reliable tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriveSpecial View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like all the posts are about *importing* contacts--my display on my Kin TwoM is completely non-functional (read: dark) and it would be great if I could export the contacts. Any suggestions or threads you could direct me too that would give me the step-by-step?

Thanks,

Carmen