Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

reparation "service"

OP 1234556789

24th April 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 49

185 posts
Have you ever damaged your car and tried to get an estimate over the phone? They don't do it and won't do it, because they do not want to be obligated in any way to a quote without having seen the car and checked it for external and internal damages.

Let's say you call ASUS, and they tell you $100 to replace a screen. You send it in, and they find more damage than you told them over the phone. What then? You won't be satisfied with the inevitable conclusion that way either.
24th April 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #12  
Flag Sherbrooke
Thanks Meter: 28

331 posts
More
Ok, I'll try to make myself more clear: damage to a tablet's touchscreen can be a complex affair, and is in no way comparable to fixing a broken mirror on a car (sorry). If it's just the glass that is affected, it shouldn't cost a lot to replace it (I have done so on a Nexus One a few years ago), but if you need to replace the digitizer, it'll cost you more. That's why most repair shops will provide an estimate but won't be upfront about the exact cost before having the chance to examine the unit firsthand.

And again, I feel your pain, but you should know this is standard procedure in most cases.

EDIT: ssl123 clarified the point even better than I did. Thanks.
3rd May 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

369 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234556789

Sometimes it seems to me that i am not from this world...
I never say that i want a 100 % accurate estimate without checking it before !

Am i the only one who expected that -for example- it is possible to say that changing the display cost XXX € ? Of course, if there is more to do it costs more

!

just read what i wrote before.

Have you ever damaged your car and tried to get an estimate over the phone? ---- If i ask for changimg the window from my car - they tell me the prize!

by the way- do you think the other things are normal ?

gandalf

edit : Status after 1 Month : rapairing.....
Last edited by 1234556789; 4th May 2012 at 08:30 AM.
5th May 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #14  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 351

2,259 posts
More
Once you are out of warranty, go to a third party repair center, not the manufacturer.

It's like going to get a repair on your car at the dealership vs the mechanics shop down the street. You end up paying 4x more for the same service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
11th May 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

369 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP2008

Once you are out of warranty, go to a third party repair center, not the manufacturer.

It's like going to get a repair on your car at the dealership vs the mechanics shop down the street. You end up paying 4x more for the same service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

-Your right- next time i ll do it.

The neverending story:
get it back today- repaired.
But i wrote that they send the broken touchscreen back (because it works- indoor it is all OK- only outdoor its not so good)
Of course they do not.....

Kind regards
gandalf
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread